• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney is making a movie starring the offspring of some of their iconic villains!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God
Descendants.jpg

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Disney villains aren't committed to being villains because they have enough time to date and raise a kid

TEJ

This would be a fantastic idea for a traditional hand drawn animated movie....but not like this. fuck no not like this.

zeemumu

How can Cruella De Vil be in the same series as those other characters?

Well, you see, once upon a time...

Coincidentally the episode explaining Cruella's backstory and motivations airs tonight.

EDIT: looking at that set picture of the new costumes, maybe they should have let the Once Upon a Time team handle it after all...

TEJ

Jaffars kid reminds me of Tidus

Maleficents kid reminds me of hit girl

Cruella de'villes kid reminds me of harvey dent wanting to dress up like two-face before becoming two-face.

I like this.

Not because I'm ever going to watch it, but because Disney knows each of their audiences and how to appeal to each. This hits the Once Upon A Time/Princesses/Disney Tween Live Action Shows in General demographic so freaking hard. They'll have CDs and tours and maybe even get On Ice (tm). It's all the money if it works.

I also like that Kristin Chenoweth is getting paid. I like her.

I also like that this is going to launch ALL the fanfiction. Cruella DeVil has a threesome with Jasper and Horace. Which one is the father of her son? You know they had the freedom to pick a different looking person for Cruella because Glenn Close played her in the 1996 movie and it is pretty obvious that the woman in the animated version was too damn skinny to be fertile.

Pretty terrible concept, because most of the original villains are, you know......Dead?

Since it's the kids of Cruella De Vil, Maleficent, the Evil Queen from Snow White, and Jafar, at least three are old enough to have had kids before their story appearances. The Queen's debatable though. I get why they would want to use them though, they have unique appearances that could be given to their kids and, in the case of Maleficent and the Evil Queen, a bit of popularity from related media. Maybe if the TV movie is a hit they'll continue it in cartoon form.

what strange characters to choose.

Cruella De Vil, Maleficent, the Evil Queen from Snow White, and Jafar.
Fairy Godmother, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, and Mulan.
From a purely objective standpoint:
Hair, unique look/popular, popular, Persian
Fairy, popular, hair, Asian.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I can't believe Disney is going with the idea that someone impregnated Cruella and the Fairy Godmother of all people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom