• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney is resurrecting Lucasfilm Games

sol_bad

Any new Lucasfilm games would have as much in common with the old organisation as modern-day Atari has with the real Atari. That they're hiring only 7 people, and the job titles don't scream game development to me. It screams brand management, the 'producer' roles simply overseeing the work of external studios judging by the job details. I'd say that the name is essentially meaningless.

It kind of makes sense doesn't it?
They need to figure out ideas for games to begin with. It's a new studio so I don't think they need developers on day one.

Looking at the Disney jobs site it looks like there are 44 listings now?
https://jobs.disneycareers.com/search-jobs?k=lucasfilm games&alp=6252001&alt=2

*EDIT*
Never mind, I see that the first 7 results are for the games division.

Last edited:
If they're hiring for an internal team, there is hope. Disney expects big pay offs from Star Wars videogames and EA has not delivered that, although I stand behind that Star Wars Battlefront 2 has become a good game, even though its obviously EA's attempt to save faith with Disney, holding onto their license and with the fans.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Awesome news!

Now, how about you release the super Star Wars games, shadows of the empire and episode one racer on Xbox one? Please?

Allandor

funny, EA killed star wars games, while Disney killed star wars movies (imho).
disney should make a star wars film game with EA. Two negatives = one positive ;)
what could possibly go wrong

btw, bring back Monkey Island, sam'n'max and Tie Fighter / x-wing alliance.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Morons could have kept the original. I have no faith in this anyways given Disney's history in gaming and just being down on Star Wars now in general.

G-Bus

Banned
There's hope.

They're taking the marvel games a lot more seriously now. Spiderman is great.

Give me another pod racer! Haha

RAIDEN1

A Day of the Tentacle 3 wouldn't go amiss. And while you are at it, maybe a Full Throttle 2? And a new instalment to compliment Indy Jones and the Fate of Atlantis....

Romulus

Republic Commando 2 would be great.

And that Star Wars X-Wing demo on PSVR is probably one of the single greatest gaming experiences I've ever had. I've love to see someone make a full game out of that in the vein of Rogue Squadron. It was only 30min long. The scale of that Star Destroyer and those asteroids blew my mind.

Last edited:
They should just rehire the team they fired.

Sounds like desperation at this point...why didn't they keep the Studio anyway and let them do their own thing?

They didn't even require that much money anyway! Disney make really awful decisions sometimes...

Top Bottom