• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney is making a movie starring the offspring of some of their iconic villains!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every live-action show is bad and every animated show is great. Even the ones that haven't come out yet, I know this because reasons.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I would consider Enchanted when thinking about live action instead of Once Upon A Time. They did it really well and it was pretty successful in the BO.

I'm more worried about the teenager school focus and the High School Musical director.

massoluk

Banned
Darth_Vader.jpg

Here I thought they're making a Darth Vader's son movie.

First cast photo:

blEp3kF.jpg

In the musical adventure comedy (due on your TV in 2015), the kingdom’s worst baddies have been exiled to the Isle of the Lost, a remote prison cut off from the world. After 20 years, Ben—the son of Belle and the Beast, and heir apparent to the throne—makes his first proclamation to free the children of the villains and offer them redemption. Thus, we meet our main quartet— Mal (Dove Cameron), Jay (Booboo Stewart), Evie (Sofia Carson) and Carlos (Cameron Boyce)—as they attend a prep school where they encounter other offspring of Disney heroes (including Mulan’s daughter Lonnie, Cinderella’s son Chad, and Dopey’s son Doug).

Will the teens carry out their parents’ evil wishes, or will they forge their own identities? Whether or not they do, at least we know that they’ll look ever so similar to their famous parents. Check out a first look at Descendants, which also stars Kristin Chenoweth as Maleficent, Kathy Najimy as the Evil Queen, Maz Jobrani as Jafar, and Wendy Raquel Robinson as Cruella de Vil.

This raises so many questions: While putting magic-wielding fairytale Disney villains in the same universe makes at least some sense, what on earth is Cruella de Vil doing here? Why is this set in the present day? Will Cruella Jr. (sorry, "Carlos") be another Disney Channel teen character who's unsubtly coded as gay, yet gets an unconvincing female love interest by the end?

Also, "Cinderella's son Chad." #disneyreverence

How can Maleficent and the Evil Queen from Snow White have teenage kids when they were killed in the movies?

This is gonna be utter crap.

Edit: Holy shit that cast photo, I thought it was a joke post as I was scrolling through the page lol.

How can Maleficent and the Evil Queen from Snow White have teenage kids when they were killed in the movies?

This is gonna be utter crap.

Edit: Holy shit that cast photo, I thought it was a joke post as I was scrolling through the page lol.
Well Meleficent is
alive at least in Angelina's movie
and the Evil Queen seems based on the Once Upon a Time Tv show

This looks terrible.
My god that cast photo. Jeez. Thus looks even worse than some of the movies they've done in the past couple of years.
At least there will be some good eye candy in here - BooBoo

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
First cast photo:

blEp3kF.jpg

This raises so many questions: While putting magic-wielding fairytale Disney villains in the same universe makes at least some sense, what on earth is Cruella de Vil doing here? Why is this set in the present day? Will Cruella Jr. (sorry, "Carlos") be another Disney Channel teen character who's unsubtly coded as gay, yet gets an unconvincing female love interest by the end?

So that girl in purple... in a scale of 13 to 17, how unconfortably ashamed of myself should I be?

Why live action???

Because it's easier and cheaper and Disney's existing in-house Animation studios already have a full slate of projects to work on.

First cast photo:

blEp3kF.jpg

Really? CHAD? Out of all the names they could have picked...CHAD?

And what's up with that horrible cast photo? Is this a low-budget Direct-to-DVD movie for tweens or something?

Really? CHAD? Out of all the names they could have picked...CHAD?

And what's up with that horrible cast photo? Is this a low-budget Direct-to-DVD movie for tweens or something?
It's a Disney Channel Original Movie and those are done for $10 Million or less so yep. Pretty much.
Just look at the other movies this channel has put out and you'll see what I mean.

Penguin

How... does this work

Aren't the villains and heroes from various different time periods... and when.. oh nevermind!

Ri'Orius

It's a Disney Channel Original Movie and those are done for $10 Million or less so yep. Pretty much.
Just look at the other movies this channel has put out and you'll see what I mean.

Yup. A lot of people are scrutinizing this way harder than they should. This isn't trying to be the next Aladdin or Maleficent, it's the next one of these.

Teen_Beach_Movie_poster.jpg

Girl_vs._Monster_Official_Movie_Poster.jpg

Let_It_Shine_Disney.png

Sure, the Phinneas & Ferb movie was awesome, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of these films are low-budget fun, but they're all cheesy costumes and C-list child actors.

Yup. A lot of people are scrutinizing this way harder than they should. This isn't trying to be the next Aladdin or Maleficent, it's the next one of these.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Teen_Beach_Movie_poster.jpg[img]
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Girl_vs._Monster_Official_Movie_Poster.jpg[img]
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/Let_It_Shine_Disney.png[img]

Sure, the Phinneas & Ferb movie was awesome, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of these films are low-budget fun, but they're all cheesy costumes and C-list child actors.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget high school Musical which were big hits and ended up going to theaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom