• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry vs. Dead Rising 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they didn't have enough time and MS forced them to push it out the door for launch.
This game doesn't look like a NextGen title. Everything about it looks like a CurrentGen titles except the insane abount of zombies on screen.

Acheteedo

1920x-5.jpg~original

Wow, lol.

Framerate looks like GTAV, which ain't great. Glad XB1 is launching first here and that this'll be my first next-gen game, because once I load up Killzone it'll hard to go back to this.

nib95

Banned
I seriously don't hope they upped the sharpening of the upscaler to make up for the low resolution, that's exactly how you not do it, ugh.

Tbh, it looks like that's what they have done. Which is what adds to the aliasing, jaggies and shimmering.

Direct frame buffer captures...

Are they using UE3 for this game, cause their looks to be some pretty bad texture popping going on in that last pic. You can definitely tell that this was a 360 game at one point. Probably trying to hide the fact by bumping the enemy count 10 fold.

Billen

Banned
Shame

i'm sure i will have a blast with this anyway

Honestly? I stopped playing GREAT games, such as Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen, due to chuggy game play. Given, I have returned several times since there are huge areas in which the game work, but still. Games has to WORK to be playable.

Xater

I wonder if Digital Foundry will take a look at Zoo Tycoon. That game ran rough at Gamescom in August and GAFer imranzomg reported the same issues at the Xbox event he was at. I wonder if they will be even able to fix it for launch.

Daffy Duck

An example of the weird fuzzing.

1920x-6.jpg~original

OK, I'm going to go ahead and say it, this is the one title that had me buying an XB1 at launch, I had my doubts it would be amazing considering it's a launch title, but that screen above is making me think why am I spending £500 on this console/game to experience a game like this?

It seems to be the type of experience that could sap any enjoyment right out of that brand new purchase.

Lucifon

This is gonna be fun. The game, not the thread. If 3 years down the line we're still seeing niggling performance issues then sure I'll be worried, for launch though I'm just looking forward to having a blast mowing down zombies.

bud

it's one of the worst-looking next-gen titles shown so far, and it can't even maintain a solid 30fps frame rate?

disgraceful.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The rock textures are a streaming issue, the caption makes that clear.

[edit] In fact just linking to the pictures without the captions is very misleading. The fizzling effect up close is what happens when you build something using the game's crafting mechanics.

zainetor

Banned
i'm still wondering why Capcom gave this franchise ih the hands of blue caslte.

I mean Dr2 didnt look better than 1, but runs worse and now this.
they should have been able to fix the framerate, there's no excuse with that resolution and that framerate.

You know, this game could be OK if it was locked 30 FPS but it literally cannot even do that and its literally running at 1280x720 FPS, which AMD's new Kaveri could even probably do better.

Its downright ugly but it looks pretty sweet in terms of mayhem. But I don't think I can tolerate near constant sub-30 FPS. That shit feels awful once you've played a locked frame rate or 60 FPS.

Skyr

It's also unfortunate that the game runs at far from the promised locked 30fps - rather a chugging 20fps during the zombie action while out in the big city

What.gif

Wow.. this is so unacceptable.. would cancel preorder.

Dahaka

very sad, it was the most tempting reason to get a Xbox One. For my choice on par as KZ:SF in terms of interest.

You know what? I'm getting both the XBOX One and PS4 and even Wii U, I can easily overlook resolution as long as the game is good.

However one thing this generation that has put me off gaming is frame-rate,I'm sick and tired of 20FPS gaming it makes me sick.

I game on PC so 60/120FPS is very common for me, yet 30 is the minimum I'm willing to accept.

To me it is looking more and more this generation will not change, sub 20FPS games, I say no thanks.

I'm so disappointed, I honestly hope this is just launch issues and developers will focus more on obtaining rock solid 30FPS+.

I don't think I'll be getting Dead Rising 3 anymore, Hopefully Knack/Ryse is rock solid 30 or I'll cry!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Disappointing to see they can't even maintain 30 fps here.

what the hell?

When you park two vehicles together, you can combine them into one. After the animation of doing that it plops in front, but it fades in like that. It's a fast process, though.

I remember when games used to be about fun - not how many pixels or FPS any particular title can push around the screen.

25fps or 30fps - still looks like a lot of fun to me!

Games are still about fun at the end, but at the start of a new generation after 8 long years of good looking games on supposedly much weaker hardware compared to X1 which is $500, expectations are going to go up. Whenever I get an X1, I am definitely looking forward to DR3 though despite it's technical issues.

madmackem

I seriously don't hope they upped the sharpening of the upscaler to make up for the low resolution, that's exactly how you not do it, ugh.

Thats my worry, it will make not so good games look like utter shit if the scaler is adding sharpness to the image.

Ms are really pushing this game as well, its the ad ive seen the most of here in the uk, they shouldve given the devs 6 more months and eaten having one less game at launch like sony did.

too be expected. It's a current gen game at heart.

Can't get too much out of this concerning the XBO's abilities. Need to wait for games that are built from the ground up for the console.

Daffy Duck

Hooooly shit at those direct feed shots.

And people are saying the Xbox One's launch exclusives look more attractive.

I admit it, I was one of those that said the launch games were better and had me more interested in them, but this, this is almost bordering on awful.

I'm now considering cancelling my XB1 pre order.

It's too much.

Paz

Am I alone in thinking the graphics of this game aren't really important and they should have just toned them down if the frame rate wasn't holding? I mean who do you think would buy this game for its visuals?

A good/bad frame rate can be a game changing experience :(

i just pre ordered this today - i found out that there is no time limit so it should be fun. I wasnt expecting much of a graphical powerhouse anyway.

Also, are we trusting digital foundry now or does it suck like when the XB1 gifs looked better than the PS4 gifs for Battlefield or was it COD Ghosts?

Ouch, this might kill some cells(sales).

I don't know why but I feel Microsoft just wanted to release the xbox one to try and compete with ps4 sales. And these are the sad results. Such a shame. Eventually I'll pick one up way later down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom