• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry VS Bethesda: PS3 Skyrim is still shit

It's not malice on the game reviewers part; it's greed. If a site fans the flames of protest by actually doing their job and reporting objectively, what chances do you think they actually have of being able to get an early review the next Bethesda game on any platform?

It should also be noted that Jeff from GiantBomb said that Bethesda sent sites multiple copies of Skyrim (of course none of those were PS3 copies). I'm pretty sure that isn't common practice.

Averon

It really is a mixture of incompetence and dependence on publishers from the game journalists here. You don't see real journalists covering the real world news just let a hot or controversial story slip away.

It's just infuriating, sad, and ridiculous how some overzealous Uncharted fans on NeoGAF are deserving of a front page story yet a major AAA game being 100% broken for a major platform is struggling to even get a single acknowledgement.

okenny

Banned
On the newest Weekend Confirmed they talk about the situation around the PS3 version. And i must say i'm not in the slightest suprised that this story is not getting any hype in the press. Garnett doesn't care about the technical side and for Jeff it's not that big of a deal because his experience on Xbox was fine and he was not effected. These guys don't feel any responsibility at all to inform their readers/listeners.

Inform their listeners is what they've done. It's practically what any outlet wthat's bought up the PS3 version has done. It sounds like People expect more than this. It sounds like people what them to hate this game and strip it of all merit. That's insane!

After platinuming Skyrim I am pretty much done with it for now (and my rage for the constant issues I had with it on PS3). But I fear for all the kids/adults who get this game for Christmas and don't know jack about the issues.

The cynic in me thinks that Bethesda just leaves this lingering until after Christmas so that they can get mega sales, and the problems will maybe be addressed in January. (if only! remember F3 GOTY on PS3, they admitted it was fucked but never patched it, unacceptable).

Inform their listeners is what they've done. It's practically what any outlet wthat's bought up the PS3 version has done. It sounds like People expect more than this. It sounds like people what them to hate this game and strip it of all merit. That's insane!

Still, the way it is just turned aside is wrong. People with a lot of leeway to both consumers and devs should let their voice be heard on these issues. Just like the blatant 'FIFA'-hacking of Xbox-accounts was pretty much downplayed by the entire press, some exceptions though.

You really think that's all they should do? "Hey, the PS3 version has some problems. We aren't bothered by it because we're playing on the 360 version, but we just thought you'd like to know.". That's it? You've got a major company that knowingly released a broken product and that's all you think that sites should tell people? Let's also throw in that Bethesda told PS3 users all through the development that it was running great and was at parity with the 360 version. Most sites have only mention this issue when Bethesda releases patch details. They've barely gone into just how broken the PS3 version is. The PS3 version is so bad that sites should be telling their users to avoid the game if they're considering buying or asking for the PS3 version as a Christmas present.

The PS3 version is so bad that sites should be telling their users to avoid the game if they're considering buying or asking for the PS3 version as a Christmas present.

Exactly. Maybe even stuff like Amazon bombing from the consumer side. Hit them in the wallet (although the dent is probably small), that's the only way they'll listen.

okenny

Banned
Still, the way it is just turned aside is wrong. People with a lot of leeway to both consumers and devs should let their voice be heard on these issues. Just like the blatant 'FIFA'-hacking of Xbox-accounts was pretty much downplayed by the entire press, some exceptions though.

- - - -

You really think that's all they should do? "Hey, the PS3 version has some problems. We aren't bothered by it because we're playing on the 360 version, but we just thought you'd like to know.". That's it? You've got a major company that knowingly released a broken product and that's all you think that sites should tell people? Let's also throw in that Bethesda told PS3 users all through the development that it was running great and was at parity with the 360 version. Most sites have only mention this issue when Bethesda releases patch details. They've barely gone into just how broken the PS3 version is. The PS3 version is so bad that sites should be telling their users to avoid the game if they're considering buying or asking for the PS3 version as a Christmas present.

Edit: I should make it clear that telling people that the PS3 version is having problems that have not been fixed and recommending other platforms to play it on is damned informative. Telling people to not buy it for Christmas only applies to a cross-segment of the population and doesn't cover anything before or after that; it's basically not helping anyone as well as their initial stance.

- - - -

Theres a lot of talk about what the press should be doing. Outside of informing the consumer on issues that fall in line with their general coverage of games is not something you'd expect them to do. That's what watchdog groups do and if the games media is lacking one then that's food for thought but expecting critics to take on this role is silly. That said, many have been trying to speak within their frame of reference as they should. No one listens to a critic that tries to speak with authority on a subject they're ignorant about. We do not hold critics responsible when a good game isn't recognized and we certainly can't blame them when a badly playing game is released. We've scene this play out many times but typically not with a game so large and long as Skyrim that just multiplies the experience by factors not common. We can't just expect the press to do more than they normally do.

We can't just expect the press to do more than they normally do.

Why not? The press didn't seem to have any issue giving Sony shit for years when they showed those Killzone 3 and Motorstorm CG videos. I'm sure everyone remembers that time. Games were continually judged on the fact that they didn't look like those CG videos and Sony was criticized for attempting to mislead users. Sony execs and devs also had to constantly answer questions about those CG trailers. But there's a big difference between what Sony did and what Bethesda did with Skyrim. By the time KZ3 and HS were released users had plenty of videos and screenshots to show what those games really looked like. No one that bought those games were shocked when they didn't look like those initial teasers. You knew exactly what you were buying at the end of the day. On the other hand, Bethesda continually lied up to the release of the game and did everything they they could to avoid showing it. They even lied to CG Weekly about sending them a PS3 review copy. Bethesda ended up sending them a 360 copy even though they were promised a PS3 copy. You also won't have any difficulty finding quotes of Bethesda employees lying about the quality of the PS3 version. So, PS3 users didn't know that they were being screwed over until they bought it for $60-150.

Despite that we haven't seen any sites asking Bethesda questions about why they shipped this. We also haven't seen any sites ask them why they lied about the PS3 version of the game. Instead they're just showering it and Bethesda with praise while ignoring that Bethesda has pulled one of the shadiest stunts in recent memory.

Why not? The press didn't seem to have any issue giving Sony shit for years when they showed those Killzone 3 and Motorstorm CG videos. I'm sure everyone remembers that time. Games were continually judged on the fact that they didn't look like those CG videos and Sony was criticized for attempting to mislead users. Sony execs and devs also had to constantly answer questions about those CG trailers. But there's a big difference between what Sony did and what Bethesda did with Skyrim. By the time KZ3 and HS were released users had plenty of videos and screenshots to show what those games really looked like. No one that bought those games were shocked when they didn't look like those initial teasers. You knew exactly what you were buying at the end of the day. On the other hand, Bethesda continually lied up to the release of the game and did everything they they could to avoid showing it. They even lied to CG Weekly about sending them a PS3 review copy. Bethesda ended up sending them a 360 copy even though they were promised a PS3 copy. You also won't have any difficulty finding quotes of Bethesda employees lying about the quality of the PS3 version. So, PS3 users didn't know that they were being screwed over until they bought for $60-150.

Despite that we haven't seen any sites asking Bethesda questions about why they shipped this. We also haven't seen any sites ask them why they lied about the PS3 version of the game. Instead they're just showering it and Bethesda with praise while ignoring that Bethesda has pulled one of the shadiest stunts in recent memory.

Well said sir

The gaming press should feel a responsibility stand up for their readers and demand answers from Bethesda. This is the third time this has happened to a PS3 game from them. Skyrim is the worst yet, but the Fallout games were fucked up too. It really amazes that the gaming press doesn't realize that this is a big deal. Informing readers that the PS3 is not up to par with the other versions of the game is simply not enough. Ad dollars and the relationship to the publishers seem to be more important to the press than a real story. And to defend the gaming press for their handling of the situation is laughable.

This save file size issue happens to all Bethesda gamebryo games, 360 and PC included. It just happens to the PS3 sooner due to the platform.

My PC save file is up to 15mb and it's really starting to get bogged down. Long load times trying to load yet another cell filled with items strewn about, random framerate drops (same reason), glitches, more frequent CTDs, etc. Whenever I hit quicksave there's a good chance of a crash, now. Sounds a lot like the PS3 issues, right?

Why not? The press didn't seem to have any issue giving Sony shit for years when they showed those Killzone 3 and Motorstorm CG videos. I'm sure everyone remembers that time. Games were continually judged on the fact that they didn't look like those CG videos and Sony was criticized for attempting to mislead users. Sony execs and devs also had to constantly answer questions about those CG trailers. But there's a big difference between what Sony did and what Bethesda did with Skyrim. By the time KZ3 and HS were released users had plenty of videos and screenshots to show what those games really looked like. No one that bought those games were shocked when they didn't look like those initial teasers. You knew exactly what you were buying at the end of the day. On the other hand, Bethesda continually lied up to the release of the game and did everything they they could to avoid showing it. They even lied to CG Weekly about sending them a PS3 review copy. Bethesda ended up sending them a 360 copy even though they were promised a PS3 copy. You also won't have any difficulty finding quotes of Bethesda employees lying about the quality of the PS3 version. So, PS3 users didn't know that they were being screwed over until they bought for $60-150.

Thank you. If the tables were turned, and the 360 version was the one fucked, there would probably be news reports on TV about it. No one gives a shit because the PS3 is the red headed stepchild this generation.

Why not? The press didn't seem to have any issue giving Sony shit for years when they showed those Killzone 3 and Motorstorm CG videos. I'm sure everyone remembers that time. Games were continually judged on the fact that they didn't look like those CG videos and Sony was criticized for attempting to mislead users. Sony execs and devs also had to constantly answer questions about those CG trailers..

Could be because they did lie, and they continued to lie during said events where they showed those trailers.

Just finished Skyrim on the 360. Fantastic game. Just need to go back one day and get the remaining 150 achievement points I don't have yet. Easily my GOTY. Sorry if it is busted on the PS3 right now, but I'm sure it will get corrected in time. Bethesda is a professional studio and I'm sure they want to keep the folks that bought this game for PS3 happy. I figure the split on sales is 50% 360, 25% PS3, 25% PC.

Another reason that we want to see journalists step up is because Edge, Game Informer, IGN, Gamespot, Games Radar etc. all gave the PS3, 360 and PC versions the same score. Most of them didn't even bother to play the PS3 version before giving it that score. I haven't seen any of them admit that they were wrong for doing that. So, this isn't just about Bethesda. It's about wondering what the hell journalists are even doing. They won't report on a broken game and they mislead their own readers.

Jadedx

Banned
This save file size issue happens to all Bethesda gamebryo games, 360 and PC included. It just happens to the PS3 sooner due to the platform.

My PC save file is up to 15mb and it's really starting to get bogged down. Long load times trying to load yet another cell filled with items strewn about, random framerate drops (same reason), glitches, more frequent CTDs, etc. Whenever I hit quicksave there's a good chance of a crash, now. Sounds a lot like the PS3 issues, right?

I've never had any problems like that on any of Bethesda's games except for New Vegas, which was not really a Bethesda game.

El-Suave

I'm sure most media outlets have put their big ass promotional Dovahkiin statue in a corner of shame as an act of solidarity with us.

I don't listen to Weekend Confirmed anymore, but I downloaded the recent episode and listened to their segment on Skyrim's problems. Retreating to the position of "I play what I'm given by the publisher" and "I look beyond the graphics of a game" may work in a GOTY discussion, but it is totally weak otherwise.
In the end it comes down to the question "What are we supposed to do about it?". The fact that people in their profession, who have the means to at least try to change things, don't know what they could and should do is really telling. They (not just these guys) are failing us big time.
They may say that they're just critics, not journalists, but then they really should just stick to reviewing games and stop commenting on news.

Anteater

Another reason that we want to see journalists step up is because Edge, Game Informer, IGN, Gamespot, Games Radar etc. all gave the PS3, 360 and PC versions the same score. Most of them didn't even bother to play the PS3 version before giving it that score. I haven't seen any of them admit that they were wrong for doing that. So, this isn't just about Bethesda. It's about wondering what the hell journalists are even doing. They won't report on a broken game and they mislead their own readers.

To be fair some sites don't really review all version of the game individually, ign does though. Edge, Eurogamer and I think Giantbomb does mention what version of the game they tested on their reviews (i don't remember when they started or if they have been doing this for a while).

El-Suave

Another reason that we want to see journalists step up is because Edge, Game Informer, IGN, Gamespot, Games Radar etc. all gave the PS3, 360 and PC versions the same score. Most of them didn't even bother to play the PS3 version before giving it that score. I haven't seen any of them admit that they were wrong for doing that.

I don't even expect a multiformat reviewer to play through Skyrim twice or three times back to back, especially not in the year's busy season. Playing the primary version through and rather quickly checking out the other versions that are available to you is ok. But you shoud state that in your review. PS3 exclusive media shouldn't review any other versions though. Inform your readers that you haven't been able to get a PS3 review copy. "Why we won't review Skyrim", will probably give you just as many site hits than just another Skyrim review.
If something big and newsworthy comes up about a version you've scored but that you haven't played through - buy that damned version at retail if you have to. Check it out for yourself and change your score if needed. You'll look better for it, not worse.

To be fair some sites don't really review all version of the game individually, ign does though. Edge, Eurogamer and I think Giantbomb does mention what version of the game they tested on their reviews (i don't remember when they started or if they have been doing this for a while).

I don't even expect a multiformat reviewer to play through Skyrim twice or three times back to back, especially not in the year's busy season. Playing the primary version through and rather quickly checking out the other versions that are available to you is ok. But you shoud state that in your review.
If something big and newsworthy comes up about a version you've scored but that you haven't played through - buy that damned version at retail if you have to. Check it out for yourself and change your score if needed. You'll look better for it, not worse.

I'm certainly not saying that they should play every version. But if you're only going to play the 360 version for a review then you should make sure that your review on applies to that version. The "one review fits all" style should've been done away with a long time ago. We've seen way too many bad ports this gen for that to still be happening. Bayonetta's PS3 port is really the only time that I can remember reviewers giving different scores based on the quality of each version.

IGN kind of does the right thing by doing a "Where is the XXX review?" article for certain games when publishers only send them one version. But that all goes down the drain when they turn around and give Skyrim PS3 the same score that they gave the 360 version.

NBtoaster

I'm certainly not saying that they should play every version. But if you're only going to play the 360 version for a review then you should make sure that your review on applies to that version. The "one review fits all" style should've been done away with a long time ago. We've seen way too many bad ports this gen for that to still be happening. Bayonetta's PS3 port is really the only time that I can remember reviewers giving different scores based on the quality of each version.

IGN kind of does the right thing by doing a "Where is the XXX review?" article for certain games when publishers only send them one version. That all goes down the toilet when they turn around and give Skyrim PS3 the same score that they gave the 360 version.
Interestingly, IGN gave the PS3 version of Fallout 3 a lower score than the 360 version (9.4 versus 9.6). The reviews were released at the same time at lauch too.

I, and other editors at IGN, have also experienced an annoying number of bugs on the PS3 version that have prevented the game from progressing or have broken the world. In all of these cases, reloading the game has been enough to fix the errors and nothing was frustrating or detrimental enough to give me thought of not recommending the game. However, there is one major issue with the PS3 version that can't be fixed with a reset. Every time anybody on your friends list signs on or sends you a message (or any time you receive any network notification), the game freezes and the screen blurs for a few seconds. If you have a lot of friends signing on and off all day, this will completely ruin the game. The only way to circumvent this is to either play offline or turn off notifications entirely.

Polo67

I'm in the minority ? I haven't had any major PS3 issues besides the usual game freezes(3 times) and the huge game file saves.. I'm 70 hours in

Interestingly, IGN gave the PS3 version of Fallout 3 a lower score than the 360 version (9.4 versus 9.6). The reviews were released at the same time at lauch too.

I guess we can add another one to that small list. Although the score deduction seems odd. .2 for a game that has "an annoying number of bugs" that can only be fixed by reloading? They took off 1.3 points for the Bayonetta PS3 port and it's actually better than the FO3 port.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Could be because they did lie, and they continued to lie during said events where they showed those trailers.

Just finished Skyrim on the 360. Fantastic game. Just need to go back one day and get the remaining 150 achievement points I don't have yet. Easily my GOTY. Sorry if it is busted on the PS3 right now, but I'm sure it will get corrected in time. Bethesda is a professional studio and I'm sure they want to keep the folks that bought this game for PS3 happy. I figure the split on sales is 50% 360, 25% PS3, 25% PC.

What exactly is the point of this post?

Yasae

Banned
Only on GAF. The indefensible gets a defense. The people who have played the game without any problems are the first ones to jump to Bethesda's side. What's wrong with being an adult and saying: "I didn't have any problems, but if you did then those should be corrected"?

But this is GAF. All sorts of fanboyish insanity is allowed to fly.

Atomski

Have you tried clearing your cache? My game was buggy after a patch but clearing the cache in steam fixed everything.

Only on GAF. The indefensible gets a defense. The people who have played the game without any problems are the first ones to jump to Bethesda's side. What's wrong with being an adult and saying: "I didn't have any problems, but if you did then those should be corrected"?

But this is GAF. All sorts of fanboyish insanity is allowed to fly.

I think you could say the same about the PS3 side. We cant even discuss how much we are enjoying the game without getting yelled at by a ps3 owner. Every thread when someone mentions something positive turns into a war.

We have to enjoy our game in secrecy.

Sye d'Burns

I think you could say the same about the PS3 side. We cant even discuss how much we are enjoying the game without getting yelled at by a ps3 owner. Every thread when someone mentions something positive turns into a war.

I'm sorry, was this yelling by a PS3 owner in the Digital Foundry VS Bethesda: 360 Skyrim is still fantabulous?

It makes as much sense that a PS3 owner would be entitled to his "it's busted" opinion as it does that a 360 owner's "it's perfection on a disc" in a Skyrim|OT| thread. This also goes for Skyrim topics in general. If the thread is, for example, listing best or worst RPG of all time, it only goes to reason that people would want to weigh in on both sides of the fence.

Now, what you really have to ask yourself is how much a person needs to be bringing up how well something works on a different platform than is being stipulated in the OP, such as this one.

If you really want to rally around the Bethesda flag, might I suggest making a 360 specific thread? This way you would no longer have to shroud your delight in secrecy.

Yasae

Banned

Taking a look at the OT, no you don't, not even close. Meanwhile the people who have actual problems are being cut to shreds by fanboys. People actually have the balls to tell others with legitimate complaints to shut the hell up.

Only on GAF™

daegan

Yes, you can expect a faulty product to lose merit over it not functioning as promised. Anyone who even thinks that the pile of issues that is Skyrim deserves a GOTY nod is delusional. If you had a gorgeous car but the automatic version's transmission would not shift after 10000 miles, nobody would defend that. Just because a game is a lesser purchase doesn't make this okay. Video games are one of the only arenas where a shoddy product is just allowed and it needs to stop.

rataven

Thought I'd come back to Skyrim after having taken a month break to let Bethesda iron out the issues and apologize to PS3 consumers, but I see that hasn't happened yet. I feel they've been allowed more than ample time to correct this, or at the very least, issue a time frame and proposal to the consumers for the fix, or the plan for the recall/refund.

Since even those things haven't occurred, I've gone ahead and submitted a pretty lengthy and detailed complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. While I have no idea how effective the submission will be, it didn't take longer than 15 minutes and made me feel as though I'm doing something to protect my rights (and pocketbook) as a consumer. I provided as much evidence as I could, so hopefully it'll catch someone's eye over there. I'm still incredibly angry about this fiasco, as I see more and more people name Skyrim as their game of the year, when I can't even finish mine, and not for lack of wanting. I'm oddly even more ready to fight this.

Genuinely curious how class action lawsuits for these kinds of things get started. Any lawyers here on GAF who could give us an idea of what we need to do? I'd also love to see this applied to all of their PS3 software releases that suffered from this problem - Fallout 3, etc. I think Bethesda deserves to be hit, and hit hard, after their arrogant and deceptive treatment of this issue.

Massa

IGN kind of does the right thing by doing a "Where is the XXX review?" article for certain games when publishers only send them one version. But that all goes down the drain when they turn around and give Skyrim PS3 the same score that they gave the 360 version.

The difference with Skyrim is that a reviewer could have played and beaten the game in 30-50 hours on the PS3 and not have a single issue. Some people have played over 100 hours of the PS3 version and also don't report any problems.

So I've been kind of out of the loop for the past month. (pertaining to Skyrim I mean)
And I was wondering,

Have plans to fix/patch the PS3 version been made/already happened?
If I have a PS3 should I still wait or can I buy Skyrim now without fear of huge framerate drops the farther I progress?

Kurod

Banned
So I've been kind of out of the loop for the past month. (pertaining to Skyrim I mean)
And I was wondering,

Have plans to fix/patch the PS3 version been made/already happened?
If I have a PS3 should I still wait or can I buy Skyrim now without fear of huge framerate drops the farther I progress?
I'd say wait. Bethesda says a patch to fix the frame rate issue won't be out till after the holidays.

But then again a fix may never come given Bethesda's track record.

rataven

So after my FTC complaint submission, I went ahead and sent an email to Amazon directly, asking they evaluate the costumer feedback for the PS3 version and consider adding a disclaimer to the product description, or removing it from their listings entirely. Unlike Bethesda, I feel Amazon is a company with pretty stellar customer service and I'm hopeful that if they take action, it might bring more light to this issue for a wider customer base.

But then again a fix may never come given Bethesda's track record.
Yea, I have absolutely no faith that this problem will be patched adequately. They might muss and fuss with a few more patches to give appearances they're making an effort, but I firmly believe they don't know how to fix the problem, and the PS3 version will never run as the 360 and PC versions do.

Mastperf

Yes, you can expect a faulty product to lose merit over it not functioning as promised. Anyone who even thinks that the pile of issues that is Skyrim deserves a GOTY nod is delusional. If you had a gorgeous car but the automatic version's transmission would not shift after 10000 miles, nobody would defend that. Just because a game is a lesser purchase doesn't make this okay. Video games are one of the only arenas where a shoddy product is just allowed and it needs to stop.
There's nothing delusional about giving the best game you've played all year game of the year. People who have had no issues need to be sympathetic to those with game ruining issues, but those with these issues need to stop trying to project their will on to others. I do think Bethesda is undeserving of developer of the year but still put Skyrim as my goty easily.

Yea, I have absolutely no faith that this problem will be patched adequately. They might muss and fuss with a few more patches to give appearances they're making an effort, but I firmly believe they don't know how to fix the problem, and the PS3 version will never run as the 360 and PC versions do.

Considering that one of the top Oblivion mods is an unofficial patch to fix 2200 bugs, I tend to agree. I can't see Bethesda seriously fixing this unless the backlash puts a significant dent in sales of the PS3 version.

Truespeed

I have to wonder how this story would have developed had this problem been on the xbox. Perhaps we'll get the real story one day under oath and penalty of purgery when they can't keep lying.

daegan

There's nothing delusional about giving the best game you've played all year game of the year. People who have had no issues need to be sympathetic to those with game ruining issues, but those with these issues need to stop trying to project their will on to others. I do think Bethesda is undeserving of developer of the year but still put Skyrim as my goty easily.

Put another way: a game must be able to be played, ideally to completion, to be considered good or even acceptable.

The best game, while falling to opinion, is still superior to all other games the person is selecting. It may not be the best looking, or have the best music, or be the longest, but it is overall the best experience.

If people cannot experience it at all, which is the case for a large number of Skyrim owners, how can someone in good faith recommend it to their audience with the caveat that 'well, you might not be able to play it at all, or only for some time, or maybe you'll get lucky?'

Picking a broken game, such as Skyrim, as one's GOTY - particularly if the individual or publication has an audience - is at best selfish and at worst dangerous to their credibility in general.

Mastperf

Put another way: a game must be able to be played, ideally to completion, to be considered good or even acceptable.

The best game, while falling to opinion, is still superior to all other games the person is selecting. It may not be the best looking, or have the best music, or be the longest, but it is overall the best experience.

If people cannot experience it at all, which is the case for a large number of Skyrim owners, how can someone in good faith recommend it to their audience with the caveat that 'well, you might not be able to play it at all, or only for some time, or maybe you'll get lucky?'

Picking a broken game, such as Skyrim, as one's GOTY - particularly if the individual or publication has an audience - is at best selfish and at worst dangerous to their credibility in general.
Those who have picked Skyrim as their game of the year have played it to completion. The experience they had was the best experience they've had with a game this year. They've played for hours numbering in the triple digits and loved it. Your experience was not theirs and has no bearing on their preference. The 360 and PC versions are goty worthy and thus deserving of praise.
Bethesda should be ashamed of what they've done and deserve whatever happens as a result, but if Skyrim for the 360 and PC is that good (it is), then it should be in the running regardless of personal feelings one way or the other.
Picking Skyrim for GOTY is fine as long one states it's for the 360 or PC version.
Agreed 100%

Picking Skyrim for GOTY is fine as long one states it's for the 360 or PC version.

I think the GotY awards would be a great place to really highlight how badly Bethesda screwed up this situation. I'd love to see one major site or magazine give the award to another game while having a special article where they describe why they couldn't give it to Skyrim. That way they could acknowledge the games quality while avoiding giving Bethesda any award. I just don't think that they should be rewarded since they knowingly released a broken product.

daegan

I think the GotY awards would be a great place to really highlight how badly Bethesda screwed up this situation. I'd love to see one major site or magazine give the award to another game while having a special article where they describe why they couldn't give it to Skyrim. That way they could acknowledge the games quality while avoiding giving Bethesda any award. I just don't think that they should be rewarded since they knowingly released a broken product.

This man is correct.

The PS3 box doesn't say "Skyrim: Busted-Ass Edition". It purports to be the same product, it clearly isn't, which is again why it is irresponsible of anyone to reward the game in general.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

it's gonna win GAF goty but maybe we could add an asterisk or something

I've never had any problems like that on any of Bethesda's games except for New Vegas, which was not really a Bethesda game.
It happens on all of them. Skyrim and New Vegas grow their saves faster, due to being larger and more complex worlds to interact with.

Have you tried clearing your cache? My game was buggy after a patch but clearing the cache in steam fixed everything.
Not sure what you mean by "clearing the cache".

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im amazed by Bethesda lack of communication with the PS3 users.
But i guess that 'yeah wont fix' is not what the PS3 folks want to hear.

dose

As a side issue, I keep seeing people mentioning Fallout 3 GOTY having very similar problems. I have the original Fallout 3 (not GOTY), is that version considered to be 'ok' bug-wise? Why are people specifically referring to the GOTY version as being bad?

Top Bottom