• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
got my first 2 set pieces for my demon hunter. i'm only gonna play the season far enough to get the full set because i just can't seem to ever get past T10. struggled to finish Slayer chapter.

Am I the only one mad that they are charging for the character? I dont think it's enough content to warrant a price.

No, not at all.

Diablo is by far the cheapest piece of entertainment out there for me. I paid the base price for the game and the expansion and get to play online with other people and a steady stream of updates to the core game.

This is going to cost 19.99-24.99 imo and I'm cool with that. Blizzard if you want free money charge me $9.99 for another set of tabs in the stash.

I'm not sure what I did, but with a base 500,000 damage, I'm criting for over 50 million. Thanks Inna's set.

The set bonus with pets out increases your damage by 125% per pet and you probably have 10 pets out so yah.

mileS

620 Paragon into this season and I just got my first pair of shrine bracers.... Terrible rolls too. Still have yet to get a primal ancient. Last but not least to continue the complain train... usually by now I I have 3-4 ancient set pieces. The only ancient I have is my Tal Source. This season is strange as hell for me. Lot's of ups and downs.

Dunfisch

I'm not sure what I did, but with a base 500,000 damage, I'm criting for over 50 million. Thanks Inna's set.

You havent seen anything yet : D . Wait until you get all the complementary legendaries to wrap up a build and grind out 3 legendary gems to 60+ - then you'll go from 50 million hits to - on a good hit, at least - 60 billion and upwards. Admittedly, that's with Convention Of Elements proccing alongside a good crit, but yeah, it'll happen. Sky's the limit!

The Zelda thirst is too strong. Sorry I keep failing you, mang. On the plus side, I'm almost-not-done with it. About 100 hours in, one last divine beast to go... But I still have quests to do, gear to get, gear to upgrade, and something like 50 shrines left to do. So the necro beta should have started by the time I'm really done.

I can relate to that at least partially. I watched a bit of LPs, and no denying, BotW looks awesome. Gonna have to catch up on that somehow.

SirNinja

Paragon 430+ now. Just did a GR 60 with 27 seconds to spare. Getting to 70 is going to be a painfully slow process...

Want to try to get to this WD build eventually (as it's fairly similar to my own), but I cannot for the life of me get a Sacred Harvester, Belt of Transcendence, or Short Man's Finger to drop. The fact that I got a Furnace feels like a miracle.

mileS

Paragon 430+ now. Just did a GR 60 with 27 seconds to spare. Getting to 70 is going to be a painfully slow process...

Want to try to get to this WD build eventually (as it's fairly similar to my own), but I cannot for the life of me get a Sacred Harvester, Belt of Transcendence, or Short Man's Finger to drop. The fact that I got a Furnace feels like a miracle.

From my experience getting the Furnace is usually the hard part. Stick with it. Upgrade and focus your blood shards on the items you need. With them you can hit 70 np.

Furnace is an easy get from the Hope of Cain. Just craft level 70 2H maces. There are only 10 possible legendaries total.

This also makes the cow level very easy to do as well as there are even less polearms.

Patch 1.19 hit PS4 today. Patch notes say they fix a crash and Kadala not rolling items she should. That's the jist of it, but I am going by memory.

I haven't played in months, I forgot what characters are good, what perks are good etc etc and I'm about to start my first season ever.

Any suggestions?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm struggling right now. I can do T2 but I have to go to T4 now and do a lvl 20 solo grift. I have 4/6 of my Haedrig set. It says in the description that when 4 pieces are equipped that sentries do multiple attacks. I have equiped the Sentry skill but don't seem to notice any difference. I was following a build on Icy Veins that had Vault and that's what I replaced with Sentry. Am i doing something wrong?

As for getting to T4/lvl 20 do I just run rifts/grifts at T2 until I get better gear?

This is my current build

I haven't played in months, I forgot what characters are good, what perks are good etc etc and I'm about to start my first season ever.

Any suggestions?

Really depends on what you want to do.

Honestly I would play any class other than Crusader and Barbarian atm.

I'm struggling right now. I can do T2 but I have to go to T4 now and do a lvl 20 solo grift. I have 4/6 of my Haedrig set. It says in the description that when 4 pieces are equipped that sentries do multiple attacks. I have equiped the Sentry skill but don't seem to notice any difference. I was following a build on Icy Veins that had Vault and that's what I replaced with Sentry. Am i doing something wrong?

As for getting to T4/lvl 20 do I just run rifts/grifts at T2 until I get better gear?

This is my current build

I'll be on tomorrow, are you in the NA clan? I'll help you get some gear tomorrow. You should be going for the Shadow set imo.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/88744-2-5-0-shadow-assassin-gr-95-videos

DrAg0nBoY

Meh getting killed by Belial on T4. Need only that kill and the GR20 and I have my Inna's set complete. Still need to grind alot it seems.

After getting one-shot by Perendi 6 times at a 66 GR I have decided to move on from Inna. It is fun but it is hard to get Exploding Palm, mitigation, and single target damage all squeezed in there. Got it to 72, could probably do 74 with a good GR, you served your purpose Inna.

LoN LTK incoming.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

Dunfisch

no, i'm from the UK. thanks anyway :) i really just want to get the haedrig set. it would take forever to find that set.

If you're on UK, you'll want to drop by the EU-GAF clan. On there, we have a bunch of enthusiasts :D . I got your Battletag, so I threw you an invite.

As for your build woes, Marauder 4PC boosts sentry damage by a hefty 400% and they cast your spenders - when you do. So plop down 2 sentries, 3 with Custom Engineering passive, up to 5 if you find a Bombardier's Rucksack quiver (adds 2 to the maximum active sentries).

I'd generally suggest dropping the Ambush Passive for Custom Engineering so you get 3 sentries to place, and for the sentry itself you take the Spitfire rune. That way you get more rockets, which again are boosted by Custom Engineering. Switch out your Preparation skill rune for Punishment to regain 75 Hatred at will. The Wolf Companion gets swapped for Raven, cause when you're dropping Sentries and Multishots you'll want all the resource regeneration you can get (without farming items).

Oh, also with your Cirri Satchel quiver, you'll want to exchange Evasive Shot with Hungering Arrow - Devouring Shot. When each pierce adds 70% more damage, you'll have a synergy there which can add a lot of single-target DPS.

You can place your sentries with 2 to 4 screens distance worth - your skills have quite a bit of range to them.

3 Turrets down, all of them casting Multishot when you do, in addition to dealing 400% increased damage by themselves otherwise should, normally, carry you with ease through a 20 GR.

DrAg0nBoY

Thanks guys for the run today :D. Got my Inna's set. Went into T4 and I am killing stuff left and right now, lol. Thought the whole time I am on normal xD.

So thanks again. Now the real farm can begin :D.

kuYuri

This is my current build

You have to use one of the hatred spenders mentioned in the description to get the benefits of the 4 piece set. For example, when you cast Cluster Arrow, your sentries will also cast CA. This will essentiallly more than triple your damage output. Equip Custom Engineering passive to be able to have three sentries out at once plus have them last longer. It's pretty much mandatory for an M6 build. Also, try to get your hands on a Bombadier's Rucksack so you can put that two more sentries for a total of five. This is also pretty much mandatory for the most damage.

Dunfisch

Got my first Primal.

Restraint ring. Mainstat, Vitality, Lifereg, Arcane Res and Impairing Effects reduction.

GEE FUCKING WHIZ. Man, that had me reach Yoshi-tier levels of pissed. Dead item that couldn't possibly have rolled worse.

The grind is strong, the grind continues. I cannot master myself :( .

Bombless

Got my first Primal.

Restraint ring. Mainstat, Vitality, Lifereg, Arcane Res and Impairing Effects reduction.

GEE FUCKING WHIZ. Man, that had me reach Yoshi-tier levels of pissed. Dead item that couldn't possibly have rolled worse.

My condoleances.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Got my first Primal.

Zelda doesn't have primal ancients.
It doesn't have trash stats (well, except "long throw) either.
You know what's a good game that's not too frustrating? You guessed it: Zelda.

jus sayin' brah.

kennah

Zelda doesn't have primal ancients.
It doesn't have trash stats (well, except "long throw) either.
You know what's a good game that's not too frustrating? You guessed it: Zelda.

jus sayin' brah.
When I'm not playing diablo, I'm playing Zelda.

Or at work. Or parenting.

Got a LoN LTK build up and running. 11 out of 13 ancient, more than a couple makeshift pieces but it is still effective. And fast.

Looks like I will need to find some WDs rifting to get a Swampland Waders.

I don't quite understand how the points are earned for leaderboards. Can anyone give me a rundown?

For the clan list it is just achievement points. The universal one people care about is Greater Rift max level.

Dunfisch

Managed to kit out my season DH Alt for the most part, full UE set, Yang's and DML too. Now it's pretty much grinding out ancient variants and Paragon, that 5 minutes T13 rift will take some speed and DPS. But I did it before, I'll do it again.

It's also fairly disgusting how much more efficient UE is compared to Marauder.

DrAg0nBoY

Now that I have my Inna's Mystic Ally build finished I can get GR50 done. Could probably try also more, but I haven't tried it yet.

Will probably now try to do a LoN LTK build, but because I have no idea what I need, could someone link me to it? Thanks :D.

Beeks

Shifting my Crusader from Akhann's Thorns build to Hammerdin, pretty much stalling out at the same GR67 point on both builds. Hopefully will be able to grind up my gems enough to push forward to 70 in the next day or so.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Now that I have my Inna's Mystic Ally build finished I can get GR50 done. Could probably try also more, but I haven't tried it yet.

My Inna Monk crushed GR58 earlier today, and my build is far from optimized yet. I still need double Unity's, haven't even had one drop yet, so I'm starting to feel a bit fragile as the GR's climb, but still progressing well. I might change out my P.emeralds for P.diamonds, trading damage for resists, as my damage seems much more than adequate so far.

tamminen

Whats the point of switching Epiphany to Way of the hundred fists in higher grifts?

Oh, and also LoN LTK monk is a ton of fun in 60-70 grifts and normal rifts. My fingers are getting sore of the button mashing with In Geom.

Dunfisch

Stash Space unlocked, that's all 10 now. Would've been there last season, but I was too burnt out. Anyway, one more conquest and a handful of trivialities and that'll be season journey done.

spyder_ur

I'm new to the game. Just ran my demon hunter to level 70 and now going through Season Journey.

I have a question though - on the second chapter of the season there is a quest to complete a Rift on Master Difficulty. How exactly do I achieve this?

Another way to phrase - is it my game difficulty? It won't let me change that. I think I have it set to the difficulty before that.

If it's creating a rift, I'm pretty sure I tried the Master difficulty and it didn't check off. I know I've done rifts at a higher difficulty already.

What am I missing? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I'm new to the game. Just ran my demon hunter to level 70 and now going through Season Journey.

I have a question though - on the second chapter of the season there is a quest to complete a Rift on Master Difficulty. How exactly do I achieve this?

Another way to phrase - is it my game difficulty? It won't let me change that. I think I have it set to the difficulty before that.

If it's creating a rift, I'm pretty sure I tried the Master difficulty and it didn't check off. I know I've done rifts at a higher difficulty already.

What am I missing? Sorry if it's a dumb question.
You need to set the difficulty before creating the game session, at the main menu.

spyder_ur

You need to set the difficulty before creating the game session, at the main menu.

Gotcha, but does that mean I have to restart the whole season and therefore level all the way up to 70 again? I'm assuming the next chapter of seasons will have the next highest difficulty, so wouldn't I run into this problem again?

Feel like I'm missing something.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Decided to roll a Crusader this season. Enjoyed the Akkhan build I was running for a bit, but none of the gear rolled with Cooldown + Thorns damage so I couldn't hit the thorns build I was hoping for.

So for now I'm searching for Invoker pieces. I've got three pieces (two bracers but I can roll that to something else when I'm ready). I've also picked up three set pieces for the Hammerdin build as well, so I may be able to go that route shortly, but I really do want to try out a thorns build.

Currently completing GR 40-ish comfortably/reliably. After I get a few more pieces I'll push it up to around 50 to farm things up then work from there.

kennah

Gotcha, but does that mean I have to restart the whole season and therefore level all the way up to 70 again? I'm assuming the next chapter of seasons will have the next highest difficulty, so wouldn't I run into this problem again?

You can change your difficulty as much as you want before you Start Game. You'll never lose progress.

So may knock it but I like Icy Veins as it gives a solid overview off all the main builds.
Icy Veins is always my go-to.

I finally got my last piece to complete my Helltooth Gargantuan Witch Doctor build last night (ring of royal grandeur). I didn't run any GRs, as I needed bounty mats more than I needed the gear/progression and only had about 30 minutes to do so.

I'm up to GR66 and with my last piece of gear I should be able to hit 70 after leveling up my legendary gems some more.

Having just gone through this whole process over the past 4 months (on the console), Season isn't as endearing to me as if I had been playing Diablo 3 for years. I am, however, still having fun.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.

The game difficulty is not related to your characters progress. You can change it at any time.

Unless I'm missing something, us console players don't get additional stash with Seasons?

How do legendary gem levels transfer over at the end of the Season? Blizzard's page doesn't go into any detail, in this regard.

Top Bottom