• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney's Pocahontas is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget A Goofy Movie as a canon Disney film and it makes me sad. Easily one of their best.

Missing The Goofy Movie.
Goofy Movie wasn't produced by the main studio, so it doesn't count.

Its tone is so different from the other 90s Disney films that I don't really know where to place it, but it's up there.

Aselith said:
That definitely isn't the best Disney era though Great Mouse Detective, Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood shit on those movies from great heights.
Great Mouse Detective is great, though it's more or less of that era (along with Oliver & Company) since it revitalized the Disney management's interest in animation and started the trend of annual(-ish) Disney movies.

Sword in the Stone is alright, Robin Hood i haven't seen in a while but don't remember being particularly memorable. Sooo

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Watch The New World, its the only good film Terrence Malick has ever made.
It is my favorite one (and best film ever made), but you are clearly insane with the latter portion of this statement.

As for Pocahontas not being a good movie in every aspect possible:

Fep4b2z.gif

It's a Disney movie and the leads decide it is more rational and loving to part ways? GOAT

Azulsky

Goofy Movie wasn't produced by the main studio, so it doesn't count.

Its tone is so different from the other 90s Disney films that I don't really know where to place it, but it's up there.

Great Mouse Detective is great, though it's more or less of that era (along with Oliver & Company) since it revitalized the Disney management's interest in animation and started the trend of annual(-ish) Disney movies.

Sword in the Stone is alright, Robin Hood i haven't seen in a while but don't remember being particularly memorable. Sooo

RobinHood is quintessential furry Disney. Its pretty good though.

Let us not forget The Jungle Book.

RobinHood is quintessential furry Disney. Its pretty good though.

Let us not forget The Jungle Book.
Jungle Book is fantastic.

I remember reading Walt really got involved with the film's production in the hopes of convincing himself that feature films were still a viable path for the company after Fantasia failed to turn a profit initially. It definitely shows in the finished product.

qindarka

Banned
Jungle Book is fantastic.

I remember reading Walt really got involved with the film's production in the hopes of convincing himself that feature films were still a viable path for the company after Fantasia failed to turn a profit initially. It definitely shows in the finished product.

The Jungle Book was released in 1967, 27 years after Fantasia. It was Dumbo which may have saved Disney feature animation, with it achieving financial success on a lower budget than Fantasia and Pinocchio before it, both of which had not succeeded financially.

Sanjay

Someone has never seen Days of Heaven.

I have not, but The Tree of Life broke me in ways one can not describe.

It is my favorite one (and best film ever made), but you are clearly insane with the latter portion of this statement.

I think I need to clarify my Terrance hate.

I watched The Tree of Life, hopefully that fully explains it.

A so called friend, Stallion Free recommended me to watch that film and was told it would be amazing.

Now he also recommend me to watch Badlands and Days of Heaven, the only Terrence films I've not watched yet, but I'm afraid due to his past transgressions to do so.

But you know what, I'll watch these films by this week. I'm trusting you guys.

And fuck Stallion Free.

It was Dumbo which may have saved Disney feature animation, with it achieving financial success on a lower budget than Fantasia and Pinocchio before it, both of which had not succeeded financially.

It's a shame what happened to Dumbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom