• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

DieH@rd

Banned
Still processing this information....

o-face.gif

This pretty much tells me that Capcom has been listening to fans even on this forum.

That is the news we should be taking away from it. This bodes well for the future of DMC.

Will be getting both fucking day 1.

It's a shame that we had to wait 2 years for this. This is how the game should've been released from day 1... so much headache would've been relieved.

I guess this is the NT announcement that they promised on Monday.

Still Legit Shook at this.... I don't think I will be able to handle it if DMC4's Special Edition is as good as this.

Who the hell is going to be watching any cutscene again? I have S ranked both of those games on DMD mode, no need to watch those cutscenes again at all.

I really do believe that this is like a testing ground for DMC5. They want to get as much money out of these DMC games to push for DMC5.

SUPPORT THESE GAMES PEOPLE... DMC's FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT!!!!

The DmC changes.....

This is one of the best definitive editions out there. The changes to the game make it far more in line with a DMC game.

Those changes are EXACTLY what I fucking want in a DMC5!!!

God Must Die mode!

Turbo mode!

Manual lock on mode!

MUST STYLE MODE!!!!!

GUARDIAN WHERE YOU AT SON!!!!!!!!

hzl0tyf3bjbl.gif

Guys did you read the last part (I some how missed it in the hype).

THEY ARE PUTTING IN PC MODS IN THIS!!!

*ENEMIES CAN BE DAMAGED BY ANY WEAPON!!!!

*ANGEL GLIDE HAS TRIPLE DASH VARIANT (ala TRICKSTER!)

*A LOT OF GAME PLAY TWEAKS TO MAKE IT CLOSER TO A DMC GAME!

http_makeagif.com_media_4_24_2014_w75uo6_8e9ptupy.gif

I can't.... I just can't.....

These guys LITERALLY took my change requests and put it into this version. Hats off to NT/Capcom... I will be buying TWO copies of this!

N***** YOU WATCHED THE DmC DEFINITIVE TRAILER????!!!!

IT HAS FUCKING DMC4 VERGIL IN IT!!!!!!!

THIS PARTY IS GETTTTINGGG CCCCUURRRRRAAAAZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i2leIQSIwAgXp.gif

VERGIL DAH GAWD

GREATEST OF ALL TIME

THE LEGENDARY DARK SLAYER

THE SON OF SPARDA

HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED!!!!

GUYS I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH GIFS TO EXPRESS MY HYPE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

GUARDIAN.... GUNBO... LHK... WHERE YOU AT MY BROS????

LMAO GUYS I AM SINGING TO MYSELF NOW....

We are falling,

The light is calling.

Tears inside me

Calm me down.

Praise to my father,

Blessed by the water

Black night, dark sky

DA DEVILS CRY!!!!

Capcom sort of fucked up not announcing this at the PSX event but it's whatever....

MY HYPE LEVEL IS OVER 9000!!!!

I AM CALLING THE OT FOR BOTH DmC DE EDITION AND DMC4 SE!!!!

NO ONE IS GOING TO HIJACK MY SHIT!!!!

Dahbomb will be the one to fill our dark souls with LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

Son Of D

Konami has to be thinking about Revengeance remaster for nextgen. If they release that I am so buying it to support eventual release of Revengance II: Jack has fucking returned.

If a Revengeance remaster happens then that would be all the main character action series on Gen 8 consoles right? This is including Bayonetta 1 and 2 as well as Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge being on Wii U.

Sesha

I don't get the praise for DmCs art direction. All it was was a bunch of platforms with nice-looking skyboxes, with oversaturated colors. Decent art but dull environments, with only the family mansion, Bob Barbas' and the Baby's levels standing out visually. Its okay, and maybe more interesting visually than 4 and certainly 2, but it's nothing mindblowing. Give me a DMC looking like Bloodborne, with Journey-inspired panoramas, then I'll let my jaw drop.

If a Revengeance remaster happens then that would be all the main character action series on Gen 8 consoles right? This is including Bayonetta 1 and 2 as well as Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge being on Wii U.

Revengeance remaster already happened, it's called MGR:R for PC.

Eolz

God Hand ;_;7
Seriously Sony, let us play PS2 classics on PS4, and not on the cloud

Lernaean

Banned
I don't think exchanging opinions is something 'wrong' to do. I'm not trying to convince you into thinking otherwise. Also, where does DMC2 fit into all of this or does it not exist?

It exists and it is bad, but i still think it tried with the combat, something that DmC did not.
I see DMC2 as the weakest of the series, and a worse game than DmC, but i don't consider DmC as part of the series. It's like a spin off, a different game altogether.

As an edit, i have to say that with the changes, DmC has very good chances changing my opinion. A lot if not all the changes are stuff i wanted from it, but they still don't fix all the problems.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
We will see. :) For what it's worth, I prefer classic Dante to Donte from everything I've seen.

nero_dmc4_by_longai-d21sfxf.jpg

Nero looked better than the Andrew Garfield like Dante. DmC's Dante is stuck to his persona. He's a punk you wouldn't necessarily cheer for unless something unusual happens.

DMC is another series that would do better with Japanese development.

What about someone like me who played DMC4 on last gen but not DmC?

You'll just have to take one for the team then.
jk

Anyway, looks like they are at least trying to adress criticisms with this definitive edition of DmC. DMC4 is a no brainer for me but maybe I'll just get both if DmC turns out to be considerably better in this version.

I didn't miss lock-on, since DmC was designed around not having it. It did make for mis-aimed hooks, but overall being able to Stinger at enemies you can't see was pretty neat. The real problem is that making enemies tougher or nerfing Devil Trigger isn't going to make the game substantially harder, just mean you're going to be spending even more time spamming the overpowered dodge. The game is packed with so much shit going on that you need that dodge, but it's so damn overpowered. And combos aren't as satisfying because the weapons work so differently and nothing really takes any skill to pull off unless you really want it to and do a hundred jump cancels and charge shots. You can be really creative, but when everything juggles enemies, you can hook into enemies or pull them to you, and Dante can literally fly for a second at a time, it's just not all that impressive to pull off ridiculous combos.

Dahbomb

I didn't miss lock-on, since DmC was designed around not having it. It did make for mis-aimed hooks, but overall being able to Stinger at enemies you can't see was pretty neat. The real problem is that making enemies tougher or nerfing Devil Trigger isn't going to make the game substantially harder, just mean you're going to be spending even more time spamming the overpowered dodge. The game is packed with so much shit going on that you need that dodge, but it's so damn overpowered. And combos aren't as satisfying because the weapons work so differently and nothing really takes any skill to pull off unless you really want it to and do a hundred jump cancels and charge shots. You can be really creative, but when everything juggles enemies, you can hook into enemies or pull them to you, and Dante can literally fly for a second at a time, it's just not all that impressive to pull off ridiculous combos.
They nerfed the dodge again and they have tweaked the Style gain/decrease. In addition, bosses are getting tweaks too. The combat is getting tweaked too so we will see how much has changed on that front (from the game play video it seems there is crisper cancellign windows between weapons).

It's really hard to say how well the game would play out difficulty wise with all these changes and modifiers.

Dahbomb

Never played it how's this dmc?
It's a very good action game that is getting a lot better in this definitive edition. This definitive edition would make it better than 90% of action games out there.

DMC4 is dah gawd though but we need more information on the SE.

Sephzilla

The original version is a very mediocre action game with a pretty bad story that lacks a lot of the original series' cartoonish charm, in my opinion.

That being said, the definitive edition is cleaning up a lot of the original game's issues with game play.

V_Arnold

It was a great game with some glaring flaws (like color coded enemies slowing down gameplay, a bit too much cc, easy to abuse cancels, etc), but with good replayability. Vergil DLC was an awesome addition to the game, so was the PC version with 60fps gameplay.

Now, this version will be amazing by all standards, be that japanese or western hack'n'slash. The story will still be more miss than hits, but that is business as usual with DMC.

Dahbomb will be the one to fill our dark souls with LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

haha, damn rights dah bomb.
This forum can get too cynical at times, it's refreshing to see a poster with genuine passion and love for a game wear it on their sleeve.

I loved DMC though, just picked it up on PC, and it looks amazing at 1080p 60fps all jacked up. It's good to hear that it's coming to PS4/X1, I hope this means we'll get a sequel.

It's a very good action game that is getting a lot better in this definitive edition. This definitive edition would make it better than 90% of action games out there.

DMC4 is dah gawd though but we need more information on the SE.

The original version is a very mediocre action game with a pretty bad story that lacks a lot of the original series' cartoonish charm, in my opinion.

That being said, the definitive edition is cleaning up a lot of the original game's issues with game play.

It was a great game with some glaring flaws (like color coded enemies slowing down gameplay, a bit too much cc, easy to abuse cancels, etc), but with good replayability. Vergil DLC was an awesome addition to the game, so was the PC version with 60fps gameplay.

Now, this version will be amazing by all standards, be that japanese or western hack'n'slash. The story will still be more miss than hits, but that is business as usual with DMC.
Thanks!

Nia

If this is indeed a vote for the future of the series, I would buy DMC4, and I've never even played the games. Donte needs to go away forever. DMC fans should not have to go through that again.

Dahbomb

I really hope the fans don't see this as a "test" for the future of the series. The future of the series is most likely decided and it does not impinge on which of these games sells more. Like we are not going to get a DmC2 if DmC sells more or vice versa... the decision about that should've already been made. These games are most likely just to cover the cost of making the next DMC game (whether DmC 2 or DMC5).

The fact that we are getting these two games to begin with (and one of them being almost a 7 year old game) tells me that Capcom is interesting in delivering more DMC content in the future.

Please, please don't turn today into a pissing contest.

Top Bottom