• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Direct feed pics from all 3 FFXIII games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
-Kh- said:
They still need lots of works, 2-3 years should be enough to put them among the best graphic games of the release year, but right now, it is all about Agito.

No worries. XIII isn't probably out until Fall 2009 at the earliest in Japan ;)

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Stella looks like an adult version of Namine.

MrDenny

ff1305.jpg

Is that pig tail girl in the background with her robe on? Looks like they're holding a coffin.

mr stroke

Dark Octave said:
Fixt.

:lol And that's if we're lucky.

Holiday 2011 can't be real can it? if a demo comes out in 09 and Japan release is 09/2010 then wouldn't a US release be holiday 2010? and wouldn't a 2011 release be REALLY late, might as well just release it on WiiHD/Xbox 720...

antiloop

Dark Octave said:
Well it is a small pic so who knows, but what about the ground am I spossed to notice?

The perfect AF is what strikes me the most in that small pic.

Also those Versus pics looks as bland as ever IMO. Lots of compression artifacts.

SOLDIER

Still wanting a translation of the dialogue. Lightning looks sort of sad/reserved in that pic. I wonder if her and Sera will have an important relationship, the type where Sera's naivete breaks down Lightning's cold, serious foundations. Sort of like Cloud and Aerith but in a non romantic way.

but of course you'll be imagining that. I know I am.

mr stroke said:
Holiday 2011 can't be real can it? if a demo comes out in 09 and Japan release is 09/2010 then wouldn't a US release be holiday 2010? and wouldn't a 2011 release be REALLY late, might as well just release it on WiiHD/Xbox 720...
I'm just eggagerating...I hope. But wasn't FFXII in demo form for a while before it finally launched?

antiloop said:
The perfect AF is what strikes me the most in that small pic.

Also those Versus pics looks as bland as ever IMO. Lots of compression artifacts.
Yeah, I'm sure everything will look much better in a bigger pic. Just that everything is so square/rectangle in that shot. It doesn't look good to me.

Dyno

ratc8j.jpg

NEON GREAVES?!? Has it really come to this?

Plus, check out her hair. Girl could really use a conditioning rinse.

Hellraizer said:
Looks good I guess, but nothing special...well, not anymore to be precise.

ign, 1up and pretty much everyone has said the versus cutscenes at least are a big step up from pretty much any other real time cutscene...

I agree that these screens wont really do the games justice though...

sphinx

the piano man
the final fantasy series has turned kind of irrelevant for me.

Not because ff13 isn't worthy or anything but because square enix just fucked up this gen with it.

If we consider next gen beginning in 2006 with all 3 console n the market and we realize we western gamers will get the next FF game in 2010 AT THE EARLIEST,

We have 4 years to until we get the game.....4 FUCKING YEARS...

I don't care for a game that takes 5 or 6 years to be done, either they move their asses more quickly with FF14 or hire more people, I don't know but this is ridiculous.

itxaka

Defeatist
Blast Processing said:
I just read in the new issue of Dengeki Honma: Uso Ja Nai that the reason all of these characters facial structures are so similar is that there is a Shin-Ra like corporation in the world of Cocoon that is into cloning--Lightning, Snow, Sara/Senon, Noct, Stella et al are all prototypes. Company is called Nomu-Ra.

2nl7di0.jpg

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

RpgN

Kauza said:
Apologies for my ignorance, but do we have any information on the battle systems yet? Wikipedia says that the Agito battle system is similar to Crisis Core. So...real time? What about the other two?

It's ATB system mixed with FF7CC7. You move freely just like FF7CC on the field. I don't know if you can see monsters before fighting them. Now your action menu is just like FF7CC, it's only displayed on the screen and there is no L and R to change your actions. I've seen square is cure and triangle is blizzard for instance. You can customize your action menu as you see fit, just like FF7CC. Though it looks like you're not giving much space to have many actions for a character, which means you have to make use of all your characters and make them distinctive. Once you get a summon, like Ragnorak, you edit your action menu and apply him with square button.

At least this is what I understand from the pics and famitsu's impressions. There are probably more things we don't know about.

-Kh-

Banned
sphinx said:
the final fantasy series has turned kind of irrelevant for me.

Not because ff13 isn't worthy or anything but because square enix just fucked up this gen with it.

If we consider next gen beginning in 2006 with all 3 console n the market and we realize we western gamers will get the next FF game in 2010 AT THE EARLIEST,

We have 4 years to until we get the game.....4 FUCKING YEARS...

I don't care for a game that takes 5 or 6 years to be done, either they move their asses more quickly with FF14 or hire more people, I don't know but this is ridiculous.

I'll quote myself from the SE thread:

Just talking about Final Fantasy, not counting Mana, Kingdom Hearts, or Enix franchises:

-FFXII Revenant Wings
-FFXII Zodiac System
-Crisis Core FFVII
-FF Tactics A2
-FFCC Rings of Fate
-FFCC My Life as a King
-Like 2 or 3 FF chocobo games.

You have all those new games from the Final Fantasy franchise released after FFXII, since I was talking in that thread only about new games, so including remakes and ports, and not naming any released and future FFXI expansion:

-FFIII
-FFV Advance
-FFVI Advance
-FF PSP
-FF II PSP
-FF Tactics The War of Lions
-FFIV DS

To complete FY2008 we have:

-Dissidia FF
-FFCC Echoes of Time DS/Wii

For 2009 we have no details but we could get FFV DS, another FFCC, more Chocobo stuff and with luck Agito XIII.

That would leave the door open for a 2010 release of FFXIII, so although I understand your point of having the main titles being too far away from each other, there is lots of Final Fantasy games in-between, so SE has been very busy putting games out.

versus 13
2z87qj4.jpg

He gets his power from the land of the dead, at least that's what Tenebrai told me.

e0q4xu.jpg

I guess. How long have you been able to see it?

198o7p.jpg

I'm Stella.

ff13
m913ix.jpg

Let's use this power to protect Cocoon, fighting together to carry out this mission.

ogjehu.jpg

Hmm, yeah. I wonder why that could be?

29zqyqw.jpg

Or maybe they just didn't believe me.

Durante

Hellraizer said:
Huh? Still better in many aspects (like hair or cloth) than any game released so far in any genre, and devastatingly superior to any JRPG.

Zoe

Cheesemeister said:
e0q4xu.jpg

I guess. How long have you been watching?

This should be "How long have you been able to see it?", isn't it?

(talking about seeing that light or whatever it is that they can both see)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why does Snow look and dress exactly like Seifer from FFVIII with a stupid hat?

-Kh- said:
Because Nomura is running out of ideas? :lol

reality check...most artists have very obvious central themes running through their work...Take Toriyama for example hehehe...Also, alot of Inoue designs look very similar also. People just like to hate on nomura...he has been designing character in many different projects lately though

I think the character designs here smoke those in pretty much all other jrpgs revealed though... WKC, SO4, LO, ToV, ES,

dejan

Hellraizer said:
I agree on a technical level, but these FF XIII soldiers look ridiculous and that blond FF XIIIv girl is plain ugly.

-Kh-

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
reality check...

I know, after so many times, any artist will hit a wall and has to reuse and modify older models, there's not turn around that.

But couldn't let the chance pass to say something about Nomura :p

PSGames

This game looks incredible. Is it just me or would the Vs art style seem a better fit for the 360 demographic?

Catalix

dejan said:
I agree on a technical level, but these FF XIII soldiers look ridiculous and that blond FF XIIIv girl is plain ugly.
I was with you till that. I respectfully disagree.
PSGames said:
This game looks incredible. Is it just me or would the Vs art style seem a better fit for the 360 demographic?
Just you?

StuBurns

Banned
PSGames said:
Just you? It reminds me of the party scene in FF8, so I associate it to Sony.

ps2demo32nn.jpg

(I know thats the PS2 version)

-Kh-

Banned
PSGames said:

WTH are you talking about?

I don't see any bald space marine in there

Paracelsus

-Kh- said:
WTH are you talking about?

I don't see any bald space marine in there

He probably means they look more mature (?)

Which still is nonsense. VS characters maybe look cooler (maybe), but definetely younger than the FFXIII ones.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
The backgrounds in FFXIII look absolutely incredible.

So far vXIII looks like "Everything I Hate About What Nomura Has Done to Square: The Game"

Agito, like Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep or whateverthefuck, look like slightly repackaged versions of the visuals from Crisis Core.

-Kh-

Banned
Kodiak said:
Agito, like Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep or whateverthefuck, look like slightly repackaged versions of the visuals from Crisis Core.

You cannot ask too much of the PSP you know? There is a limit, and that limit is far from being the PS2's Shadow of the Colossus or FFXII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom