• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Direct feed pics from all 3 FFXIII games

Status
Not open for further replies.
weird faces. most of them look pretty unnatural.

guy with headpiece is fine though, but the FFXII maingirl looked better in the previous shots.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Zeliard said:
I like this FFXIII pic:

ratc8j.jpg

My favorite as well. :D

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Memphis Reigns said:
Since I was one of the suckers who thought the original target trailer was real at first, I probably will never be impressed with the games visuals, sadly. I'll still buy it tho..
The graphical quality of the new screens looks much better than the real-time sequences of the first trailer. It's jsut the quality of the famitsu's pics that do no justice to the game's visual.

Grivenger said:
The graphical quality of the new screens looks much better than the real-time sequences of the first trailer. It's jsut the quality of the famitsu's pics that do no justice to the game's visual.

agreed...these look better

Anyway, my most wanted games...just want to see some damn gameplay...Oh yeah, Ill preorder FFVII ACC for the demo...

proposition said:
My God, I hate the main character from vXIII more than I thought possible.

Same here, I hope there will be an option to play in first person, the girl looks pretty nice, but the dude looks embarrassingly gay :/

Haruspex

Banned
I really can't relate to characters when they look like that. Technologically it looks very impressive but the art does nothing for me whatsoever.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
DiddyBop said:
battle system for the psp one looks the same as crisis core. thats not a bad thing though.
Multiple party members and a menu of commands? That's not similar to Crisis Core at all.

RockmanWhore said:
Same here, I hope there will be an option to play in first person, the girl looks pretty nice, but the dude looks embarrassingly gay :/

gaf is always ironic...check your avatar haha

Anyway, people want characters that are fat an ugly? to reflect themselves? Both games look slick to me? I mean I would love an rpg with a character like Guts but this FF... You know what to expect by now...

Kauza

Apologies for my ignorance, but do we have any information on the battle systems yet? Wikipedia says that the Agito battle system is similar to Crisis Core. So...real time? What about the other two?

StuBurns

Banned
Kauza said:
Apologies for my ignorance, but do we have any information on the battle systems yet? Wikipedia says that the Agito battle system is similar to Crisis Core. So...real time? What about the other two?
XIII is back to FFX style, but not with a battle screen. We don't know much about Versus, just that it's an evolution of the KH battle system, it too will have parties, and shooting. It's an action RPG.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
KTallguy said:
And your Grimace avatar suggests that you're eating a McSausage right now?
Well it stands to reason he would like the guy; he looks exactly like a computer animated version of Sasuke Uchiha.

Angry Grimace said:
Well it stands to reason he would like the guy; he looks exactly like a computer animated version of Sasuke Uchiha.

true enough..although there was never anything wrong with Sasuke design...just his endless and destructive angst

KongRudi

Banned
Crayon Shinchan said:
The prince has great hair and a great suit.

But he really needs a manlier face. It's the same face as the girl's except with a slightly angrier looking mouth.

That's not what handsome guys look like.

I'm sure there will be plenty other games with lots of manly men wich will rock your world, before the FF-games. :)
The characther models are fine. :-/

ampere

Threi said:
just press enter with the address already in the browser
This.

I'm very excited for XIII and Versus. Agito is on PSP right? If I hear good things maybe I'll pick up a PSP down the road.

soco

it feels like the characters from versus were ripped from his other games and palette swapped (the girl not even palette swapped)

ampere

joesmokey said:
This is my favorite shot of the bunch. March is too far away :(.
What happens in March? An announcement? Advent Children on blu-ray with the demo?
tellllllll meeeeeeeeee

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
stuburns said:
You don't enter a battle screen/field when you go into a fight, the enemies are in the environment like in FF12.
The battle system uses a new version of ATB, FFX didn't even have ATB.

Zoe

Jade Knight 08 said:
It's forbidden for me on IE 7 for some reason but i copied and pasted and it worked. The OP just need to rehost it again or try to fix the broken links.

You can't "fix" the links. That's how Famitsu's server is set up.

Issun23

SOLDIER said:
Can someone translate the dialog?

Final Fantasy Versus 13

Starring

i445dz.jpg

Noctis Lucis Caelum

jubdp2.jpg

Stella Nox Fleuret

Setting: These shots are from a cutscene 2 minutes into the game. Stella and Noctis have just met during a night at the theatre.

2z87qj4.jpg

Noctis: Stella, we're too good looking, GAF will never believe we're real time.

e0q4xu.jpg

Stella: Noctis? So you think I'm good looking?

198o7p.jpg

Stella: I think I love you.

Something along those lines.

Issun23 said:
Final Fantasy Versus 13

Starring

http://i33.tinypic.com/i445dz.jpg
Noctis Lucis Caelum

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/jubdp2.jpg
Stella Nox Fleuret

Setting: These shots are from a cutscene 2 minutes into the game. Stella and Noctis have just met during a night at the theatre.

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/2z87qj4.jpg

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/e0q4xu.jpg

[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/198o7p.jpg

Something along those lines.[/QUOTE]
:lol I haven't read too many posts here, but anyone who thinks this is the best SE can do when it comes to renders probably hasn't seen an Squaresoft product since Secret of Mana.

This is real time.

-Kh-

Banned
The image's quality don't make justice to the game actually, we have had better screens before.

Anyway, at this moment in time I'm more hyped about Agito for a simple reason:

Graphics mean nothing without gameplay, Agito "does have" some gameplay and it's been lookign awesome since the TGS. I really hope Agito makes it for 2009 (or at least fiscal year) in Japan, current SE schedule for next fiscal year is completely unkown, so this one might be the big title of the year. XIII and Versus can come later.

I just read in the new issue of Dengeki Honma: Uso Ja Nai that the reason all of these characters facial structures are so similar is that there is a Shin-Ra like corporation in the world of Cocoon that is into cloning--Lightning, Snow, Sara/Senon, Noct, Stella et al are all prototypes. Company is called Nomu-Ra.

StuBurns

Banned
Blast Processing said:
I just read in the new issue of Dengeki Honma: Uso Ja Nai that the reason all of these characters facial structures are so similar is that there is a Shin-Ra like corporation in the world of Cocoon that is into cloning--Lightning, Snow, Sara/Senon, Noct, Stella et al are all prototypes. Company is called Nomu-Ra.
You're saying that XIII and VersusXIII are set in the same world?

EDIT: I also found gullible in the dictionary after my friend told me it'd been removed.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Blast Processing said:

Heh. I see what you did there.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Blast Processing said:
:lol

Blackface

Banned
Issun23 said:
Final Fantasy Versus 13

Starring

i445dz.jpg

Noctis Lucis Caelum

jubdp2.jpg

Stella Nox Fleuret

2z87qj4.jpg

e0q4xu.jpg

198o7p.jpg

Something along those lines.

Doubt anyone is going to question if those in-game shots are renders or not. Many games out right now (like Mass Effect) look better in-game then that.

I think the one guy was questioning the portraits, which aren't in-game.

Jonnyram

Blast Processing said:
not even funny :(

-Kh-

Banned
They still need lots of works, 2-3 years should be enough to put them among the best graphic games of the release year, but right now, it is all about Agito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom