• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] NEED FOR SPEED Hot Pursuit Remastered PS5 vs Xbox Series X

huraga

Banned
Why does this matter? If a game runs better on one platform then it runs better on that platform and that’s where people will want to play it. I could’ve easily bought this on XSX but now I rather play it on PC or skip it.
Well, it´s not my case, I played this game 23 years ago and also the remake 11 years ago. I don´t have any interest to play it again when there are many more interesting games.

Mr Moose

thats why i picked the ps5 as my console of choice
You chose the PS5 for BC games? That's OK but eh... I didn't. I chose it for the exclusives and the controller and stuff, I couldn't give a fuck if BC games perform better than Xbox versions. I'm stuck with the PS BC versions so *shrugs* I don't care how Xbox BC performs in general.
Then again I do have a backlog so I guess I should care about BC :messenger_grinning_sweat:

muteZX

Banned
It looks like some suboptimal programmed data structure, which is not ALU bound but rather dependent on fillrate, eh. XSX should go through this in a brute force way, but obviously its ROPs are not helping us.

Just fucking around :messenger_beaming: I wouldn't personally class this as a "win" for the PS5, I mean sure it runs better but it's a BC game with obvious issues on the One X.
A "win" is a win, honestly most of the time it's not even clear which one it the actual winner.
So, if you wanted to play the Division 2 on a next-gen console you should have gotten the series X version, at least before the patches the PS5 version had missing effects, etc. (a BC title as far as I understand it).

I find it strange, because in general (not always) the xbox handles compatibility with one generation titles slightly better than the PS5 handles PS4 native titles (or differently at least, because the xbox tends to sacrifice frame rate for resolution for whatever reason).

Exanthus

Banned
Had no idea they were remastering this.
Was this entry even good?

Edit: on further reading it was just a shite patch. Go figure.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
You chose the PS5 for BC games? That's OK but eh... I didn't. I chose it for the exclusives and the controller and stuff, I couldn't give a fuck if BC games perform better than Xbox versions. I'm stuck with the PS BC versions so *shrugs* I don't care how Xbox BC performs in general.
Then again I do have a backlog so I guess I should care about BC :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Wow, you surprise me! I thought you were an Xbox fan.

:p

Mr Moose

A "win" is a win, honestly most of the time it's not even clear which one it the actual winner.
So, if you wanted to play the Division 2 on a next-gen console you should have gotten the series X version, at least before the patches the PS5 version had missing effects, etc. (a BC title as far as I understand it).

I find it strange, because in general (not always) the xbox handles compatibility with one generation titles slightly better than the PS5 handles PS4 native titles (or differently at least, because the xbox tends to sacrifice frame rate for resolution for whatever reason).
It's interesting for sure, what makes the One X (and Series X) version drop in those places? Why doesn't the PS4 Pro (and PS5) version do it too?
I've seen the Series X version of games drop because of transparency effects but it doesn't appear to be the case this time since it's also happening on the One X version and this shit is BC.
I don't really like calling BC games a "win" because they are just last gen games and not native, look at Cyberpunk, it plays better on PS5 but that shit crashes every hour, that's not a win for anyone.

RobRSG

Why isn't it a software issue when ps5 drops frames? The bias is clear.
Funny that when the Xbox wins, is because the game is based on old code, according to the another one crew. This shit is getting old quickly...

I got those two consoles, but the pattern is clear: Moving goalposts, bullshit and excuses.

Spitfire098

rachel dratch snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

thelastword

Banned
No advantage in title = advantage ps5
Pretty much. No flare, no passion, no marketing and hype when PS5 is winning, it's a bug, it's incompetence on the developer, name your poison.
how the hell is a remaster hitting 49 fps on the Series X? It's a 360 game.
I saw it drop to 32fps. Vgtech's stats won't be pretty.....
Oh look, another person that didn't watch the video and is looking rather silly now. It's a software glitch that also affects Xbox One X, has nothing to do with the hardware, but I'm sure you missed that because it's more important to console war.
Every time XSX performs lower than PS5, it doesn't mean it's a software issue. Well the Series X game is software, but if you continue to have software issues in every title, then it means it's hardware deficiencies... Software can't do everything.....
Of course it's a software issue. Games are software. What's stupid is blindly trying to use any one game as a benchmark of the hardware, without any awareness of how the games were made.

This game doesn't dictate anything about the consoles, just like Dirt 5 didn't, just like Hitman 3 didn't.
The crazy thing about Hitman is that it performed better on PS5. Why the developers never gave a 4k mode that lost frames is any wonder, but a LOCKED 60FPS they felt PS owners would prefer and gave Series X owners a 4k mode which is never as consistent. Could be what they learnt from PRO vs XBONEX. PRO won on framerate on the majority of titles back then.....Only this time PS5 does not seem to sacrifice rez for better frames in the majority of games, usually PS5 has the resolution, lighting or some effects including better framerate.....Reminds me of PS4 vs XBONE...

---------------------------

As for the poster who asked why Series X suffers so much with framerate in one part of the game or the other?

That's because of the console design, strength vs weakness.....XBOX struggles with high alpha effects, heavy bandwidth scenarios and culling lots of geometry......This is why XBOX had weaker lighting in COD with weaker gun effects (smoke, gunflash etc)....It's also why XBOX dropped massive frames in the hitman map with lots of foliage....I can only imagine what a new Crysis will look like on XBOX vs PS5 or a ground up UE5 game or one using the GPU for effects.......Look at Ratchet and Clank and see the chaos on screen, see Returnal.....PS5 chews lots of chaos on screen...Kinda reminds me of the PS2 days for pure and raw bandwidth........

clintar

Most likely the Rock/Mountain is not rendered as a surface but as an object which renders shit which is behind it. It happens sometimes, when you are in shallow angle and it has....I don't know how to explain in English. Well if it's a rough surface you look as some surfaces head on and to others with angle less then 0 degree from the point of camera, which easy fix is to turn off the frustrum culling, so you are not ended up with some transparent parts of such huge object, if that make sense.
But then why only on the ms consoles? Wouldn't that happen on all of them if that was the reason?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
But then why only on the ms consoles? Wouldn't that happen on all of them if that was the reason?
Mutliple possibilities, however APIs differs and on PC you have a ton of advantages on vendro driver level which prevents such things. I believe you can look at the scenes and evaluate for yourself that it does not look like much, like it does not look more demanding than other scenes. There are a tons of complexieites. There was also historically issue with tesselation on AMD cards, back in Crysis 2 era, which gave Nvidia cards big advantage, it was fixed, but it needed some new API calls and if they are using still same code, just with new config, this things can prevail. Honestly the real test would be test it with cards from that era.

No advantage in title = advantage ps5

Damn people STILL salty as fuck over the Hitman 3 analysis. Holy shit. Move on. Seriously, Get the fuck over it.

I'm sure everyone ignored any comments and went straight to compare that one glitchy section that also performs worse on Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro, even though we all know X1X is better hardware.

Exactly. Just like people ignore the resolution advantage of XSX in the Outriders Demo

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I can’t believe they made an 18 min video on this game. Speaks to how little there is going on at the moment.

Damn people STILL salty as fuck over the Hitman 3 analysis. Holy shit. Move on. Seriously, Get the fuck over it.

Exactly. Just like people ignore the resolution advantage of XSX in the Outriders Demo

Just like you and others ignore framerate and filtering advantage on PS5 in Outriders. Also, regarding resolutions, XSX version has bigger resolution spikes than PS5 version. Don't worry, the tools will fix it

thelastword

Banned
They handled the Assassin's creed Valhalla, Dirt 5 and NBA 2k21 videos the same way and all of those games were fixed/ patched for the Series X due to their findings.

DF is ran by smart guys so aren't going to bash the game or systems because of a simple issue that could be patched.
All these games are still superior on PS5. The resolution is still lower in AC on XBOX, with lower tiered rayshafts. The textures and settings are still superior in Dirt on PS5. The camera mode where XBOX struggles due to a larger crowd draw is still superior on PS5.....
I forgot, you can't tell the difference with fps, only 300 pixels. You should be good, then, it's 4k on Series X.
Imagine if this was 5k on XBOX dropping to 32 fps, whilst PS5 holds 4k 60fps, Df would call it an XBOX win.....The pixels are so sharp Rich, it's the sharpest game I've seen this gen.....If both games are at 4k and PS is superior in frames, let's spend half of the analysis time setting up benchmarks, doing background work to offset anyone who dares think this is a hardware issue......They are the most eagled eye, when XBOX has an advantage or XBOX has a deficiency, the latter is a bug, software related. I was taken aback Rich, it's quite strange, no one should doubt the powah of X, let me spend 7 minutes explaining......

I know it's just BC but the XSXs is supposed to provide 12TFs of GCN power. It should be performing better than the PS5 with BC. Not sure what's going on here because the PS5s BC is supposed to be pretty basic in comparison.

Software issues. They happen. Can't just bruce force your way through a flaw in the code (which is clearly demonstrated across both generations of Xbox)

He doesn't even have an Xbox lol. Just calling a spade a spade.

Hitman 3 really traumatized some of you.

Nothing is funnier than when people call me an Xbox fanboy. I've legitimately proven this otherwise so often with my posts, but whatever. Sail on, sailors.

I have posted like 50 screenshots from my PS5 in the Console OT (moved to the Communities section), and none from an Xbox, because I haven't owned an Xbox in like 8 fucking years.

It kinda sucks that the forum right now is in a state where anyone who doesn't worship everything related to a certain plastic box gets immediately labeled an opposing warrior, as if the idea of approaching either brand with an equal amount of excitement but also objective criticism is just impossible.

Last edited:

Concern

Software issues. They happen. Can't just bruce force your way through a flaw in the code (which is clearly demonstrated across both generations of Xbox)

Nothing is funnier than when people call me an Xbox fanboy. I've legitimately proven this otherwise so often with my posts, but whatever. Sail on, sailors.

Doesn't matter. Just look how they attack each other the moment one even questions mother Sony lol. Console warz is serious business 🤣.

Do you know what will happen in near future? Metro Exodus devs, when Metro Exodus next-gen patch arrive, it will be utterly a shitshow if XSX doesn't outperform clearly the PS5 in every aspect. VRS will be there, RT will be there, literally everthing.

I'm actually expecting another Hitman 3 like situation.

He doesn't even have an Xbox lol. Just calling a spade a spade.

Hitman 3 really traumatized some of you.

How the hell you got a conclusion that i think he has an Xbox. LOL
My post was pointed out to the people which ignoring ( having Xbox or not) PS5 advantage in Outriders. Cheers, man!
Looks like Hitman 3 traumatized you too, so called a Pyrrhic victory

Problem is, i've never called you a fanboy. My posts literally was pointed out to Outriders performance and PS5 advantages in it which some of you deliberately ignoring. Enjoy the sea. Watch out for the

ps5-ad-screenshot-2.jpg

Last edited:

Zathalus

The game on Series X almost drops as low as the PS4 Pro. This isn't hardware related, nor does it have anything to do with bottlenecks that some "experts" in this thread are claiming. If the console with a 12 TFLOP RDNA2 GPU is performing only slightly better then the console with a 4.2 TFLOP GCN GPU then the logical answer is that it is a bug or software related issue that is tanking performance.

Pretending it is anything else is laughably idiotic.

If anyone truly believes that this is a hadware issue, and that the Series X isn't powerful enough to run this game at 4k/locked 60, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. The software issue was clearly outlined on the first page within the first 20 replies or so.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered PC Performance Review and Graphics Comparison | Performance - Is 60 FPS easy? | Software | OC3D Review (overclock3d.net)

Yes, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered is not the best looking racer of 2020, but users of graphics cards like Nvidia's RTX 2060 or AMD's Radeon RX 5700 will be able to play the game at 4K 60 FPS with ease.

With graphics cards like AMD's RX 580 and Nvidia's GTX 1060, 1440p High settings will deliver gamers a rock-solid 60 FPS framerate, which is great news given the fact that most uses of these lower-end graphics cards will be using 1080p monitors

08120506316l.jpg

(apparently the game is capped at 60fps on PC, otherwise the 2060 and 2080 Ti would be even higher)

A standard 5700 can do 4k/60/ultra

Last edited:
Top Bottom