• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP) announced

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
SpeedySwaf said:
Dissidia is supposed to be the "12th War." "012" could be their wacky way of saying that it takes place before the first one.

Shit, they are gonna bring a continuity into this?

Shadow780 said:
How can ppl like Aerith the Flirty Slut more...

She's so moe~! ^___^

sciplore

I am willing to put up with ridiculous stories if they bother to make one for the villains side. Also an allie system would be nice, having something like Palum and Poram summoning from the sidelines as you battle can be a good way to slip in fan favorites without actually putting them in the roster.

Or go Smash Brother's style and just make a bunch of different skinned clones who care just add more characters ffs.

Beth Cyra

sciplore said:
I am willing to put up with ridiculous stories if they bother to make one for the villains side. Also an allie system would be nice, having something like Palum and Poram summoning from the sidelines as you battle can be a good way to slip in fan favorites without actually putting them in the roster.

Or go Smash Brother's style and just make a bunch of different skinned clones who care just add more characters ffs.

They did that with like 3 characters in Brawl so it's not like that would add awhole lot.

At that point I would just prefer Alt costumes really.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
sciplore said:

Fuck no, then you'd get a lot of whining about how Edgar doesn't use his chainsaw and instead plays like fucking Exdeath despite that making no sense at all.

Beth Cyra

Segata Sanshiro said:
I... think you mean 'shoe-in'.

I thought it was a joke, at this point no one is a shoe in accept Kain and Lightning.

Even more so when you consider just how tough VII's third slot will be.

Given Crisis Core and Dirge Of Cerberus, there is no way Tifa is a shoe in at all if they count these games for the new Dissidia.

sciplore

TruePrime said:
I thought it was a joke, at this point no one is a shoe in accept Kain and Lightning.

Even more so when you consider just how tough VII's third slot will be.

Given Crisis Core and Dirge Of Cerberus, there is no way Tifa is a shoe in at all if they count these games for the new Dissidia.

Then Yuffie is a shoe in?

Regulus Tera said:
Fuck no, then you'd get a lot of whining about how Edgar doesn't use his chainsaw and instead plays like fucking Exdeath despite that making no sense at all.
Hey if that is what I must endure to play as Balthier/Mog so be it.

Beth Cyra

sciplore said:
Then Yuffie is a shoe in?

Hey if that is what I must endure to play as Balthier/Mog so be it.

No but I do find it funny that Yuffie of all characters outside of Cloud (hell maybe even including him) plays the largest role in all games when bases on apperance.

Cloud and Tifa aren't really in DoC
Zack and Aerith aren't in DoC at all.
Vincent isn't in CC.

Yet Yuffie is in everything including Erghiez (sorry can't ever remember how to spell this games name.) KH and all the FF VII games.

Personally though I would like to see Vincent and Weiss from DoC over Zack and Genesis or Tifa when it comes to VII.

Beth Cyra

Regulus Tera said:
If they start putting people from the freaking Compilation before Ramza or Delita I'm gonna be sad.

While Tactics is loved it is still not a main entry and is a spin off so if you count DoC and CC as spin offs they occupy the same place.

That said I do expect to see some Tactics rep, unless they use the mindset of having an Ivalice rep instead of a certain game because then XII would fill that void.

Spiegel

ShockingAlberto said:
So I really hope they are doing things other than "FIGHT THESE CRYSTAL VERSIONS OF CHARACTERS" for singleplayer.

Agreed. Also, ditch the board and create real stages with monsters please.

Or at least they should include an online mode.

Lain

Glad Lightning is in this, as she's the only character in XIII I wholeheartedly liked.
Her presence in the cast will force me to buy the game, I guess.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wish Yuna was usable in Dissidia Duodecim.

Regulus Tera said:
If they start putting people from the freaking Compilation before Ramza or Delita I'm gonna be sad.
Who would be Ramza's antagonist? More importantly, who would be Delita's? A knife wielding
Ovelia
? I would so buy the game if that happened. :lol

ULTROS! said:
I wish Yuna was usable in Dissidia Duodecim.
She'd better be. She was one of the characters that basically lost the coin toss as being considered the main character of her installment, along with Celes and ViVi.

Pietepiet

This guy right here needs to be in:
0000240172.jpg

Dresden

ninj4junpei said:
Who would be Ramza's antagonist? More importantly, who would be Delita's? A knife wielding
Ovelia
? I would so buy the game if that happened. :lol
For Ramza, it'll probably be either
Wiegraf
or
Ajora
. If Ramza does get in, I hope it's the first, since he was badass. Maybe give him the Velius form in the game.

Vhalyar

Dresden said:
For Ramza, it'll probably be either
Wiegraf
or
Ajora
. If Ramza does get in, I hope it's the first, since he was badass. Maybe give him the Velius form in the game.

You don't need to spoiler that :/
And Wiegraf is the player's antagonist, considering how many he has forced to restart the game :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Segata Sanshiro said:
She'd better be. She was one of the characters that basically lost the coin toss as being considered the main character of her installment, along with Celes and ViVi.
Celes over Edgar would be crap. FFVI already uas two magic users.

Adding characters is going to be a real interesting dynamic this time around. There were a lot of characters that Nomura wanted but didn't get around to last time so I see those characters getting the first look at getting in. After that it'll be a free-for-all for what's left and there will be angry fans at the end of this just like part 1.

All I want is Vincent, Tifa, Seifer, Auron, Seymour and Yuna (X-2). If Nomura can get Disney onboard with some KH characters I don't see any harm in that. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Dragon Quest character or 2 either. But whatever happens I just hope the end product was as good as the first one was.

Beth Cyra

ReXXXSoprano said:
Adding characters is going to be a real interesting dynamic this time around. There were a lot of characters that Nomura wanted but didn't get around to last time so I see those characters getting the first look at getting in. After that it'll be a free-for-all for what's left and there will be angry fans at the end of this just like part 1.

All I want is Vincent, Tifa, Seifer, Auron, Seymour and Yuna (X-2). If Nomura can get Disney onboard with some KH characters I don't see any harm in that. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Dragon Quest character or 2 either. But whatever happens I just hope the end product was as good as the first one was.

I really doubt we see Dragon Quest. Part of Dissidia was a love letter from Nomura to Amano (yet we still see Nomura Vs Amano debates.) and it would be weird if he suddenly went and threw Akira T.'s work in as well.

But who knows I guess.

Lain said:
Glad Lightning is in this, as she's the only character in XIII I wholeheartedly liked.
Her presence in the cast will force me to buy the game, I guess.

:/

Nemesis556 said:
So why are people saying ViVi is in this one? Is it true? =O

Because it would be awesome.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Hope to see Luso Clemens, I'd love to make some cuts :lol

Roxas said:
what a stupid fucking name. what does it even mean?

Latin is classy, right, guys? Fabula Nova Crystallis, it's classy shit, it tells you that this is an arty, high concept game. It's latin! It's real classy. Real clever people use Latin. Or things that sound like Latin. Right guys? Guys?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Any info as to whether this will let me import my characters from the first game?

This better be compatible with the first game. 100+ hours here.

duckroll

The high-res clean scan is out now. Kain is fighting Cecil (Paladin), and Lightning is fighting Garland. They have the same art portraits as the first game, so that seems to indicate that all the characters from the first game should be returning. The UI looks mostly the same, except now below the health bars there are two smaller bars for each character next to each other.

Nemesis556 said:
So why are people saying ViVi is in this one? Is it true? =O
If they're doing more than one character from each game, ViVi would almost have to be a lock. FF9 is one of the most popular games in the series in Japan, ViVi himself is quite popular, and he's also pretty close to the black mage image that's iconic everywhere FF is popular.

I just hope Gilgamesh finds his way in.

There should be a 'Neutral' side of characters who have no idea what this whole Cosmos vs. Chaos war thing is and are just wandering around trying to find their way out and beating up everyone they see.

duckroll

If Gilgamesh is not in the game, it would be a huge oversight on the part of the development team. Considering how well chosen the characters in the first game were, including the selections of the FFXI and FFXII characters, I doubt they'll make that mistake. But who knows...

Character wishlists are good and all, and I've done plenty of 'em, but what I want to ask for here is BOSSES. Just like Chaos in the first Dissidia, there should be a line-up of non-playable boss characters - one from each game. How about Chaos, Jenova, Ultros, Zeromus, Necron, Griever, Barthandalus, Seymour? This way you can get more villians in without taking up the playable roster. ^^

Pureauthor said:
I just hope Gilgamesh finds his way in.

There should be a 'Neutral' side of characters who have no idea what this whole Cosmos vs. Chaos war thing is and are just wandering around trying to find their way out and beating up everyone they see.

Maybe the new characters are all neutral?

Lightning and Kain could definitely work that angle.

Pureauthor said:

The first one should've done this. Mainly for Jecht's sake because he really wasn't a villain per se. This is an easily working concept that doesn't convolute whatever story they want to tell and it makes character selection a little less of what side should they be on versus how can we get them into the game.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Fimbulvetr said:

Celes works on that proposal, in a degree. Although I'd love to see Cyan on 3D, too.

Espada

Fimbulvetr said:

Are there really enough interesting neutral characters to do this for the entire series? I'd rather they just add another another pair of Chaos/Cosmos folks to each game.

farnham

Banned
Hope there will be more Characters. Tifa for FF7, Rinoa for FF8, Locke for FF6, Yuna, Rikku for FF 10, Vivi for FF9 etc. Also Vaan and Ashe from FF 12.

Top Bottom