• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DIRT 5 | PlayStation 5 Special Look | Gameplay and Next-Gen Details

SilentUser

Urgh, can't wait to play this. Reminds me a lot of MotorStorm Pacific Rift, which I have a very fond memory of (it was my first PS3 title). I'm kinda out of the loop here, but does anyone knows if there is a free PS5 PS4 to PS5 upgrade?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm not sure. I've checked other videos today on the same browser on my laptop. Other videos are giving me up to 4K option, but for some reason this specific video is capped at 720p

ps5-dirt5.jpg

Looks like upscaled/reconstructed from 1080p@120Hz to me though. The crowd are back but they look like PS2. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Urgh, can't wait to play this. Reminds me a lot of MotorStorm Pacific Rift, which I have a very fond memory of (it was my first PS3 title). I'm kinda out of the loop here, but does anyone knows if there is a free PS5 PS4 to PS5 upgrade?
It's on Smart Delivery, so it should be same for PS5. If you want something more Motorstorm-y you should go for onRush, which is game by same people. It's really good.

SilentUser

It's on Smart Delivery, so it should be same for PS5. If you want something more Motorstorm-y you should go for onRush, which is game by same people. It's really good.
Nice, thank you for the indication! Will look for it asap, to be honest only heard the name.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

OnRush did nothing for me in terms of scratching my MS itch. Mainly because it's not really a racing game, but more of a team-based action game where you happen to be driving cars. It's a game that feels nice to play but that completely lacks anything to keep my interest.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
OnRush did nothing for me in terms of scratching my MS itch. Mainly because it's not really a racing game. It's a game that feels nice to play but that completely lacks anything to keep my interest.
I don't know I enjoeyd a lot of the racing, the handling of cars, the variety of events and that kind of thing, there is absolutely races with positions in the game, tho.

Tripolygon

Banned
I think I already shared this link with you before but what you say is not true. Dolby Atmos is not limited to 32 sources: https://developer.dolby.com/blog/spatial-audio-and-the-ps5/
Dolby Atmos is not limited to 32, Dolby Atmos Gaming is.

On Windows and Xbox, the number of available voices varies based on the format in use. Dolby Atmos formats support 32 total active objects (so if a 7.1.4 channel bed is in use, 20 additional dynamic sound objects can be active). Windows Sonic for Headphones supports 128 total active objects, with the Low Frequency Effects (LFE) channel not actually being counted as an object -- so when an 8.1.4.4 channel bed is in use, 112 dynamic sound objects can be active.

kUJnp7m.jpg

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
What Xbox games have screen tearing?.
Anyway this was posted a while ago, and ignored of course. A newer version of the XSX version with zero screen tearing from a newer build -

Thanks for sharing, yes this one has no tearing. That Renault exhaust snapping sounds are wonderful!

Great Hair

Banned
Dirt 5 Trailers all systems
PlayStation 5

XSX

XSS

PS5 | The only issue i found was texture filtering? was low, no tearing, everything onpar if not better (trees, backgrounds? than XSX, XSS .. though hard to compare due the different settings, locations, tracks across the trailers)

XSX | had some minor LOD issues, but mud everywhere, super low resolution backgrounds? (no tearing though this time)

XSS | looked worse (texture, trees) than the other two, has some weird bugs where when you drive too close to a wall ... the cars gets imprinted onto it. The car vanishes for 1 frame when changing camera (external to internal) :p

Kagero

Interesting. Looks like third party will be utilizing PS5's unique controller features. If the controller is as good as what the internet is saying, then I can see people choosing the PS5 as their third party machine. I'm especially excited about the prospect of how it can change how third-person shooters like COD will feel. I can see how every gun could have it's own resistance settings for trigger pulls.

Interesting. Looks like third party will be utilizing PS5's unique controller features. If the controller is as good as what the internet is saying, then I can see people choosing the PS5 as their third party machine. I'm especially excited about the prospect of how it can change how third-person shooters like COD will feel. I can see how every gun could have it's own resistance settings for trigger pulls.
Interesting but unlikely without compromising the longevity of the motors.

Ask and ye shall receive

2:17-2:19
Crowd pop in

0:44
Texture lod texture pop in castle

0:48
Rock texture in background lod pop in

2:43 rocks on ground appearing in front of car.

2:01 rock in background lod loads in.
The PS5 SSD was never going to stop pop in.
The GPU and RAM speed will play a far higher part in the reduction of LOD and Pop In.
The extra speed of the PS5 is only going to show itself in load times, which is a positive.
It's not going to do anything else game wise.
When Ratchet came out people were claiming the rift scenes were only possible with the PS5 SSD and that the XSX couldn't do it, then epic came along and added rift to fortnite and were doing the exact same thing on PS4 and Xbox One HDDs.
There will still be some level of pop in and LOD on both consoles.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I don't think anyone that actually plays online multiplayer would want that lol. It would get turned off instantly by anyone that takes online play seriously.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
So we can put this officially to rest, the game just doesn't push hardware on all platforms?

Shmunter

The PS5 SSD was never going to stop pop in.
The GPU and RAM speed will play a far higher part in the reduction of LOD and Pop In.
The extra speed of the PS5 is only going to show itself in load times, which is a positive.
It's not going to do anything else game wise.
When Ratchet came out people were claiming the rift scenes were only possible with the PS5 SSD and that the XSX couldn't do it, then epic came along and added rift to fortnite and were doing the exact same thing on PS4 and Xbox One HDDs.
There will still be some level of pop in and LOD on both consoles.
If the pop in is caused by streaming assets chocking it will help. If pop in is due to GPU rendering load, it won’t.

reinking

Gold Member
I have not heard a negative thing said about this controller and it is getting a lot of praise. It is starting to feel like these features are the real deal. If so, I hope all developers take advantage. I can't wait to get my hands on it to experience myself. As a multi-console gamer, if this is done right, I can see it being a deciding factor for me on which version of a game to buy.

Top Bottom