• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 Free Trial coming on April 6! (PC,PS4,X1)

Asd202

Will maybe give it a shot when I'll take a break from Persona 5 to see if I'll buy it later on a sale or something

obeast

It's a good game that I immediately forgot about completely the second I was done with it. Something about it feels impossibly janky, but I can never explain exactly what it is. We can never have too many immersive sims though.

It must be the plot and dialogue, right? I played as Corvo, and his growly musings on various things always felt like a parody of video game dialogue to me. I would be surprised if Emily's line was much better. The basic plot is at best adequate, too.

But man, the levels and art design are great. Any fans of sanbox stealth games a la Deus Ex, Thief, etc. should play this game unless their computer simply can't run it properly. It ran flawlessly on my PC, for whatever it's worth.

soultron

Banned
After Doom and now this, I suspect this is a thing for Bethesda going forward.

Expect lots of games to do this now. There's no better way to convert someone to a sale than letting them try the game and then ask them to pay to continue onto the rest of the game.

D2 was great, from what I played, so I'd highly recommend that people check this out. Sounds like there's a lot of content (3 missions as either character?!) in the demo.

jett

D-Member
I hope there's a new patch with this promotion since the game still ran terribly for me two weeks ago.

Welp.

To waste 50GB of bandwidth or not to waste 50GB of bandwidth.

Folks with AMD hardware should think twice before even bothering. It runs terrible on AMD cards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXNg60qRFoI&feature=youtu.be&t=1m48s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_HZJt2VXec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ubpVrNRAg

1050Ti have almost identical perormance to 480X.

Oh I see.

6360224229700481621867527975_Its-Not-Going-to-Happen-Mean-Girls.gif

I guess this is why Prey is using CryEngine. This bastard child they regurgitated from idTech is pure fucking trash fire.

Folks with AMD hardware should think twice before even bothering. It runs terrible on AMD cards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXNg60qRFoI&feature=youtu.be&t=1m48s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_HZJt2VXec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ubpVrNRAg

1050Ti have almost identical perormance to 480X.
It's a free trial.

What's the point of trying to repel people from trying it?

Welp.

To waste 50GB of bandwidth or not to waste 50GB of bandwidth.

Ah right, I forgot that's a thing in some countries.

Xeteh

If people have any interest in the game they should try it out. Dishonored doesn't get the love it deserves, the games are super fun.

Dishonored 2 is an outstanding game. And 3 missions is great - I think I spent around 12 hours (total) on the first 3 missions.

Gator86

It must be the plot and dialogue, right? I played as Corvo, and his growly musings on various things always felt like a parody of video game dialogue to me. I would be surprised if Emily's line was much better. The basic plot is at best adequate, too.

But man, the levels and art design are great. Any fans of sanbox stealth games a la Deus Ex, Thief, etc. should play this game unless their computer simply can't run it properly. It ran flawlessly on my PC, for whatever it's worth.

The universe is really cool in premise, but through two games I haven't been able to muster a single shit about the world or characters. That's a huge departure from the Bioshock/Deus Ex games where I'm absolutely in love with those worlds.

The levels are tremendously impressive though. It must have been absolute hell designing some of them.

Kinyou

Watchdogs 2
The Division
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
Titanfall 2
Mafia 3

And now Dishonored 2

Looks like Demos are back. In Trial form.

There are around nine, I think.

There are
__9__
. And yes, they are just as big, if not bigger than D1. The middle stretch of missions in Dishonored 2 are incredible. They only get better as you progress.

Wow, so a third of the game for free? That's amazing. I loved what I could play of the first one (my PS3 died before I could finish, I only got to play up to the brothel), I'm sure after trying this I'll end up buying this one too.
Now if I could only find the physical edition with the Definitive Edition included.

wig

This game is amazing. It totally took me by surprise. The combat is so fun and diverse. If you like stealth games (game can be played any way you like but I love being stealthy) you'll adore this game.

It feels like I'm controlling a tank. PS4 here.
D1 was so fkn good that I played the chit out of it, but this 1 I just cant.
I tried the control sensitivity and the "fraction" and other options to try and make it "feel" the way D1 played - but couldn't
The controls feel so wrong, could it also be the shitty performance?

I really want to get into it and beat it, don't want to waste $60, but how can I when I get sick of the controls 5 minutes into playing it.
Also the story is so generic as well, D1 was actually interesting and I wanted to keep playing. Had high hopes for it

Gave it a try again a few days ago on PC. Frame pacing is still all over the place, which pretty much renders it unplayable to me. I've tried all combinations of settings (in addition to external tools) I could come up with, but couldn't fix it unfortunately.

The free trial is a neat idea, though. I am sure there's a great game there underneath it all. =)

The first mission is so-so, but from level 2 onward it is simply a stellar game. Honestly I think the level design just keeps getting better and better as you go on, up until the end which is merely very good.

epmode

Amazing/sad how much dialogue about this game is about PC performance.

I want to love the game! It seems like a brilliant sequel but I can't remember the last time I've played a AAA PC port with such uneven performance. Even with G-Sync, it stutters and jitters constantly. Feels terrible.

When will the Trial will be available to download?
Also the Steam announcement page says the trail will offer the first 3 missions while Polygon says the first 2.

Izcarielo

Banned
I love this saga, but i find extremely dissapointing the fact that they didnt announce a DLC for this game.
I mean, nowadays most games have shit DLC announced even before coming out, but DH2 didnt even hint at it...i hope something is gonna be announced this E3

I love this saga, but i find extremely dissapointing the fact that they didnt announce a DLC for this game.
I mean, nowadays most games have shit DLC announced even before coming out, but DH2 didnt even hint at it...i hope something is gonna be announced this E3

It's a Bethesda game. Rest assured there will be dlc for it.

roytheone

Great game but the performance issues on pc definitely negatively impacted my enjoyment. A free trail is a great way to see if your pc has the same issues though!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I posted this in the LTTP thread and really, giving the first three missions is a huge chunk of gameplay. Youll easily get 3-5 hours of gameplay out of the demo. First mission is kinda brief as its escaping from Dunwall but you can easily spend hours just exploring Karnaca and Addermire Institute.

The level design is simply incredible and the game has a lot of lore and story to tell with every room, every item placement, and every building. Theres a lot to see, read and discover.

I have this on pc but I've held off on playing it cause I never finished the original or the DLC. Need to play those first

I'm also sad that this type of game bombed. From what I hear the level design is great which is rare nowadays with all the open world games where intricate and thoughtful design is replaced with size.

Satch

Banned
play it guys

its fun and its absolutely my favorite art direction in a game period. you know sometimes you see concept art of a game and then the final product and it doesnt look even the slightest bit the same but dishonored 2 nails it. u can practically smell the fish in the air lol

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
play it guys

its fun and its absolutely my favorite art direction in a game period. you know sometimes you see concept art of a game and then the final product and it doesnt look even the slightest bit the same but dishonored 2 nails it. u can practically smell the fish in the air lol

The atmosphere in this game is incredible. The moment you step onto the shore of Karnaca you can practically smell the saltwater in the air, the stench of whale oil, the rotting alleyways full of bloodflies. The art style is sublime. I seriously cant praise it enough.

For those of you having problems with the controls, try upgrading your traversal abilities to run faster and jump higher, makes it feel much better.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really want to play this game (and even bought it at launch) but those PC issues are terrible. Game runs like garbage on my 1070. Maybe some day.

This level of content reminds of the shareware days.

Also this game is excellent, and here in Australia can be had for $20 which is truly outrageous. It must be so painful to have made a great game and see it just not sell.

Then again, I picked up Doom for under $20 last year on console are well so maybe Bethesda are just super aggressive with their price drops?

DukeBobby

Very generous, although I would argue that the first three missions are the weakest in the game. The game really picks up when you hit the
Clockwork Mansion

That area in particular is an exemplary piece of level design.

Top Bottom