• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] NEED FOR SPEED Hot Pursuit Remastered PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Time and time again, developers half-assing the "remastered" version of old games on new hardware for some easy money. Nothing to see here.

huraga

Banned
The Xbox fans in this thread are pathetic.

The PlayStation fans in this thread are pathetic.

What an embarrassment.
And then you are fully neutral person, right? Let's stop being hypocritical and criticizing console warfare when we all have our preferences. Both, PS5 and Xbox fans are totally respectable.

It is as if you tell me that you love football but you are not from any team.

I´ve both consoles, but yes, I like more Series X, like in the last generation I liked more PS4 than XBOne.

I have the PS5 because I love some of its exclusives but I like the Xbox ecosystem and hardware better.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

What an embarrassment.
How Dare You Greta GIF

On the PS4 Pro that section has big drops to around 40fps not 50+. On X1X it drops into the 30fps range not 55+. Why would flawless 60fps be a given for XSX? Its 50fps+ on XSX and 60fps on PS5. Whatever it's doing there is clearly taxing.

That's not the case though.

Are you serious ? So for you, the PS4 pro runs this section at 42 to 50fps, and XsX runs it down to 44fps, and that's "normal" ? Wow....

Person with a half a brain can tell its horrible port job and not related to hardware. My pc with lower specs than SS can do 60fps. Its just pathetic port job by EA who recently said they want to become no.1 racing publisher in the world. Lol

Its funny when PS5 version performs bad then excuse is that devs fault plus its BC game. When SX performs bad, its hardware fault and PS5 beast lool.
No what's retarded Is whenever xbox performs bad it somehow turns to An excuse of tools and a big paradox.

Hitman 3 is a lastgen enhanced game it runs with more resolution frame rates and settings on PS4 pro than one x and series s so is PS4 pro more powerful than series s and one x? No it's clearly a bad port and somehow the same game runs at 1800p on ps5 and 4k on series x and digital foundry called it a trueness benchmark. Disregarding that it's a bad port And on some type of way nfs runs better on ps5 than series x and digital foundry says it's a bad port,

control run s better on ps5 during gameplay but no digital foundry chose photomode as benchmark

There's countless games that run better on ps5 but digital foundry have always found a way to formulate some type of paradox to damage control the Xbox low performance but never for ps5 to them ps5 shouldnt outperform Xbox it's like some religion to them.

The reason digital foundry can never play fair with ps5 and accept it's outperforming series x is because it'll be shameful and they'll lose credibility!

Why I say this? Because whenever the specs came out, df jumped and rushed to claim series x was more powerful in every measure and the ssd doesn't matter infact even before the ue5 demo Alex said the ssd won't improve graphics and the ps5 was similar to a 2060s/2070 while series x was compared to a 2080 super. And Richard claimed ps5 was 9 teraflops and variable clocks are bad and cerny is lying.

And now that the games have come out and the ps5 is outmuscleing Xbox in 80 percent of the titles. They cant handle the truth and accept they made a stupendous judgement so they are now constantly trying to save face by blaming tools and developers for their own misjudgement because for a big tech channel like them it's slowly looking shameful everytime ps5 beats series x.

What they are doing is fighting a losing war with their ego and pride.

We have a saying in Africa "don't insult the crocodile before you cross the river" mark cerny is taking them back to school everyday it's not even funny now.

Last edited:
Judging from the posts in the thread I’d have guessed the XS versions have massive issues. Watching the video there’s a small section of one circuit that can drop the frames some. And the same issue exists on Scorpio. And VRR doesn’t fix it. Clearly something weird with the software.

I guess you could say the XSS version does have a major issue. No excuse for 30fps there.

J_Gamer.exe

The reason digital foundry can never play fair with ps5 and accept it's outperforming series x is because it'll be shameful and they'll lose credibility!

Why I say this? Because whenever the specs came out, df jumped and rushed to claim series x was more powerful in every measure and the ssd doesn't matter infact even before the ue5 demo Alex said the ssd won't improve graphics and the ps5 was similar to a 2060s/2070 while series x was compared to a 2080 super. And Richard claimed ps5 was 9 teraflops and variable clocks are bad and cerny is lying.

And now that the games have come out and the ps5 is outmuscleing Xbox in 80 percent of the titles. They cant handle the truth and accept they made a stupendous judgement so they are now constantly trying to save face by blaming tools and developers for their own misjudgement because for a big tech channel like them it's slowly looking shameful everytime ps5 beats series x.

We have a saying in Africa "don't insult the crocodile before you cross the river" mark cerny is taking them back to school everyday it's not even funny now.
You could say Cerny snapped.

Interfectum

OyUDmPd.gif

Very cool... the gaming community needs to apologise to mark cerny. He's producing constant performance with high settings constantly. Even though the whole gaming community went on a witch hunt... disliked he's road to ps5 video, called him a nutcase, said he wasted resources on the ssd, said ssd won't improve shit, they said variable clocks and 9 teraflops was a disaster, the said ps5 will overheat, they said wait for the tools to arrive on Xbox, they said cerny is a liar.. it's like the Jews insulting and throwing rocks to Jesus as he's carrying his cross on his way to be crucified, and in a way I was one of those people who criticised cerny but after understanding his road to ps5 video and after the ue5 demo I understood him and was humbled by his intellect.

Truth is 90 percent of gamers or this tech youtubers know less than half the stuff mark cerny knows and belittling mark cerny a proven top industrial computer engineer whose been in the industry for decades and especially after actuall developers came out and said ps5 was better engineered and got censored was shameful. And it still is. A round of applause 👏 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
to mark cerny we are not worthy

And this is just the start. Imagine ps5 games in 2+ years or when God of war comes out the tech in those games would silence all the idiots. Next time mark cerny presents PlayStation 6. People should sit down watch, listen shut up and appreciate.

Last edited:

NullZ3r0

Banned
DF have been doing damage control like that for every game since day 1, it's not news anymore but it's still hilarious. Obviously, they're the only ones saying this (not VGTech, not NXGamer, nobody else...)

You can't have software issues on every game released on Earth which would each time make the Series X version inferior.

At some point you have to admit PS5 just runs games better and move on.
Hey, they showed actual evidence and thoroughly tested it. How is this damage control? The same issue happened in the same spot on Xbox One X and it's an issue that happens only in one area on one track. How is it not a software bug?

cyber_ninja

What an embarrassment.
Some people take gaming too seriously imo, and by seriously I mean getting mad and insult other users that disagree with them. It's ok to poke fun at each other and even troll a bit as long as it's in a lightheaded manner. It's all should be about having fun as we share the same fucking hobby regardless of our system preferences because at the end of the day we all doing the same thing - pushing button and playing games. Loosen people, have fun and be nice to each other. Cheers 🍻!!!

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Very cool... the gaming community needs to apologise to mark cerny. He's producing constant performance with high settings constantly. Even though the whole gaming community went on a witch hunt... disliked he's road to ps5 video, called him a nutcase, said he wasted resources on the ssd, said ssd won't improve shit, they said variable clocks and 9 teraflops was a disaster, the said ps5 will overheat, they said wait for the tools to arrive on Xbox, they said cerny is a liar.. it's like the Jews insulting and throwing rocks to Jesus as he's carrying his cross on his way to be crucified, and in a way I was one of those people who criticised cerny but after understanding his road to ps5 video and after the ue5 demo I understood him and was humbled by his intellect.

Truth is 90 percent of gamers or this tech youtubers know less than half the stuff mark cerny knows and belittling mark cerny a proven top industrial computer engineer whose been in the industry for decades and especially after actuall developers came out and said ps5 was better engineered and got censored was shameful. And it still is. A round of applause 👏 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
to mark cerny we are not worthy

And this is just the start. Imagine ps5 games in 2+ years or when God of war comes out the tech in those games would silence all the idiots. Next time mark cerny presents PlayStation 6. People should sit down watch, listen shut up and appreciate.
I don't agree wit the cult of personality that comes from fans of each side.
But I do think that the road to ps5 was a mistake as a first real talk of the ps5.It was to technical and nobody understood it, me neither.
They should have done what they do best, let the game do the talking then introduce the specs.
And of course most youtubers know way less than a console architect, be it cerny or the main architects for the switch or the xbox.
And to be honest both consoles have great specs and will probably have great games and the performance disparity is quite minimal.
I think that people get too carried away into warring instead of playing.

Gold_Loot

But I do think that the road to ps5 was a mistake as a first real talk of the ps5.It was to technical and nobody understood it, me neither.
They should have done what they do best, let the game do the talking then introduce the specs.
And of course most youtubers know way less than a console architect, be it cerny or the main architects for the switch or the xbox.
And to be honest both consoles have great specs and will probably have great games and the performance disparity is quite minimal.
You got some nerve speaking all that logic here son.
You best tuck that tail between your legs and walk on outa here.

No what's retarded Is whenever xbox performs bad it somehow turns to An excuse of tools and a big paradox.

Hitman 3 is a lastgen enhanced game it runs with more resolution frame rates and settings on PS4 pro than one x and series s so is PS4 pro more powerful than series s and one x? No it's clearly a bad port and somehow the same game runs at 1800p on ps5 and 4k on series x and digital foundry called it a trueness benchmark. Disregarding that it's a bad port And on some type of way nfs runs better on ps5 than series x and digital foundry says it's a bad port,

control run s better on ps5 during gameplay but no digital foundry chose photomode as benchmark

There's countless games that run better on ps5 but digital foundry have always found a way to formulate some type of paradox to damage control the Xbox low performance but never for ps5 to them ps5 shouldnt outperform Xbox it's like some religion to them.
So you are saying Hot Pursuit runs bad on SX coz hardware is weak and has issues and its not bad optimisation on devs part?

That game runs 60 fps on 8800GTX cards, you think SX and S cant run it 60fps when games like Forza is 4k60 on same platform.

There's no damage control here. Its a bad port job and only fanboys with agenda will use it bash SX.

If you are one of them then you should be ashamed of yourself. That's all i will say.

Your missing the point. People cursed cerny from the top of their lungs and applauded Microsoft and any idiot who shouted 12 teraflops.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Your missing the point. People cursed cerny from the top of their lungs and applauded Microsoft and any idiot who shouted 12 teraflops.
I disagree on that point too, sure there has been moquery about him especially after the road to ps5, but it seems that the opinion has changed a lot based on the ps5 performance.
And of course people have curse for some the console war is all that they have.Just to validate their choice.
Just like going to see a movie at the cinema and thrashing all the other movies screened just because you didn't see them.
It is so stupid.

I disagree on that point too, sure there has been moquery about him especially after the road to ps5, but it seems that the opinion has changed a lot based on the ps5 performance.
And of course people have curse for some the console war is all that they have.Just to validate their choice.
Just like going to see a movie at the cinema and thrashing all the other movies screened just because you didn't see them.
It is so stupid.
You didn't disagree on anything u just proved my point. Xbox didn't show anything and people applauded everytime somebody shouted 12 tflops but cerny was insulted mocked given all sorts of fuckeries by the gaming community because they didn't understand him. Reminds me of Jesus.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
You didn't disagree on anything u just proved my point. Xbox didn't show anything and people applauded everytime somebody shouted 12 tflops but cerny was insulted mocked given all sorts of fuckeries by the gaming community because they didn't understand him. Reminds me of Jesus.
Wow dude calm down, I'm not trying to prove anything, just to have a level headed discussion.
So maybe avoid seeing Cerny as the Christ, it doesn't steer the debate in the right direction.
I'm trying to hear your points and am making a step toward you, please do the same.
Sure some people criticized Cerny and playstation, but some criticized Xbox and Spencer too, maybe not to the extent of the fud campaigns against ps5, but it got criticised too.

Wow dude calm down, I'm not trying to prove anything, just to have a level headed discussion.
So maybe avoid seeing Cerny as the Christ, it doesn't steer the debate in the right direction.
I'm trying to hear your points and am making a step toward you, please do the same.
Sure some people criticized Cerny and playstation, but some criticized Xbox and Spencer too, maybe not to the extent of the fud campaigns against ps5, but it got criticised too.
It's cool... but the fud campaign on ps5 is almost like the biggest ive seen in gaming in My life time, countless fanboys who know nothing about computer engineering went on a crusade full of fake news, false analysis to intentionally deceive people.

The so called experts like Alex from digital foundry and Linus tech and many more went on propaganda crusades claiming ssd's won't improve graphics and mark cerny is lying about ps5s ssd being the fastest.

Yet all the devs and experts from tim sweeney a legend in this industry and ali salehi a graphics engineer in crytek and many more explained why ps5 was better engineered with a futuristic vision some even called it the most revolutionary console. where denied shamed and censored like political prisoners.

Never in my lifetime have I seen so much fake news and deliberate fud sent to one man and one console. It's shameful. Mark cerny Is being bullied for being too good. The ps5 is hated for being revolutionary, people wanted sooo much for it to Be series x mediocre little brother. But everybody hates the ps5 because it's giving series x a hard time and takes the pcs around the world by it's innovative io, and fanboys from Xbox and pc felt violated. And had therefore had to teach mark cerny a harsh lesson.

Last edited:

huraga

Banned
It's cool... but the fud campaign on ps5 is almost like the biggest ive seen in gaming in My life time, countless fanboys who know nothing about computer engineering went on a crusade full of fake news, false analysis to intentionally deceive people.

The so called experts like Alex from digital foundry and Linus tech and many more went on propaganda crusades claiming ssd's won't improve graphics and mark cerny is lying about ps5s ssd being the fastest.

Yet all the devs and experts from tim sweeney a legend in this industry and ali salehi a graphics engineer in crytek and many more explained why ps5 was better engineered with a futuristic vision some even called it the most revolutionary console. where denied shamed and censored like political prisoners.

Never in my lifetime have I seen so much fake news and deliberate fud sent to one man and one console. It's shameful. Mark cerny Is being bullied for being too good. The ps5 is hated for being revolutionary, people wanted sooo much for it to Be series x mediocre little brother. But everybody hates the ps5 because it's giving series x a hard time and takes the pcs around the world by it's innovative io, and fanboys from Xbox and pc felt violated. And had therefore had to teach mark cerny a harsh lesson.
I urge you to denounce this outrage against the poor PS5.

Something like this will shake the foundations of Sony itself.

Last edited:

Exanthus

Banned

And how did that make you feel?

Seriously though, I don't think I've seen much fud for the PS5 or Cerny for that matter.

John Wick

So you are saying Hot Pursuit runs bad on SX coz hardware is weak and has issues and its not bad optimisation on devs part?

That game runs 60 fps on 8800GTX cards, you think SX and S cant run it 60fps when games like Forza is 4k60 on same platform.

There's no damage control here. Its a bad port job and only fanboys with agenda will use it bash SX.

If you are one of them then you should be ashamed of yourself. That's all i will say.
So does that mean the PS5 doesn't suffer from bugs,rushed ports and lack of developer time?

Three

Are you serious ? So for you, the PS4 pro runs this section at 42 to 50fps, and XsX runs it down to 44fps, and that's "normal" ? Wow....
It's "normal" in the sense that whatever tasks it's performing there ("bug" or not) is running slower and for longer on the PS4 Pro compared to the XSX contrary to what you said. Lows on the PS4 Pro are far longer than the XSX too. That to me is "normal".

Top Bottom