• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Devil Saga Official Release Date (Finally)

OR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI: DIGITAL DEVIL SAGA
FOR THE PLAYSTATION® 2 GONE GOLD

The Official Release Date

Irvine, CA (March 23, 2005) – Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of console role playing games, announced today that Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga for the PlayStation®2 Computer Entertainment System has gone gold and will ship on April 5, 2005.

“The wait is finally over!” said Gail Salamanca, Marketing Manager, Atlus U.S.A., Inc., "Digital Devil Saga represents the next evolution in RPGs from Atlus; come April 5th, gamers with even a passing interest in RPGs are in for one hell of a ride!"

About SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI: DIGITAL DEVIL SAGA
Enter the world of the Junkyard, where rival tribes fight an endless war-vying for supremacy and the right to ascend to Nirvana. Changed forever by a mysterious light, Serph and his comrades now have the power to change into powerful demons... but with that power comes a price - an insatiable hunger to devour their enemies!

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga Key Features:

* Experience a fully-voiced, epic sci-fi fantasy story with over 50 hours of gameplay!
* Enter a dark, futuristic world with characters designed by renowned Japanese artist Kazuma Kaneko!
* In battle, strategically switch between human and demon forms to exploit enemies’ weaknesses.
* “Devour” your enemies to increase your power!
* Customize and develop your characters using the unique “Mantra” system.
* Discover devastating combo attacks!

The Deluxe Box Set has a suggested retail price of $54.99 and will include the following:

* Collector’s art box for Digital Devil Saga and Digital Devil Saga 2 (DDS2 coming fall 2005)
* Official soundtrack CD featuring 30+ tracks from the game!
* Full color 40-page manual.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga has been rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB and has an MSRP of $54.99. For additional information on the game, visit the official Digital Devil Saga website at www.digitaldevilsaga.com or www.atlus.com.

###

About Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
Located in Irvine, CA, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is a publisher of challenging and engaging video games for a variety of platforms including Microsoft's Xbox and Sony's PlayStation®2. Atlus is best known for releasing unique RPGs and Strategy RPGs such as Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Wizardry, Persona, and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. For more information visit: www.atlus.com
© 2005 Atlus SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI, SMT and DIGITAL DEVIL SAGA are trademarks of Atlus USA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

I didn't see this posted yet. For those who don't want to read that, it's coming April 5th. Sure took them long enough to give a real date... but at least this time I don't think we have to worry about a bunch of last minute delays.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Woo!
Now just give me that sweet sweet, SMT DS info Atlus.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
*Slowly circles April 5th on calendar with red pen*

There is only the Deluxe Box version of the game right? I'll try to order it from Blockbuster if that's the case since it's $59.99 CDN there (I think) instead of $69.99 that EB is charging the last time I checked. There's no preorder bonus for this thing, right?

MoxManiac

I think Gamestop is offering some lame controller "armors' with preorder, but otherwise, no. The LE is the same everywhere.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
FUCKING SWEET!

I never really liked the whole series until Nocturne, but now I'm hooked!

If anybody here works at Atlus or knows someone who works there, pass the message along that Atlus freakin rocks! Incredible translations, incredible games, and you actually release games in a timely *cough* Working Designs *cough* fashion!

Now let's start getting to work on Digital Devil Saga 2!

Ironclad

Damn, I called my gamestop yesterday to casually ask them the release date just to be sure and the clerk said March 30th. Oh well, it's not that much off but let's hope that is the end of it. I've got mine preordered and I guess they're giving the controller armor away with the game.

Top Bottom