• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Buys Marvel - Your Crazy Game Ideas?

Kuraudo

Banned
jobber said:
All game deals done before the buyout will remain in tact. You better pray Capcom finalized a MVC sequel deal before today!

Why? I doubt Disney will be keeping all these franchises in-house just because they own them now. WB own DC but that didn't stop Batman: Arkham Asylum just coming out from Eidos.

Kuraudo said:
Why? I doubt Disney will be keeping all these franchises in-house just because they own them now. WB own DC but that didn't stop Batman: Arkham Asylum just coming out from Eidos.
Yes, but Disney has been pulling their franchises back in-house since setting up Disney Interactive.

Kyzer

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Yes, but Disney has been pulling their franchises back in-house since setting up Disney Interactive.

Yup, there was concern about KH for a while, since Disney owns the franchise.

Koomaster

There needs to be a comic crossover with the High School Musical gang becoming mutants and being trained at the Mutant Academy in X-men.

2z55gkk.png

Maximus.

wtf did not see this coming...holy shit...all i wanna say is that i believe in Disney and I can see some awesome theme park ideas. Also Marvel Hearts? ahah oh my goodness....

Kyzer

Banned
Fraull said:
wtf did not see this coming...holy shit...all i wanna say is that i believe in Disney and I can see some awesome theme park ideas. Also Marvel Hearts? ahah oh my goodness....
wtf i didn't think about that. universal studios has marvel themed rides and such

Woah! holy crap, this is awesome news :D

This will make game licensing for Virtual Console and other retro services much easier :D

Oh and the obvious idea of course, Capcom VS Disney & Marvel :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LiK said:
Marvel VS Disney? (Incredibles vs Fantastic Four :eek:! )

Damn it, I was going to post that!

I'll one up you, then!

Disney vs Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of CGI Heros!

TreIII

ReXXXSoprano said:
OH YEAH, IS DISNEE BAYBEE!!!!!

X-Men vs Power Rangers...Make that shit happen!!!!!

:lol :lol

Seriously, though, since Capcom has had previous history with both companies, and both companies stand to be under the same roof...

Not to mention the Marvel + Tatsunoko anime deal happening in about another year or so...

Marvel vs. Tatsunoko vs. Disney vs. Capcom.

I could finally have my dream team of:

Phantom Blot
Tekkaman Evil
Rockman Zero
and Scrooge McDuck (with the POGO CANE!) as an assist.

*shitjustgotreal.gif*

:lol

"Avengers, we have a new member joining us."
"Meega nala queesta!"

This could be very epic, especially if the Marvel comic writers are free to use some Disney characters. Maybe even help the Gargoyles comic get back up and running.

Kuraudo said:

Side note: Warner had owned 20% of Eidos before SE scooped them up and they had a few deals with them with regards to publishing WB properties.

MoxManiac

All I want Disney to do is not stand in the way of a potential Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Capcom and Disney have(had) a really good relationship in the past. See: all those Capcom/Disney NES/SNES games.

I definitely would mind seeing Marvel characters in KHIII. Marvel, Disney, and Final Fantasy? Hell yeah! For a game about Light and Darkness I can only think of Cloak and Dagger being such a great fit.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Army of Two with Howard the Duck and Donald Duck

Does this mean no more Marvel licensing as everything Disney and Marvel related will be published and handled mostly in-house? Maybe Propaganda can work on a proper S.H.I.E.L.D. game starring Sam Jackson...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Maybe we'll be lucky and this won't be allowed under antitrust laws.

(I don't want Marvel in my Disneyland...)

Marvel Super Heroines Disney Princess Puzzle Battle
Spider-Man and Mickey Mouse Magical Quest
Super Goofy and Doctor Doom Mystery Castle
Hulk's Adventures in the Magical Kingdom
Tinkerbell and Wasp in Honey I Shrunk The Kids

All kinds of crossover possibilities. :lol

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
MightyHedgehog said:
Does this mean no more Marvel licensing as everything Disney and Marvel related will be published and handled mostly in-house? Maybe Propaganda can work on a proper S.H.I.E.L.D. game starring Sam Jackson...
No.

* Activision Blizzard Inc. controls the rights to publish video games based on Spider-Man and the X-Men characters through 2017.

* Sega has a multi-year deal to make video games based on all of Marvel's movies currently being produced internally, including Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

* Start-up publisher Gazillion Entertainment has a 10-year deal ending in 2019 to produce massively multi-player online games, similar to World of Warcraft, based on Marvel characters.

jrricky

Banned
Wow! I thought this was some crazy "what if" shit when I saw this thread title a few days ago. Until I stumbled upon the news on facebook from a friend a while ago...wow, this is huge...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Rlan said:
It might also mean more games for THQ (who do the majority of Disney licensed games, are are doing Marvel Superhero Squad) or more for Activision.
Well, THQ only has the rights to one more Pixar movie. Otherwise, Disney is handling those games themselves.

FoneBone

Also, THQ's only Disney stuff has been Pixar games, for the past few years. Disney's been gradually moving everything else in-house.

Captain N

FoneBone said:
Also, THQ's only Disney stuff has been Pixar games, for the past few years. Disney's been gradually moving everything else in-house.

Toy Story 3 is in house. THQ got Dreamworks now that Disney is going in house

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Makes me Think that MvC2 happened as a final act before the sale to Disney.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
OhFARK!!!!! Nicktoons recent Marvel awesomeness is probably doomed. Damn it. I really liked watching Armored Adventures/Wolverine+Xmen/Fantastic4 with my son. :(

Chrange

Banned
wv7uom.jpg

As long as it doesn't end up like that, I don't care who owns what. I'd love to see a Pixar Hulk or Batman film though.

Green Lantern would be another that they could really do huge things with.

And the Batman/GL references were to see if any comic nerds went ballistic :lol

billy.sea

Banned
Kyzer said:
wtf i didn't think about that. universal studios has marvel themed rides and such

So Universal Studio needs to demolish all of those Marvel themed rides now? Maybe they should transport them to Disneyland.

LiK

billy.sea said:
So Universal Studio needs to demolish all of those Marvel themed rides now? Maybe they should transport them to Disneyland.

ouch for Universal if that happens...

Top Bottom