• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] NEED FOR SPEED Hot Pursuit Remastered PS5 vs Xbox Series X

How the hell you got a conclusion that i think he has an Xbox. LOL
My post was pointed out to the people which ignoring ( having Xbox or not) PS5 advantage in Outriders. Cheers, man!
Looks like Hitman 3 traumatized you too, so called a Pyrrhic victory

Problem is, i've never called you a fanboy. My posts literally was pointed out to Outriders performance and PS5 advantages in it which some of you deliberately ignoring. Enjoy the sea. Watch out for the

ps5-ad-screenshot-2.jpg
I'm starting to think people complain about "console warring" when someone points that they are not looking at the whole picture, then it's "defense", "fanboyism", etc.

I have not seen the fact that the series X is somehow the superior hardware so far, if you insist on that you need to show evidence that it decedly outperform the PS5 in every way possible in at least one game (the claim would be more credible if that had happened for months so we know that it's not a glitch)... There you go, I told you what would make me change my mind.

No ifs buts or maybes, it has to show its advantages in a clear or consistent manner, if that's what's important to you don't settle for higher resolution but frame rate drops, or any of the compromises we have seen so far. If tye tools are broken, this is also MS not delivering and for all we know there is a hardware bug underneath the tools problems (which may or may not be an issue).

thelastword

Banned
The game on Series X almost drops as low as the PS4 Pro. This isn't hardware related, nor does it have anything to do with bottlenecks that some "experts" in this thread are claiming. If the console with a 12 TFLOP RDNA2 GPU is performing only slightly better then the console with a 4.2 TFLOP GCN GPU then the logical answer is that it is a bug or software related issue that is tanking performance.

Pretending it is anything else is laughably idiotic.
No one is saying the area in particular cannot be ironed out on Series X. The problem is that every time XBOX has a deficiency, whether it's a remaster, a BC game, a cross platform game or a next gen ground up game, people run to excuses like tools, software issue, lazy devs....They never cite hardware issues. So I'll have you know that hardware issues can bring issues to the core in your software. That's why for so long people spoke of the great engineering from Cerny, no bottlenecks.....That is what they were talking about before these consoles released.....And let's not pretend for a minute that because a game is old, it's not tasking. It could be more tasking in an area where Series X is weaker to PS5........lower GPU clock rates, less CPU cycles for games, less custom hardware.

To be clear, this is very early days. I don't think any game has really made deep use of PS5's custom architecture yet, especially on the multiplat side. So all these early comparisons with BC and cross-platform games are but a litmust test. I think even bigger divides will show up when devs use the geometry engine, the cache scrubbers and use the SSD for more cache like secondary memory. The PS5 already has superior clocks, less CPU overhead and a superior memory setup, that is what is showing the divide in these early games, but it's going to get wider in PS5's favor when you start seeing the ground up third party games; like Battlefield, Crysis Next, The next Unreal etc....It will be funny, but even Bethesda games I can see running better on PS5 if they don't gimp it. Doom's natural evolution to chaos and effects on screen, something which Series X has a propensity to balk under, and how about the draw calls in something like Skyrim and Fallout or in busy sections where they are pushing effects, custom hardware will have to do lots of mitigating, superior clocks and a better memory setup already gives one console the leg up, who has better custom hardware shall provide the gravy...

JackMcGunns

Every time XSX performs lower than PS5, it doesn't mean it's a software issue. Well the Series X game is software, but if you continue to have software issues in every title, then it means it's hardware deficiencies... Software can't do everything.....

No, this specific issue also appears on the more powerful Xbox One X, so it's more of a software glitch which has nothing to do with deficiencies.

Using your own example against you, for every backward compatible game where Xbox Series X is superior due to software, are you now accepting that Xbox Series X is superior? after all, if you continue blaming deficiencies on Sony's BC solution, at what point do we draw the line between hardware and software? doesn't it mean it's a hardware deficiency for PS5? Interesting logic of yours.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No, this specific issue also appears on the more powerful Xbox One X, so it's more of a software glitch which has nothing to do with deficiencies.

Using your own example against you, for every backward compatible game where Xbox Series X is superior due to software, are you now accepting that Xbox Series X is superior? after all, if you continue blaming deficiencies on Sony's BC solution, at what point do we draw the line between hardware and software? doesn't it mean it's a hardware deficiency for PS5? Interesting logic of yours.
The majority of comparison threads the past few months has Series X (and even Series S) with faster loading times than PS5. And for the times PS5 is faster, it's faster by a fraction of a second.

So going by that Series systems have a faster SSD.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned

From what I understood in the first set of words in the faceoff....This game was BC, but since then it recently got a patch to enhance the next gen versions further. And FYI, PRO was able to beat XBONEX in many faceoffs last gen, though at a lower overall resolution......Take for example Metro, PRO has superior effects and a better framerate.....

Further to that, if this is indeed BC, god forbids that Sony has opened up PS5 a bit more to devs, NO. PS5 can never improve can they, many suggest it's only growth which could be obtained soley on XBOX......Let's not forget by default, the PS5 has the majority of the better performing and looking BC games at 1080p locked 60fps vs 900p and lower on Series X......sometimes not even at locked 60fps..

Shmunter

From what I understood in the first set of words in the faceoff....This game was BC, but since then it recently got a patch to enhance the next gen versions further. And FYI, PRO was able to beat XBONEX in many faceoffs last gen, though at a lower overall resolution......Take for example Metro, PRO has superior effects and a better framerate.....

Further to that, if this is indeed BC, god forbids that Sony has opened up PS5 a bit more to devs, NO. PS5 can never improve can they, many suggest it's only growth which could be obtained soley on XBOX......Let's not forget by default, the PS5 has the majority of the better performing and looking BC games at 1080p locked 60fps vs 900p and lower on Series X......sometimes not even at locked 60fps..
BC games on PS5 have better framerates on PS5vs XsX because the PS5 GPU is 2.4x the gcn power of PRO. Any 30fps Pro game is an easy 60 on PS5. XsX however the GPU is only 1.9x of One X - this translates to below 60 in games that were already pushing the limit at 30 on One X.

Games without One X support should be 60 no problem on Series X, and likely why they were chosen for the framerate doubling tech showcase. Farcry 4 fine, but will Farcy 5 with One X support lock to 60? 🤔

thelastword

Banned
BC games on PS5 have better framerates on PS5vs XsX because the PS5 GPU is 2.4x the gcn power of PRO. Any 30fps Pro game is an easy 60 on PS5. XsX however the GPU is only 1.9x of One X - this translates to below 60 in games that were already pushing the limit at 30 on One X.

Games without One X support should be 60 no problem on Series X, and likely why they were chosen for the framerate doubling tech showcase. Farcry 4 fine, but will Farcy 5 with One X support lock to 60? 🤔
Good but Series X has more flops. Don't forget 40-50fps more frames should be the expectation at 4K. 12 TF of RDNA 2 with ML, VRS, hardware raytracing and VRR, quickened by the velocity architecture. Clocks that are fixed vs those variable clocks and 8TF RDNA1 upclocked console.....The Series X should be eating every BC game for breakfast....

huraga

Banned
Yes, we have to admit that this game is too much for Series X. As everybody knows Series X has lots of bottlenecks and can´t move a game with 11 years old at 4k and 60fps. It is only possible in the powerful PS5.

It's obviously sarcasm. I think many people here will like to believe this but they know that it´s not a performance issue, although they do not want to admit it to believe that their PS5 is the best.

Last edited:

Spoog

Banned
I've somehow never played this game before but racing games are my favourite, a sadly underrepresented genre nowadays. Just ordered the PS5 version for £21 on Amazon, can't wait to play it!

huraga

Banned
No one is saying the area in particular cannot be ironed out on Series X. The problem is that every time XBOX has a deficiency, whether it's a remaster, a BC game, a cross platform game or a next gen ground up game, people run to excuses like tools, software issue, lazy devs....They never cite hardware issues. So I'll have you know that hardware issues can bring issues to the core in your software. That's why for so long people spoke of the great engineering from Cerny, no bottlenecks.....That is what they were talking about before these consoles released.....And let's not pretend for a minute that because a game is old, it's not tasking. It could be more tasking in an area where Series X is weaker to PS5........lower GPU clock rates, less CPU cycles for games, less custom hardware.

To be clear, this is very early days. I don't think any game has really made deep use of PS5's custom architecture yet, especially on the multiplat side. So all these early comparisons with BC and cross-platform games are but a litmust test. I think even bigger divides will show up when devs use the geometry engine, the cache scrubbers and use the SSD for more cache like secondary memory. The PS5 already has superior clocks, less CPU overhead and a superior memory setup, that is what is showing the divide in these early games, but it's going to get wider in PS5's favor when you start seeing the ground up third party games; like Battlefield, Crysis Next, The next Unreal etc....It will be funny, but even Bethesda games I can see running better on PS5 if they don't gimp it. Doom's natural evolution to chaos and effects on screen, something which Series X has a propensity to balk under, and how about the draw calls in something like Skyrim and Fallout or in busy sections where they are pushing effects, custom hardware will have to do lots of mitigating, superior clocks and a better memory setup already gives one console the leg up, who has better custom hardware shall provide the gravy...
You are aware that your speech does not make sense, right?

You know perfectly how it is being seen lately with games with relatively modern engines that these work at higher resolution in Series X. Why? Think a bit .... Hitman 3, Division 2, Outriders .... and more on the way ... Do you think Microsoft pays developers to raise the resolution?

Or maybe it is that having more bandwidth and more CU's helps to be able to use higher resolutions?

Well, we'll see what happens, but I am convinced that this trend will continue throughout the generation. More resolution in Series X. Time to time.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Seemingly it’s Hitman 3 XsX all over again. Mostly fine at 4k, but when stressed things start falling apart.

Devs really need to focus on drs and reconstruction and stop sacrificing frames for native pixels.

Oddly, PS5 soldiers on native 4k here without a single hiccup. Time to roll out that 4k Hitman 3 patch on PS5 perhaps going by this. Better yet, reconstruct it and increase scene complexity/effects.

longdi

Banned
lets not go there about 'DF is xxxx'

It does seems like an api bug if the fps dips during that 1 repeatable track section across Xbox family.

One can test the PC version and probably resulting in the same dips.

Last edited:

huraga

Banned
Seemingly it’s Hitman 3 XsX all over again. Mostly fine at 4k, but when stressed things start falling apart.

Devs really need to focus on drs and reconstruction and stop sacrificing frames for native pixels.

Oddly, PS5 soldiers on native 4k here without a single hiccup. Time to roll out that 4k Hitman 3 patch on PS5 perhaps going by this. Better yet, reconstruct it and increase scene complexity/effects.
If you are happy believing in your arguing then better for you. It´s a question of time see the reality that starts to show on.

S0ULZB0URNE

The game on Series X almost drops as low as the PS4 Pro. This isn't hardware related, nor does it have anything to do with bottlenecks that some "experts" in this thread are claiming. If the console with a 12 TFLOP RDNA2 GPU is performing only slightly better then the console with a 4.2 TFLOP GCN GPU then the logical answer is that it is a bug or software related issue that is tanking performance.

Pretending it is anything else is laughably idiotic.
The XSX version is running 4x the Pro's resolution.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
People are saying, "BC counts now?"

People seriously lack common sense. Most BC versions that receive patches unlock the frame-rate with no other enhancements. You're comparing the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X version at 60fps. So when people jump in and say, "Xbox Series X runs at a higher resolution and a stable 60fps just to show you how more powerful that console is" when it's doesn't. The only reason why there's a difference is because it's using the Pro and Xbox One X settings which makes it an unfair comparison.

What would make it a "fair" comparison?

If there was a BC version 60fps patch with the SAME graphical settings.

Shmunter

People are saying, "BC counts now?"

People seriously lack common sense. Most BC versions that receive patches unlock the frame-rate with no other enhancements. You're comparing the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X version at 60fps. So when people jump in and say, "Xbox Series X runs at a higher resolution and a stable 60fps just to show you how more powerful that console is" when it's doesn't. The only reason why there's a difference is because it's using the Pro and Xbox One X settings which makes it an unfair comparison.

What would make it a "fair" comparison?

If there was a BC version 60fps patch with the SAME graphical settings.
Absolutely True.

Except for this game which is 1:1 settings and resolution between the 2 systems. Normally BC on PS5 is not stretched limiting game setup for pro at 4TF as you say. Finally we have a good glimpse into BC potential between the 2 since the game is identical.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I have not seen the fact that the series X is somehow the superior hardware so far, if you insist on that you need to show evidence that it decedly outperform the PS5 in every way possible in at least one game (the claim would be more credible if that had happened for months so we know that it's not a glitch)... There you go, I told you what would make me change my mind.
Will be interesting to see how the Medium fares when it comes to PS5.

Neo_game

Another game that need a patch for the SX to fix performance issues. Though it must be said these videos are doing a favor to them as they are doing the testing for them and hopefully devs should be able to fix this issue sooner or later.

If anyone truly believes that this is a hadware issue, and that the Series X isn't powerful enough to run this game at 4k/locked 60, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. The software issue was clearly outlined on the first page within the first 20 replies or so.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered PC Performance Review and Graphics Comparison | Performance - Is 60 FPS easy? | Software | OC3D Review (overclock3d.net)

08120506316l.jpg

(apparently the game is capped at 60fps on PC, otherwise the 2060 and 2080 Ti would be even higher)

A standard 5700 can do 4k/60/ultra

TBH many games are performing 5700 to 5700XT level so neither of these console are performing to their potential.

Last edited:

Rayderism

I wonder what the framerate is on maximum on a PS4 Pro if you force the system to output to only 1080p. Think it would then hold 60fps?

Shmunter

Wrong. The Xbox One X has unified RAM with a higher bandwidth than the PS4Pro and yet it has the exact same issues in those three curves on the map.
Not in accurate. The One X is not subject to the split ram yet drops also.

But it’s weird the XsX cannot brute force the BC to overcome the One x drop. Pro is a crap show on the entire level and PS5 cleans it right up.

Last edited:
But it’s weird the XsX cannot brute force the BC to overcome the One x drop. Pro is a crap show on the entire level and PS5 cleans it right up.
The Pro runs quite a bit better than the One X in those three curves, so it makes sense that the PS5 can easily clean it up.

Top Bottom