• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 Free Trial coming on April 6! (PC,PS4,X1)

Tainted

1080p? 1440p is not so easy.

Yes, sorry....this was at 1080p. I knew I forgot one certain detail there when listing my specs.

You have it on Very high without changing anything? I have the same spec except for a 4790k for a CPU and I'm definitely getting some drops and I'm at the first level

The only things I changed were enabling V-sync and changing the FOV to 85, everything else on defaults for V.High. Pretty much rock solid throughout except for a couple of dips here and there (notably during the opening palace scene following the tutorial)

Patrick S.

Banned
I love how today these are called "FREE TRIAL" and somehow we have to be really really grateful for them. These used to be called DEMOS and they were EXPECTED, because people wanted to check out games before parting with their cash. And that was in a market with much less competition. People somehow got used to not being able to check out games before they buy them, and instead now they preorder digital shit months before release. Fucked up.

pevXVsIp.jpg

I was a big fan of the first one and somehow have been sleeping on the sequel, so I downloaded it last night.

I'm really not too sure what my problem is this time around as it seems like more of the same, but I just can't get excited about it. The level design seems really good and intricate and all but for some reason I really dislike the movement and general 'stiff' feel of it all this time around. I doubt it's TOO different and/or worse than part 1 since I haven't played that one in some years?

My main problem so far gameplay-wise is the enemy behavior and it feeling slightly arbitrary when/how/if they can spot you. Especially in level 1, this has been pretty fucking frustrating. Maybe I'm just rusty and need to git gud but it seems like I get spotted in some rather strange way every 10 seconds and end up in a janky first-person melee match that I already hated in the first game (I basically never used my sword). Again, I imagine it's not too different tot he original so I don't know why I had no problem with all that back then but seem to now.

I've already experienced two crashes, some pretty rough frame rate issues and shitty texture load-ins quite frequently which isn't helping my overall 'ehhhhhh what's going on here?' impression.

I really want to like the game and actually buy it eventually, just kind of confused right now I guess. Maybe need to give it another shot later on.

PS: Corvo, please, shut the hell up with that Max Payne talking to myself shit. The delivery makes 80s Action movies sound natural.

Ushay

Brilliant game, I got it half price from XB1, on the second level so far.

Fantastic open level design. And lore is rich and detailed.

heringer

I love how today these are called "FREE TRIAL" and somehow we have to be really really grateful for them. These used to be called DEMOS and they were EXPECTED, because people wanted to check out games before parting with their cash. And that was in a market with much less competition. People somehow got used to not being able to check out games before they buy them, and instead now they preorder digital shit months before release. Fucked up.

pevXVsIp.jpg

To be fair, there's easily 2~3 hours of content available here, which is way more than most demos would have.

To be fair, there's easily 2~3 hours of content available here, which is way more than most demos would have.
This isn't your typical demo, though. You can earn achievements by playing it. Other games have done the same thing, including Sunset Overdrive and Destiny.

On XBO it's not even listed under Demos.

Gurish

Guys which is the more recommended character to play? I will only play the game once, so think of it as the ideal playthrough, thanks.

Guys which is the more recommended character to play? I will only play the game once, so think of it as the ideal playthrough, thanks.
The story really feels geared more towards Emily, unless you want to kill everyone then go with Max Payne... I mean Corvo.

Gurish

The story really feels geared more towards Emily, unless you want to kill everyone then go with Max Payne... I mean Corvo.

Honestly I felt that in the first game the non lethal approach sucked, most of the time I had to watch the chocking animation wherever the lethal play style felt so much more satisfying, if Emily represents the non lethal style than I rather play as Corvo.

On the other hand story is important to me and if it was designed around Emily than it's a tough decision man :/

tootie923

I played as Emily and put all the
traitors to death
- it was ideal to me for the story. She can't catch a break.

bede-x

I thought you could keep playing if you bought it, but on Steam the demo instantly disappears from the library once you bought it and won't let you launch the game until you've downloaded an additional 33.5GB. Bummer.

M.D

Yes, sorry....this was at 1080p. I knew I forgot one certain detail there when listing my specs.

The only things I changed were enabling V-sync and changing the FOV to 85, everything else on defaults for V.High. Pretty much rock solid throughout except for a couple of dips here and there (notably during the opening palace scene following the tutorial)

I actually had V-sync turned on by default and was getting dips to 48 FPS at some points, but I have a 144 hz monitor and the refresh rate was set to the one the monitor is using

I turned V-sync off and limited it to 60 fps and now it's pretty much locked to 60 except some really minor dips for a a second or two (I'm on the third mission now)

iddqd

This marketing worked on me, played the demo and had a good time and bought the full game.
Hope more developers do this.

Also: Turning off the mission objective markers makes this game a crazy amount better.

Lord Phol

Got pretty bad framepacing/stuttering in the demo no matter what settings I turned on or off. Framerate held up good though, but I can't play it like this.

980 Ti
i5 3570 @ 3,4 Ghz
SATA HDD

Option-

Wtf is going on with the input lag on console haha, it´s worse than fallout 4 (setting the auto aim mode to friction and 0 helps but this is still ridiculous).

Top Bottom