• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World -Next Order- |Import OT| Welcome Back to Digimon World

Seems that way, but I got to it from the Next Order page and it does mention the Next Order locations on the sidebar. So they just copy and pasted it, lol?

Waaaait a minute. Digimon list is for Cyber Sleuth, BUT other data in that place does reference Next Order stuff. Sooooooo it may be copy pasted from Cyber Sleuth wiki, thats just going to get updated in few days. Geeez XD

So yeah, we have to wait a bit longer to know more.

Aniel

Neo Member
Waaaait a minute. Digimon list is for Cyber Sleuth, BUT other data in that place does reference Next Order stuff. Sooooooo it may be copy pasted from Cyber Sleuth wiki, thats just going to get updated in few days. Geeez XD

So yeah, we have to wait a bit longer to know more.

Yeah, my bad, didn't think they would just copypaste the Cyber Sleuth list so I didn't pay attention to the stat requirements. And I wanted to believe that the list is accurate!
According to a random GameFAQs poster the roster is at 217 raiseable Digimon, while Cyber Sleuth had 240. It would definitely fit the "over 200 Digimon" that Bandai Namco promised, but would still be disappointing.
But yeah, I'll just wait and see. Most of my favorite Digimon are already confirmed to be in the game (Tyrannomon!) so I'm already happy.

Wikimon has updated their list with what is possibly the full list? It adds up to 217 anyway, which was the number floated around earlier.

There are two seemingly new Digimon listed, a listing for Omegamon Zwart D, which I assume is the Executor we saw on the site and in preview footage, and Guardromon (Gold). So I'm sure people who were unhappy with the recolors will still not be thrilled. Magnamon is listed as an Ultimate, and Rapdimon Armor is listed as a Perfect and called Rapidmon (Gold).

Comparing the list to Cyber Sleuth's like TMaakkonen did earlier, here's what I get by level.

Adult:
Added:
Arresterdramon
BomberNanimon
Growmon (Orange)
Guardromon (Gold)
Gururumon
Hyougamon
Icemon
Kyuubimon (Silver)
Maicoomon
OmegaShoutmon
Pidmon
Red Vegimon
Red V-dramon
Saberdramon
Turuiemon
Youkomon

Removed:
Ankylomon
Aquilamon
Bakemon
Clockmon
Cyclomon
DORUgamon
Gekomon
GeoGreymon
KaratsukiNumemon
Peckmon
Reppamon
Starmon
Sunflowmon
Tankmon
Waspmon
Yukidarumon

Perfect:
Added:
Agnimon
Atlur Kabuterimon (Blue)
Black MegaloGrowmon
Doumon
MegaloGrowmon (Orange)
Taomon (Silver)
Waru Seadramon

Removed:
Andromon
Black King Numemon
Cannonbeemon
Cyberdramon
Death Meramon
Digitamamon
DORUguremon
Jureimon
Knightmon
Lilamon
Piccolomon
Pumpmon
RizeGreymon
Shakkoumon
Silphymon
Super Starmon
TonosamaGekomon
Tylinmon
Vademon
Whamon
Wisemon
Yatagaramon

Ultimate:
Added:
Armagemon
Dukemon Crimson Mode
Jijimon
Omegamon Zwart D
Susanoomon

Removed:
Beelzebumon Blast Mode
Boltmon
Cherubimon (Vice)
Chaosmon
Darkdramon
Dianamon
Duftmon Leopard Mode
Ebemon
Hi Andromon
Lotusmon
MarinAngemon
Minervamon
Mirage Gaogamon Burst Mode
Piemon
Pinochimon
Plesiomon
Prince Mamemon
Ravmon
Ravmon Burst Mode
Rosemon Burst Mode
Saber Leomon
ShineGreymon Burst Mode
Valkyrimon

There are definitely some disappointing omissions. In addition to the evolved forms of the missing child Digimon, there are some truly baffling omissions. GeoGreymon and RizeGreymon? Saber Leomon? No Pinochimon or Piemon, or Andromon?

On the other hand, Armagemon is a very pleasant surprise addition.

It's a shame that we're missing on some great Digimon that were in Cyber Sleuth, and that there are so many recolors, but I still feel relatively happy with the roster overall, even if it isn't all that I could have hoped for.

Kouriozan

It'd be more fair to compare it to previous World games, but I can understand the disappointment.
Weird that VictoryGreymon was in Re:Digitize/Decode but apparently not in this one.

Interesting thing about that list is that the Digimon who were added to Cyber Sleuth weren't made for Next Order. (Assuming it's the complete list.)

Also interesting they removed two of the big jogress Digimon (Armadimon and Hawkmon). You'd think the two Digimon at a time thing would promote all of the jogress evolutions.

How do they handle Paildramon?

Interesting thing about that list is that the Digimon who were added to Cyber Sleuth weren't made for Next Order. (Assuming it's the complete list.)

Also interesting they removed two of the big jogress Digimon (Armadimon and Hawkmon). You'd think the two Digimon at a time thing would promote all of the jogress evolutions.

How do they handle Paildramon?

Yeah, I was surprised to find out that none of those new Digimon were Next Order models. That's kind of surprising. And the lack of the Armadimon and Hawkmon lines is also a little bizarre based on the two Digimon thing.

While I think there will probably be a lot of disappointment over the total roster being smaller than Cyber Sleuth, I also think we should all note that this is the biggest ever roster for a World-style game, beating out Decode by about 50 Digimon.

And who knows, maybe we'll get Next Order: Decode on the NX next year. Or they'll just add more Digimon through DLC like Cyber Sleuth did.

Considering that the Digimon need a much higher number of animations compared to Cyber Sleuth Digimon, it's understandable that they couldn't include everyone (and why they brought it even more recolors).

Aniel

Neo Member
Wikimon has updated their list with what is possibly the full list? It adds up to 217 anyway, which was the number floated around earlier.

There are two seemingly new Digimon listed, a listing for Omegamon Zwart D, which I assume is the Executor we saw on the site and in preview footage, and Guardromon (Gold). So I'm sure people who were unhappy with the recolors will still not be thrilled. Magnamon is listed as an Ultimate, and Rapdimon Armor is listed as a Perfect and called Rapidmon (Gold).

There are definitely some disappointing omissions. In addition to the evolved forms of the missing child Digimon, there are some truly baffling omissions. GeoGreymon and RizeGreymon? Saber Leomon? No Pinochimon or Piemon, or Andromon?

On the other hand, Armagemon is a very pleasant surprise addition.

It's a shame that we're missing on some great Digimon that were in Cyber Sleuth, and that there are so many recolors, but I still feel relatively happy with the roster overall, even if it isn't all that I could have hoped for.

I guess that confirms that the DLC Digimon for Cyber Sleuth were not made for Next Order, but probably for Digimon Linkz. Since Digimon Linkz reuses all Cyber Sleuth models and seems overall similar to Cyber Sleuth gameplaywise, I wouldn't be surprised if Media.Vision is developing it, especially since they have experience with mobile games.

Overall I'm not too disappointed with the roster. Sure, there are some glaring omissions as you said but we also got some nice newcomers like Shoutmon, Gumdramon, Ag(u)nimon and Susanoomon. But it would be nice if Bandai Namco made some DLC for the game, even if it's paid, that adds new Digimon and maybe even new areas, but that is probably just wishful thinking of me. Or something like Decode, yeah.

I also just noticed they made Agnimon a Perfect level. As if where the Frontier Digimon stand in everything couldn't be more confusing, lol.

Yeah, I was surprised to find out that none of those new Digimon were Next Order models. That's kind of surprising. And the lack of the Armadimon and Hawkmon lines is also a little bizarre based on the two Digimon thing.

While I think there will probably be a lot of disappointment over the total roster being smaller than Cyber Sleuth, I also think we should all note that this is the biggest ever roster for a World-style game, beating out Decode by about 50 Digimon.

And who knows, maybe we'll get Next Order: Decode on the NX next year. Or they'll just add more Digimon through DLC like Cyber Sleuth did.

Considering that the Digimon need a much higher number of animations compared to Cyber Sleuth Digimon, it's understandable that they couldn't include everyone (and why they brought it even more recolors).

I am disappointed they removed DORUmon and Kudamon's lines. :( But over 200 for a World game is pretty cool still.

I also just noticed they made Agnimon a Perfect level. As if where the Frontier Digimon stand in everything couldn't be more confusing, lol.

To say nothing of OmegaShoutmon and Arresterdramon being Adults. OmegaShoutmon definitely felt Ultimate level to me watching Xros Wars.

I am disappointed they removed DORUmon and Kudamon's lines. :( But over 200 for a World game is pretty cool still.

Oh, for sure. No DORUmon when you have Alphamon in is pretty crazy.

There are definitely some really glaring omissions. But over 200 raisable Digimon in a World game is pretty awesome.

Since they do have models to work from, I think it'd be cool if we got some of those Digimon added as DLC in the coming months.

Wait, so no Bao or Savior Hackmon? That's so disappointing.

How do you go about getting Jesmon?

I wonder about that. Warp evolving would be pretty strange in a World game, so I imagine Hackmon must have some sort of intermediary Digimon to go through. I guess we'll have to wait for someone to unlock Jesmon and reveal how they evolved him.

Aniel

Neo Member
To say nothing of OmegaShoutmon and Arresterdramon being Adults. OmegaShoutmon definitely felt Ultimate level to me watching Xros Wars.

OmegaShoutmon definitely should be around Ultimate level powerwise, after all he is infused with Omegamon's power. I don't know about Arresterdramon, it may be Adult or Perfect, I was never too sure about how strong he really is.
But I guess that doesn't really matter in a World game, since stats are the most important thing.

Stuart444

I think for people who have not played the World games (or should I say the world 'style' games) since DW1. The list of Digimon will still be rather good to them even if it's smaller by DS:CS.

I mean DW1 didn't even have Mega/Ultimate Levels (apart from a few that were listed as perfect like HerkulesKabuterimon and Hououmon) so this is still a big improvement to anyone who hasn't played a DW style game since DW1.

Redigitized games did actually have some digimon that didnt make it in Cyber Sleuth. That was bit ehh, because I swear some of those models were used for Cyber Sleuth. Atleast some of Cyber Sleuths were given for Next Order definately.

Now, lets count all the new non-recolors shall we?
+Guilmon baby forms(althought they were in redigitized)
+Terriermon baby forms(and Lopmon but thats a recolor :p)
+Shoutmon
+Gumdramon
+Arresdramon
+Meicoomon
+Omegashoutmon
+Turuiemon
+Agnimon
+Armagemon
+Dukemon CM
+Jijimon(is he really playable?? lol)
+ Zwart D
+Susanoomon

Comparing to redigitized games and we still have some major losses. And while those additions are neat, the losses are just too great. Oh well, maybe DLC will help. This may just be case of not enough time.

Digimon World 1 had a nice varied compact roster for its time, althought bad for western gamers because of its slow release. Redigitized PSP had bit too modern roster that reduced variety and felt more like standard Anime main character Digimons but even then with big omissions. 3DS version fixed that, but also gave X-antibodies for some reason. Redigitized games also had a lot of weird locked Digimon and unique ones that were just bosses.

Next Order… is better than Redigitized PSP, but its hard to say if its better than Redigitized 3DS, simply because variety turned to shit.

Those recolors man, I just feel bad for them. They were added to help roster but nobody is gonna like them.

And for spoilers,
Executor has another form which is that Zwart D. It looks kinda like X-antibody but more evil.

I feel kinda bad, this game doesnt seem to have as good start as I hoped. Slow sales start, framerate issues… :/

Interesting, it seems that they are planning a scenario/story update in April (https://twitter.com/Digimon_game/status/711025648161062912).
Maybe we'll get even new Digimon!

Thats great, althought in hindsight this was bit obvious, as the website numbered DLC and updates, so you could have presumed that more was coming.

Also congratulations KuwabaraTheMan! Your list was so good that it was linked to reddit and 4chan! Atleast reddit credited you. XD

…But now I feel bad. I shouldnt have compared roster to Cyber Sleuth, even if they share a lot of models. So I figured Id just compared it to Redigitized ones instead.

Baby1-2
-Dodomon
-Budmon
-Wanyamon
+Cocomon
+Kuramon
+Pichimon
+Yukimibotamon
+Zerimon
+Chocomon
+Gumimon
+Nyaromon
+Pukamon
+Tanemon
+Tsumemon

Rookie

-Betamon
-Candlemon
-Dorumon
-Impmon
-Kamemon
-Lalamon
-Tyumon
+Blackagumon
+Alraumon
+Clearagumon
+BlackGabumon
+Gotsumon
+Gumdramon
+Hackmon
+Keramon
+Lopmon
+Psychemon
+Shamamon
+Shoutmon
+SnowGoburimon
+Solarmon
+Terriermon
+Toyagumon
+BlackToyagumon
+Tsukaimon
+Yukiagumon

Champion

-Airdramon
-Bakemon
-Centarumon
-Dorugamon
-Geogreymon
-Sunflowmon
+Arresterdramon
+Bombernanimon
+Chrysalimon
+Fugamon
+Gargomon
+Blackgarurumon
+Geremon
+GoldVdramon
+BlackGreymon
+Growlmon Orange
+Guardromon Gold
+Gururumon
+Hyogamon
+Icedevimon
+Icemon
+Kyubimon Silver
+Meicoomon
+Nanimon
+Omegashoutmon
+Piddomon
+Platinumsukamon
+Redvegiemon
+Redveedramon
+Saberdramon
+Sorcerymon
+Turuiemon
+Wizardmon
+Youkomon

Ultimate

-Andromon
-Deathmeramon
-Digitamamon
-Doruguremon
-Jyureimon
-Lilamon
-Piccolomon
-Rizegreymon
-Vademon
-Warumonzaemon
+Agnimon
+Andiramon
+Megakabuterimon Blue
+BlackWargrowlmon
+Doumon
+Infermon
+Meteormon
+Wargrowlmon Orange
+Metalgreymon Virus
+Nanomon
+Rapidmon
+Rapidmon Holy
+Taomon Silver
+Waruseadramon
+BlackWeregarurumon

Mega

-Beelzemon X-antibody
-Blackwargreymon X-antibody
-Boltmon
-Chaosdramon
-Chaosmon
-Darkdramon
-Dukemon X-antibody
-Hiandromon
-Magnamon X-antibody
-Marineangemon
-Omegamon X-antibody
-Piemon
-Puppetmon
-Princemamemon
-Rosemon X-antibody
-Saberleomon
-Ulforce Vdramon X-antibody
-Victorygreymon
-Wargreymon X-antibody
-Zeedgarurumon
+Armagemon
+Belphemon SM
+Belphemon RM
+Blackwargreymon
+Chaosdukemon
+Cherubimon Virtue
+Craniumon
+Diablomon
+Demon
+Duftmon
+Dukemon CM
+Dynasmon
+Gaioumon
+Gankoomon
+Holydramon
+Imperialdramon DM
+Jesmon
+Jijimon
+Kuzuhamon
+Leviamon
+Lordknightmon
+Lucemon SM
+Mastemon
+Blackmetalgarurumon
+Omegamon Zwart & its forms
+Megagargomon
+Sleipmon
+Susanoomon
+Venomvamdemon

Now this is better look. Instead of getting rid of stuff, they mainly had to choose between stuff. Mainly Savers Digimon got the shafted, but they managed to get Royal Knights and Demon lords as well as some other lines too. Rosters quality depends on wether you consider recolors as nice extras, or pointless fillers.

Stuart444

I appreciate recolours because of some in DW1 that I liked but couldn't get so having recolours that aren't just random enemies is nice to me. (ie in DW1, you could face but couldn't be IceDevimon, Geremon, YukiAgumon, etc)

My favourite there is YukiAgumon though, better than ToyAgumon at least :p (another Agumon version that you can face but not be in DW1)

I appreciate recolours because of some in DW1 that I liked but couldn't get so having recolours that aren't just random enemies is nice to me. (ie in DW1, you could face but couldn't be IceDevimon, Geremon, YukiAgumon, etc)

My favourite there is YukiAgumon though, better than ToyAgumon at least :p (another Agumon version that you can face but not be in DW1)

Youll take your 3 Toyagumons and youll like it! Its is kinda funny, I remember there was someone who complained about so many Agumons in Cyber Sleuth, and now here we have 6 different Agumons :D This game actually has super reduntant recolors. I cant believe they are using both Silver Kyubimon variants...

sensui-tomo

now for people who havent played a world game since dw1, how many digimon were in that game if anyone has a guess/knows the actual amount?

Stuart444

now for people who havent played a world game since dw1, how many digimon were in that game if anyone has a guess/knows the actual amount?

Assuming I didn't miscount, there is 61:

maxresdefault.jpg

The comparison to Decode does paint a much more even figure, although it makes me mourn the complete lack of X-Antibodies in Next Order.

Yeah, I'm actually pretty excited by some of these recolors since we can finally raise them. I finally get to have a Tsukaimon as my partner in a World game.

Youll take your 3 Toyagumons and youll like it! Its is kinda funny, I remember there was someone who complained about so many Agumons in Cyber Sleuth, and now here we have 6 different Agumons :D This game actually has super reduntant recolors. I cant believe they are using both Silver Kyubimon variants...

It's honestly shocking to me that anyone on the development team even remembered the existence of the Silver variants for Kyuubimon and Taomon.

Still no BanchoLillymon or BelleStarmon?! :( I hope that Beelzemon is usable in this game since in Cyber Sleuth I stopped using him until Beelzemon BM because of his special skill.

Edit: It's also missing Renamon!... Cyber Sleuth>Next Order confirmed.

Err Renamon and its line and its recolors are in game no worries.

Since this is World game, Beelzemon should hope to have good techniques. They make or break in these games. But I doubt he will be bad.

Err Renamon and its line and its recolors are in game no worries.

Since this is World game, Beelzemon should hope to have good techniques. They make or break in these games. But I doubt he will be bad.
Sorry, didn't see the name on the list so I thought it wasn't on the game. Looking forward to the game getting localized and maybe a Ps4 version for better framerate.

Enjoying the game so far.

The opening was every bit as hyped up as we had seen in the trailers/streams. Doing an ExE for the first time and hearing Accentier playing was pretty awesome.

Of course, with all exciting parts of a Digimon World game, you then get your partings and subsequent new arrivals.

Choosing to go with Cocomon and Yuramon for my first time. We'll see if I can get Lopmon and Palmon to raise. If not, I'm sure I'll love whoever I do evolve all the same.

AlanOC91

Oh God this really does look the original Digimon World.

I really need this. I may need to pick up a Vita/PS4 if it gets localised.

Tusk

The wait for my game sucks.

Said they shipped it out a few days ago but checking the tracking last night it says it's just now moving anywhere. So, I wont have it until like Wednesday or something.

Having played a little more, I'm very impressed with the Digimon animations. Your Digimon will run all over the place, head off towards something interesting they see, and just generally show a lot of personality in all of their movements.

What this game lacks compared to Cyber Sleuth in terms of overall texture quality, it more than makes up in just how alive your Digimon feel.

I'm going to be heartbroken when my they die.

Coming Soon:

Terrible Detective Patamon.

He just jumps to conclusions with no basis. It was pretty funny. But solid for a first recruitment story.

Having played a little bit, beyond just my thoughts on the Digimon animations, I really enjoy the way the game is handling the evolution tree, letting you slowly find out what the evolution requirements are, removing the need to be checking a guide to find out what you should do. But you still need to actually do the training, praising/scolding, battling etc to find that information out in the first place, so it still has that World feel to it, just with an interface that will help you keep track of all that you do know.

The changes to praising/scolding are interesting. Instead of being to do them at will, the game will just give you the option to at certain points (for example, after a battle or leaving the training hall you can choose to do so). I'm not 100% sure if I like this way or the old way better, but I think it's an interesting change. You can't just game the system now, and you need to actually be praising/scolding in response to something.

I've only been in a few battles so far, but I've enjoyed them. I'll have more thoughts on that once I've explored the battle system more and have a better idea of the overall balance.

Yay pics!

You better, I demand Turuiemon screenshots. :p

Worry not on the Lopmon account. I got both of the children I was aiming for.

We'll see if I get Turiemon or not, but I'll do my best. So far I've discovered in game (largely through praising) that two of Lopmon's evolutions are Turiemon and Black Tailmon, and Palmon has Togemon and Woodmon. I haven't discovered who their other ones are yet, or what most of the conditions are for them.

The wait for my game sucks.

Said they shipped it out a few days ago but checking the tracking last night it says it's just now moving anywhere. So, I wont have it until like Wednesday or something.

Damn, that sucks. I was thinking before that I might not get mine until Monday, but then I wound up getting it in today, which was a pleasant surprise. I hope you get your copy soon.

That list was just in comparison with Re:Digitize Decode.

If you want to see the full list of all Digimon in the game, check here.
Thanks, I finished looking at the list and there really is a lot of recolors. The game took out a lot of fusion Digimon which I find weird since the game shifted to a 2 Digimon party (thank god Mastemon made it in). Still bitter about no BanchoLillymon :( I loved the Palmon line since I was a kid but always hated how Rosemon looks. I'm really looking forward to Next Order, it's sad that you can't keep your Digimon forever but I guess that it makes you appreciate all the Digimon and not just their mega digivolutions.

Lol @ Omegashoutmon beeing Adult and Agunimon Perfect.

https://youtu.be/LoGR8Coz6SY

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous, given OmegaShoutmon's power level. He must be among the strongest adult level Digimon out there. (I wonder if they'll stick with this level for future appearances, or if we'll just get even more inconsistency)

Then again, Xros Wars Digimon have always had some wonkiness when translating them to the level system. Digimon Crusader classified Dark Knightmon as Perfect level, which is even more ridiculous.

Thanks, I finished looking at the list and there really is a lot of recolors. The game took out a lot of fusion Digimon which I find weird since the game shifted to a 2 Digimon party (thank god Mastemon made it in). Still bitter about no BanchoLillymon :( I loved the Palmon line since I was a kid but always hated how Rosemon looks. I'm really looking forward to Next Order, it's sad that you can't keep your Digimon forever but I guess that it makes you appreciate all the Digimon and not just their mega digivolutions.

While I like Rosemon a lot, I do share your disappointment about BanchoLilimon. I really want to see her show up in a game eventually. (And all the Banchos for that matter)

And the lack of many jogress options or Digixros options is a bit odd given the two Digimon system, but I'd guess that they might just have not had enough time to implement all of those Digimon, many of whom would have needed a lot of work due to not having any models made for them.

Overall, I'm happy with how this roster turned out, even though I'd like more. I think they've created a good base for a future World title to add a lot of those missing Digimon.

Last batch of stuff for the night. Still having a ball with the game. It's surprisingly open. I've done pretty much nothing from the main story at all since starting.

One thing I didn't mention before, is that I really like how when your Digimon say things at the bottom of the screen about their mood, or what they see out in the field, or whatever, it's different for both of them. I'm not sure if its completely random or if there's some sort of hidden personality parameter that decides what dialogue to use, but it makes your Digimon both feel unique.

I'm really enjoying the fast paced feel of the battles. They definitely feel a lot more tense and involving compared to those in Re:Digitize. There can be a lot more going on at any one time, especially when you start getting three or more enemies running in.

Speaking of those Digimon, I've got some adults.

Loving both Togemon and Turuiemon. Turuiemon, especially, is awesome, and Togemon is hopefully well on the way to becoming a Lilimon.

And they make for a great pair. I like seeing them happy together.

But you can always count on Nanimon to start throwing shit everywhere. That actually wound up being a really weird battle.

This screencap can't really do it justice, but I want everyone to know that Turuiemon just went into this random dance, completely unprompted. It was amazing.

I've been playing a fair bit over the last few days, although I've barely touched the main story at all. Too busy training Digimon and recruiting folks back to the village.

She's come a long ways from being a Yuramon. I didn't expect that I would be getting an Ultimate Digimon right from the start. It took me quite a while to in Re:Digitize. But I'll be devastated when she dies. :(

Like my Megadramon did. Turuiemon didn't have quite as much luck. I couldn't fulfill the evolution requirements for Andiramon by the time I did for Megadramon, I guess. And then Megadramon just didn't make it...

On the other hand, now I have Guilmon, evolved up from Jyarimon and Gigimon. I love him already. Guilmon will constantly be running around and randomly jumping places when I'm running around the field.

I'm continuing to have a blast. The game feels pretty much exactly like I had expected it would. I've been recruiting various Digimon back to town and doing lots of training, as well as finding out some evolution information. I haven't gotten very far at all in the story, but what I have gone through has been solid so far.

I'm sure some people will be happy to know that Rina is the same as ever. I haven't really started on her missions yet, but the initial interaction did put a smile on my face.

Tusk

Game came today. Really surprised by that.

Though, I haven't really gotten started playing much through it. Spent the whole time trying to get Hackmon, think I'm about to give up and pick the DLC eggs.

Tried getting him through Tokomon and constantly got Patamon then Biyomon like once.

Then tried Mochimon and keep getting Tentomon.

I was having a real problem with my Digimon getting injured/sick without being able to heal them, but now I've finally got a way to buy medicine and bandages, so those problems will be over. But man, I felt just terrible seeing my Digimon needing an item that I had no way of getting.

Some more pics from my game:

Sleeping by a volcano is just kind of hilarious. I find the scenes of the Digimon going to sleep really cute in general. And I like how much the town has changed already. It's a big difference from Re:Digitize where you basically had the same town for the whole game, just with some more Digimon hanging around.

Taking a Baby into battle was kind of funny. But with Growmon around I could win the fight in a breeze. I laughed at seeing those two next to each other in victory. There's such a size gap there.

Getting Hackmon was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't even trying for him.

Yeah, they're fairly solid. Slightly below Cyber Sleuth, but in the same basic vicinity. Hopefully it can have some decent legs and solidify the World series as an ongoing thing.

Tusk

I'm jealous. I'm gonna have to hope one of my gen 2 mons end up being Hackmon. I've gotten my DLCmons up to Greymon and Garurumon so far. I've been having a lot of fun with this.

Hackmon is definitely becoming a favorite of mine.

Maybe not my Growmon who started attacking him in the middle of a battle earlier, but hopefully they'll become friends soon. That's how it went with my previous Digimon. I think the game has done a good job of making the way your two partners react to one another really work.

I'm jealous. I'm gonna have to hope one of my gen 2 mons end up being Hackmon. I've gotten my DLCmons up to Greymon and Garurumon so far. I've been having a lot of fun with this.

That's cool. How are the DLC versions working out? I'm curious to try them out at some point, although I'll probably need a time where both of my Digimon die around the same point to give them a go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JbPGtpKJ_d0k-8YfWFWFT0CQU/edit#gid=2129077724

Saw this on twitter. a similar looking guide to the redigitize one I saw posted on gfaqs.

Nice. That should be a help if I get stuck on some recruiting later on. I got good use out of the Re:Digitize version.

Tusk

The DLCmons are pretty good. They're really easy to take care of and evolve, especially with the evolutions being just one straight path.

Edit: So, the Meicoomon DLC is available on the 31st right?

http://digimonworld-neo.bn-ent.net/dlc/dlc.php

Says 31st there, but I've read people say it was up for download. Guessing they were mistaken though.

So, I've been playing a fair bit more of this.

I've encountered a few bugs. Once the game crashed on me entirely (fortunately I only lost about fifteen minutes of stuff as I had recently saved). Another time, I came out of battle to be standing here:

That was weird. Fortunately I had an autopilot on me to get out of there quickly. Hopefully the upcoming patch will fix these issues.

Aside from that, the game is really solid. I enjoy how much bigger and more varied it is compared to Re:Digitize. You see so many different areas, and the game is very free in your exploration. I've been visiting tons of areas well before the story takes me there.

We also see more cases of several Digimon needing to be recruited relating to one another. Those are nice moments.

At the same time, I feel like people who were disappointed with Re:Digitize's difficulty may still be disappointed here. Even with Hard Mode enabled, the game is fairly easy from what I've seen. I've had a few hairy fights, but for the most part it's "don't press anything and still win". The lack o life hearts means that your Digimon will be living much longer, too.

And while the area is much bigger and more open, most recruiting missions are fetch quests. You won't be finding many cases of some of the more involved Digimon World 1 type stuff, where things would only be available if you had a specific Digimon with you.

On the positive side, this game nails better than any one before it the feeling of rebuilding the town. It's grown so much while I've been playing, and it's continuing to grow and expand, too. This is a far cry from the pretty much unchanging Village of Beginnings from Re:Digitize.

The story has been enjoyable so far for me. I haven't really been focusing on advancing the story so much, so I'm only a little ways in, but I like it. The characters are all at least competently written, and I'm interested to see where it goes from here.

Overall, I think while the game is not quite as polished a product as Cyber Sleuth was, this is a very great game, and definitely an improvement on Re:Digitize in a lot of ways.

Top Bottom