• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DFC to Sony: REPENT or DIE

bmf said:
Alternatively GAF could move the the SA model. $10 for registration plus posting probation, bans that last until you pay an extra $10, and for the heavy offenders permabans.

Good idea.
I'd think we'd get $3,000 in less than a week by just doing that!

Ponn

Banned
My soul as a gamer is truly crying at this thread now. Seriously, Sales-Age has hit a whole new level if you all raise 3K and spend it on shit like that instead of say donating to a gaming fund or something.

Jokeropia said:
Not really. PS2 launch price in Europe was €430, PS3 will cost €599. (Afaik no €499 version will be available at release here.)

Bearillusion said:
In Australia the PS2 launched at $749 with memory cards costing a further $59. The 20 gig PS3 will launch in Australia for $799 or $829 with $799 being the likely figure.

Ponn01 said:
My soul as a gamer is truly crying at this thread now. Seriously, Sales-Age has hit a whole new level if you all raise 3K and spend it on shit like that instead of say donating to a gaming fund or something.

Hey before you call it shit click on the link and read the table of contents & look at what it includes!
And what gaming funds do you have in mind to donate towards? Buying all Gaffers a PS3!?

What does sonycowboy think about this? Is it the type of data we think it is (monthly SW/HW for everything back to the NES)? What about the $1,375 report?

Mr Toast

Bearillusion said:
In Australia the PS2 launched at $749 with memory cards costing a further $59. The 20 gig PS3 will launch in Australia for $799 or $829 with $799 being the likely figure.

At the moment in Australia it seems the 20GB model might not be available at launch, much like the base pack for the PSP. Also, memory cards were $79.95 AUD RRP at launch - I still have my receipt.

As for the analysis: all it takes is one or two games to shift the balance either way. GTA3 last gen, for example. If either MS, Sony or Nintendo secure a major, genre defining title - anything's possible. I'm assuming these reports are commissioned by retailers and publishers? Who else would need to know?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Weird how the PS3 will cost as much (or as 'little') as the PS2 in certain European countries. Here in Sweden it seems like it'll cost considerably more, not counting inflation and memory card though. PS2 launched for 4500 SEK over here, and even though no official price has been set PS3 is expected to cost around 6000 SEK. Talking about the 60 gb version though, perhaps the 20 gb version will be close to the original PS2 price. But even so, I haven't seen any place where you can actually pre-order the 20 gb PS3 over here.

Mr Toast

As far as Australia goes, PS3 is 33% more than PS2 was, going by the PS2 launch price. However, given that we actually get something in the hard drive bay with the PS3 is a bonus. That also means no need for memory sticks (so theres another $50-$100 saved). I wont be getting one at launch (too much for me) but it's inconceivable that it wont be a huge success. I think the stores around here already have about half as many preorders as they did for 360, and they still havent "officially" confirmed to retailers a price and date.

Deku

Banned
Mr Toast said:
At the moment in Australia it seems the 20GB model might not be available at launch, much like the base pack for the PSP. Also, memory cards were $79.95 AUD RRP at launch - I still have my receipt.

As for the analysis: all it takes is one or two games to shift the balance either way. GTA3 last gen, for example. If either MS, Sony or Nintendo secure a major, genre defining title - anything's possible. I'm assuming these reports are commissioned by retailers and publishers? Who else would need to know?

It's their business to publish this reports. They make money off them.

I'll take the analysis of the big investment houses over theirs, and even then analysts can sometimes be dubious with their accuracy at best or be outright lying at worst.

No conspiracy theories here, just stating a fact.

Mr Toast

Deku said:
It's their business to publish this reports.

I'll take the analysis of the big investment houses over theirs, and even then analysts can sometimes be dubious with their accuracy at best or be outright lying at worst.

No conspiracy theories here, just stating a fact.

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation.

The way I imagined it, publishers do their own research on what the most viable platforms are to support and with what games. Take the EA interview last week - they support the market leader the most. Other smaller companies will aim to release at quieter times of the year where they might get noticed. All of this is/should be bleedingly obvious, no doubt.

Top Bottom