• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Homicide closes down, drops lawsuit

tumblr_ng8tw2Arps1rfd7lko1_400.gif

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-t5bI.gif

Beautiful.

Menitta

Hmm...it's almost as if they should've spent that money on making compelling software instead of suing literally everyone...hmmm...

Looks like the case dismissal was requested under 'no prejudice', which according to Tech Raptor allows DH to file the lawsuit again in the future without being subjected to Double Jeopardy. However, the dismissal has not been granted yet.

The Jim Sterling case

Sterling case waits for dismissal decision. No other comment on this.

Dunkley

Surprised they were able to make a living from their garbage software. Good on steam to finally do something right

Imagine having bottom of the barrel production values mixed with a market where people buy eachother terrible games just to troll.

Mephala

Is there anything in place to stop them from forming a new business, changing some logos and jumping straight back on steam?

Is there anything in place to stop them from forming a new business, changing some logos and jumping straight back on steam?
They've already done this a few times I believe. I know there was one instance where they got in trouble for using the name of an already existing company.

DrArchon

I expect a 1 hour minimum Jimquisition about all of this once the case is finally dismissed. Most of that can be fart noises, but still. At least an hour.

The sad thing is, you know they'll be back in some form soon enough.

They are so full of themselves, so arrogant, so oblivious... These are the types of people that won't stop no matter how deep they dig their own holes.

oni-link

I expect a 1 hour minimum Jimquisition about all of this once the case is finally dismissed. Most of that can be fart noises, but still. At least an hour.

Jimquisition: The Movie

The sad thing is, you know they'll be back in some form soon enough.

They are so full of themselves, so arrogant, so oblivious... These are the types of people that won't stop no matter how deep they dig their own holes.

If they really want to get revenge, they should spend a few years making a really good game, because then they can at least say they're not hacks, and a good game would maybe actually make them money

But they won't, because they're talentless hacks who just want to make a quick buck

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Time for Digital Homicide Studios, LLC to sue James Romine for tortious interference.

Jackpot

Banned
The fuck is this from the link in the OP:

The whole thing was a strange, bizarre attempt from a developer to use the harassment angle to attack certain members of the gaming audience. It’s worked for some developers, especially those who adopt third-wave feminism as a crutch. Romine didn’t have feminism to fall back on, though.

LQX

No doubt they were getting harassed as that is just the nature of the internet but what fucking idiots they had to be to get Valve on their wrong side.

Chindogg

They're just gonna reopen as another company so I dunno how this is anything beyond a Pyrrhic victory. Suing everyone was idiotic, but until Steam fixes their trading system it's clear that they'll and others will be back to exploit the system.

They probably figured their best shot of hurting Jim financially was to stop making games for him to make videos of since their lawsuit wasn't going to go anywhere.

Tecnniqe

Banned
They're just gonna reopen as another company so I dunno how this is anything beyond a Pyrrhic victory. Suing everyone was idiotic, but until Steam fixes their trading system it's clear that they'll and others will be back to exploit the system.

QS0nT7n.gif

Did they close down the other companies they have as well?

I know this is going to get passed over while GAF high fives at thier demise. However you just know, and "I'm calling it" that they are just going to start another company to get back on Steam. They sell the game games they "brought the rights for" from Digital Homicide, make sure the registered legal owners are not the original DH owners, probably the wife/girlfriend/neighbour and carry on with thier shit.

They are not very smart guys at all and they have a history of manipulating the system so why would this be any different?

Time for Digital Homicide Studios, LLC to sue James Romine for tortious interference.

Except Digital Homicide Studios consists solely of James Romine and his brother. There isn't a "Studio" to speak of here. Just two guys in their basements.

I doubt Jim will touch this, in case they decide it's a good idea to file a suit on behalf of themselves rather than their dead company.

He'll just smile and move on.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Except Digital Homicide Studios consists solely of James Romine and his brother. There isn't a "Studio" to speak of here. Just two guys in their basements.
No, it is a legally distinct entity.

File # L19322421

Top Bottom