• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 Free Trial coming on April 6! (PC,PS4,X1)

dex3108

We’re pleased to announce that we’re releasing a free trial for Dishonored 2 on April 6! Available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, the free trial will allow players to dive into the first three missions of the campaign as either Empress Emily Kaldwin or the Royal Protector, Corvo Attano.

The free trial can be downloaded from Dishonored 2’s store page on the PSN Store, Xbox Marketplace and Steam. What’s more, players that decide to upgrade to the full game during or after the free trial will keep all of the saves made during the trial, and can continue enjoying Dishonored 2’s campaign from where they left off.

Take on the role of a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2, the follow up to Arkane Studio's first-person action blockbuster that earned more than 100 'Game of the Year' honors. Dishonored 2 has been praised by IGN as “amazing” and “a superb sequel”, declared a “masterpiece” by Eurogamer, and hailed “a must-play revenge tale among the best in its class” by Game Informer. Named ‘Game of the Year’ by PC Gamer, ‘PlayStation 4 Game of the Year’ by IGN, and winner of ‘Best Action-Adventure Game’ at The Game Awards 2016, Dishonored 2 has garnered over 100 ‘Best of 2016 Awards.’

When the mad witch Delilah seizes the throne, the fate of your Empire is left hanging in the balance. As Emily or Corvo, travel beyond the legendary streets of Dunwall to Karnaca, the once-dazzling coastal city that holds the keys to restoring Emily to power. Armed with powerful supernatural abilities, weapons and gadgets, how far will you go to hunt down your enemies and take back what’s yours?

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5w7Esw8j5KmWq8o0oie6ck/dishonored-2-free-trial

KorrZ

Did they ever end up fixing the PC performance issues with this game? That was what turned me off buying it initially.

This free trial is a good way to test it out I guess.

jett

D-Member
I will certainly give it a try. I passed on this game due to the reports of performance issues on PC, so I guess I'll see if things have improved.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I loved dishonored 2!

I guess it didn't sell well if they are doing a free trial like this

Vuze

Nice. I haven't bought it yet due to poor performance, so this way I can atleast see for myself and experience some parts of the game.
I'm sure it's great but no need to spend full price-ish for a poorly performing title in this day and age.

Majora

Three full missions seems incredibly generous if they're around the same size as the missions in the first game. Guess they really want to make up for the initial sales disappointment.

dex3108

Give it a shot folks, it's great.

This.

32730270260_315ca0c240_o.png
32813277522_e4169de9ce_o.png
32656427330_543b7a7449_o.png
33270576745_a513b4ef25_o.png
33115829901_cb7fd1a14d_o.png
33515926715_e6d9af31a1_o.png
33506615682_e314a89720_o.png
32860256520_2aac67b5f5_o.png
32981512303_59b5a30b92_o.png
33358289086_a1e1f9a0ea_o.png
33131995320_260aabf0b6_o.png
32850862081_9f0a3270d8_o.png
32956241462_b86dd37a1f_o.png
33489410152_5c9c4f7476_o.png

I mean, I was going to get it eventually, but it's P5 well/month. But okay, I'll try it and see if I can talk myself or of it.

Timeaisis

Best game of last year. Don't sleep on this. First 3 missions are really huge.

Three full missions seems incredibly generous if they're around the same size as the missions in the first game. Guess they really want to make up for the initial sales disappointment.

First mission is smaller since it's the "intro mission", but 2 and 3 are bigger than most missions in D1.

Did they ever end up fixing the PC performance issues with this game? That was what turned me off buying it initially.

This free trial is a good way to test it out I guess.

It still runs like absolute shit for me (PC). So while I loved the gameplay I am stuck in the sixth level because of technical issues.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's good to know. Somehow it felt out of my radar although I was interested. I'll give it a try on PC.

ironcreed

Banned
I have nearly bought it on several occasions, but something always held me back. It's strange, as I love the first game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again given the opportunity

Dishonored 2 was the GOTY 2016

PLAY THIS THING IT'S BLOODY BRILLIANT

dtcm83

Like others, I held off on this one due to the reported performance issues on the PC even though I really want to play it. I hate the idea of paying full price for a game on (or shortly after) release that has major technical issues, especially when the first game played flawlessly on my PC.

I will likely give this trial a go anyways, even with potential performance issues, since it is free and I am such a fan of the original.

I just get sad when I think of this game and how it seems like they're not going to improve the performance on PC to (what I consider) an acceptable standard. Damn shame because from what little I've played it does appear to be a very good game.

A great opportunity to try the game for those who have yet to pick it up.

It's an amazing game in terms of design, so don't sleep on this, people!

Nice, but then how many missions are there in the full game?

I remember spending hours in every mission in the first one, and I didn't even finish it.

epmode

I will certainly give it a try. I passed on this game due to the reports of performance issues on PC, so I guess I'll see if things have improved.

I hope there's a new patch with this promotion since the game still ran terribly for me two weeks ago.

dex3108

My PC:

i72600K overclocked to 4.3GHz
16GB of DDR3 RAM at 1600MHz
GTX1060 6GB
Old Samsung SSD (really old pre Evo era).

Settings i played on

Game never dropped below 60 FPS except in one mission where level design is an issue not performance optimization. I don't know is it me or my hardware but i never noticed any micro stutter.

Toa Axis

Play this, folks. One of the best games of 2016, and an absolute masterclass in world building, level, and system design. Wonderful, wonderful game.

Sotha_Sil

Hot damn. I only just finished the original a few weeks ago. Simply, a fantastic game. Was going to clear some backlog for D2, but now this jumps to the top of the list.

tootie923

I remember spending hours in every mission in the first one, and I didn't even finish it.

There are around nine, I think. My full gameplay tally was 30 hours. I tend to take my time looking around for hidden areas and items. I loved this game and it ran pretty well on the PS4 Pro.

Pooya

3 missions is very generous. Still have to finish this game some day, waiting for patch 6 months in...

TheRed

This game is glorious in level design. Though that story intro is abysmal, hopefully that doesn't turn a bunch of people off that try it.

Gator86

It's a good game that I immediately forgot about completely the second I was done with it. Something about it feels impossibly janky, but I can never explain exactly what it is. We can never have too many immersive sims though.

Timeaisis

There are
__9__
. And yes, they are just as big, if not bigger than D1. The middle stretch of missions in Dishonored 2 are incredible. They only get better as you progress.

Top Bottom