• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: DMC5:SE PS5 tested

onesvenus

I haven't seen a thread about this posted, so here it goes

- Improved loading times
- 3D audio support
- Dualsense adaptive triggers support
- High-framerate mode. Reconstructed 4K resolution. Gameplay mostly between 110 and 120FPS. Cutscenes around 80FPS
-Raytracing support comes in three flavours:
- Performance: The game runs at a fixed native 1080p resolution. RT resolution is lower than 1080p, you can see macroblocking. Mostly 60FPS during gameplay. "The one mode to go if you want to see RT"​
- Graphics: The game runs at 4k reconstructed. "This is not how you want to play the game". Down to 40 to 50FPS during gameplay. Around 30FPS in cutscenes. "It's the PS5 Pro mode"​
- Off: The game runs at native 4K and disables some fog effects present when the RT is active. Mostly 60FPS during gameplay. Cutscenes still go to 45FPS. Looks like a "slightly sharper version of the last gen game"​
- Raytracing supports not only reflections but also specular and diffuse lighting

"This game needs VRR which is currently not supported in PS5"

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
I watched this one earlier. Not sure what the dev's were thinking pushing forward with such an unstable frame-rate. Reconstructed 4k with ray tracing at 60FPS is surely good enough, and more desirable, than 4k native with ray tracing and a frame rate visibly dancing within 40-60fps?

I'm sure it'll be cleaned up in a patch post launch; the PS4 Pro version had terrific performance.

JimboJones

I watched this one earlier. Not sure what the dev's were thinking pushing forward with such an unstable frame-rate. Reconstructed 4k with ray tracing at 60FPS is surely good enough, and more desirable, than 4k native with ray tracing and a frame rate visibly dancing within 40-60fps?

I'm sure it'll be cleaned up in a patch post launch; the PS4 Pro version had terrific performance.
Almost sounds like a "bad" pc port. Are historically console devs (especially Japanese ) going to struggle with options like these for a while I wonder 🤔

onesvenus

Yeah, it seems like such a weird decision

thelastword

Banned
It's strange John going on a rant. I understand about all modes rendering at 1080p 120fps, but I don't agree with capping cutscenes or anything to 30fps.....He is always crying in a video for devs to unlock capped PS4 games now, unlocked is always the way to go. You can ask for a capped mode, but there should be an unlocked mode mandatory...

Capcom can fix this, I don't think the RT in this game is worth the frameloss.....They should have done 4k Ultra 60fps locked and CB 1800p 120fps....

Keihart

meh, having so many modes feel as shitty as playing on PC. I would prefer 1 mode where everything works or maybe make it 2 for the criying bitches that want "options".
No shit things are gonna get hard to get working perfectly on so many permutations, it's just wasted dev time when they could be squeezing better performance if there was only one target set of features.

Top Bottom