• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Dualsense controller first look

LordOfChaos

0:31, the one thing I'm disappointed with in these previews, the rest sounds great, is those panel gaps under the cross and square there, I had hoped such build quality things would have a very fine attention to detail this gen. Seen that in other hands on too.

Mr Moose

0:31, the one thing I'm disappointed with in these previews, the rest sounds great, is those panel gaps under the cross and square there, I had hoped such build quality things would have a very fine attention to detail this gen. Seen that in other hands on too.
I didn't even notice that before lol.
The white parts are raised more than the black? :pie_thinking:

Pejo

Can't watch the vid right now, did they mention if it has PC drivers yet, or if the DS4 ones work?

LordOfChaos

I didn't even notice that before lol.
The white parts are raised more than the black? :pie_thinking:

Yeah, creating that seam.

Same kinda thing we already saw this generation, but I had hoped more attention would be paid to these details. When I got a new DS4 the plastic gaps actually felt sharp in my hand until I wore the edge down with use I guess. It's not like it changed much, but I hoped the Dualsense would just have a lot of attention paid to the tolerances.

FrankWza

I’m seeing it. I think it will have the same feel as the platform the DS4 buttons are on. I was concerned about circle being too far right on the curve of the handle like the xb1 controller. But it appears it isn’t that bad but still not flat like the DS4. Looks like a happy middle.

Kuranghi

I think thats an intentional gap for the light-strip thingie maybe?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Oh will watch later I hope they talk in depth about adaptive triggers.

Last edited:

Pejo

The DS, same as DS4, works as a HID on PC out of the box. (you won't get the adaptive triggers etc tho')
Awesome to hear confirmation on that. I'm sure haptic stuff will come later, but I'm just ecstatic to get off of USB Micro cables on PC. They're pieces of shit that only last like 1-2 months before they need to be replaced. Bring on USB-C.

Digity

Awesome to hear confirmation on that. I'm sure haptic stuff will come later, but I'm just ecstatic to get off of USB Micro cables on PC. They're pieces of shit that only last like 1-2 months before they need to be replaced. Bring on USB-C.
What are you doing to them?

Okamiden

Am I the only one who already in love with some of the soundtrack pieces? particularly the one we can hear at the last part of the video?

Somehow feels very nostalgic, haha.

Last edited:

Pejo

What are you doing to them?
Pictured: Me playing games on PC with a controller

iu

Nothing special, but the connector seems to get loose after a while and then my controller loses connection while I'm playing stuff which is really infuriating.

timmyp53

I personally liked the weight of the DS4 and after my hands on with the DualSense there is decent difference. I like the feel of the controller alot though.
All these impressions on the dualsense features sound promising.

Tschumi

Looking good.. I'm the kinda guy who would take that beautifully rendered sand and have a good day based off of it lol.. yeah looking good, and controllers sounding like everything Cerny said they would be at the beginning~

HoodWinked

Ya that's pretty high praise I'm just still perplexed by the adaptive triggers. How can they possibly withstand years of usage. Even trigger stops which are far less complex even fail.

Digity

Pictured: Me playing games on PC with a controller

iu

Nothing special, but the connector seems to get loose after a while and then my controller loses connection while I'm playing stuff which is really infuriating.
That's weird, I've personally never had one die on me.

Tschumi

Ya that's pretty high praise I'm just still perplexed by the adaptive triggers. How can they possibly withstand years of usage. Even trigger stops which are far less complex even fail.
Good point, i too can't help thinking of the risk of things going wrong for either console.. just gotta trust they know what they're doing i guess.. i mean those chairs in IKEA get machine pressed a million times without breaking lol~

Kuranghi

It will be better with USB-C for sure but I'd advise just getting a charging station, even if you only have one controller its so much better because it charges through the bottom port which is faster than usb-micro (not sure if faster than usb-c) than ever having to put the cable in again and have those problems. I also lost a controller to the port getting effed.

You won't regret the extra $25 on the charger when you are spending $499 on the console.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Piece of art. Looking to be the greatest controller ever made.

Seriously? Without even trying it?
The elite 2 has something to say about this. (Plus a bunch of other controllers)

That said, I'm excited for a really good playstation controller, not a big fan of the ps4 controller. This one looks big enough to fit in my hands and also looks fantastic.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Even DF are singing the praises, literally, every outlet seems to be surprised with the boasting Sony did, and how much of it was true.

Mine arrives this Friday. :O

Pimpbaa

Racing games are going to be amazing with the Dualsense, well not as amazing as steering wheels with force feedback but still. The xb1 controller added so much to racing games with it's rumble triggers, but this is so much more.

Top Bottom