• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

They've always used classic Dante for crossover promotions, especially in Japan. The only time DmC Dante had a crossover appearance in anything was PSABR I think.
No by classic I mean DMC1 Dante. Red suit with black shirt underneath, Alastor, the works. It seems oddly specific specially after DMC3

Tizoc

Someone should make a hype train image, with dahbomb as the conductor, and all those hype for the game on GAF should be on it.

ezekial45

Banned
So is hard lock-on replacing the soft-lock from the original? Despite its faults, I still ended up liking it. I'd really like the option to switch between the two.

So is hard lock-on replacing the soft-lock from the original? Despite its faults, I still ended up liking it. I'd really like the option to switch between the two.
I imagine it's like Bayonetta's, where the soft lock is still there unless you press a button to manually lock on to someone.

822020-20aioi_yuuko20naganohara_mio20nichijou20reaction_image.jpg

yeah... exact same feeling. played both games. beat both.. i feel no particular wish to go back to any of em.

I have a great feeling these two games are going to have some of the best IQ on consoles because of how well they run on PC. My shit computer that plays tf2 at around 15fps can handle dmc4 at 30-40fps.
There goes all hope for DMC 5.
What? If anything there is more hope than ever for a sequel. Speak with your wallet.

Dahbomb

I really doubt Hard lock is anything more than a small option over the existing game play. It should be very easy to play through the game without every using it as the base game was designed for it.

The hard lock is going to be used for some extra tricks like showcased in the trailer where Dante used Streak and the hard lock on guided it back to the enemy. It is also a nice way to gauge enemy health.

Guys Guys if Vergil is added.

FINAL LEVEL OF BLOODY PALACE AS DANTE YOU FIGHT NERO AND VERGIL AT SAME TIME WHILE IF YOU PLAY AS NERO YOU FIGHT DANTE AND VERGIL AT SAME TIME

guys guys you know that be hype

OMG , if they do this

IF THEY DO THIS ...

my hype won't stay still...

Gbraga

Definitely optional, since they also mentioned full controller remap, which was already part of the original.

Maybe they'll let us use lock-on for modifiers instead of just being a basic lock-on? So R1 + Forward + /\ = Stinger? That would be nice.

It'll be kinda hard to get used to dodging with L1 though, I replace it with Rainstorm in the vanilla game and just use R1 to dodge.

EDIT: If I can use lock on + X to dodge and just map Devil Trigger to L1, oh lawd.

I really doubt Hard lock is anything more than a small option over the existing game play. It should be very easy to play through the game without every using it as the base game was designed for it.

The hard lock is going to be used for some extra tricks like showcased in the trailer where Dante used Streak and the hard lock on guided it back to the enemy. It is also a nice way to gauge enemy health.

It's already possible with the soft lock, though, I like to use it after cancelling Prop with a lvl 0 Ricoshot.

Skittles

All those changes and people on the first page were still hating so hard lmao. Feel like you people hate on it just because, instead of because of how it plays

Dahbomb

Definitely optional, since they also mentioned full controller remap, which was already part of the original.

Maybe they'll let us use lock-on for modifiers instead of just being a basic lock-on? So R1 + Forward + /\ = Stinger? That would be nice.

It'll be kinda hard to get used to dodging with L1 though, I replace it with Rainstorm in the vanilla game and just use R1 to dodge.

EDIT: If I can use lock on + X to dodge and just map Devil Trigger to L1, oh lawd.
That would be really nice.

Too bad Rainstorm is still slow as hell in the video.

TreIII

There goes all hope for DMC 5.

Hardly.

If anything, all the love that classic Dante has been getting here lately (with MH4U's costume content just carrying on the trend that Sengoku BASARA and others have been doing for years), just does more to prove that it's on the way. But this is just a nice prelude, all the same.

Yeah, there's no need for one. This looks like one of those everybody-wins situations, at least for now.

unless they say which ever game sells better gets a sequel
then im gonna show no mercy and go full shill mode on DMC4SE and shit on DmC as much as possible
alls fair in love and war afterall
and it would be a war for a game series i love

Son Of D

I really hope the fans don't see this as a "test" for the future of the series. The future of the series is most likely decided and it does not impinge on which of these games sells more. Like we are not going to get a DmC2 if DmC sells more or vice versa... the decision about that should've already been made. These games are most likely just to cover the cost of making the next DMC game (whether DmC 2 or DMC5).

The fact that we are getting these two games to begin with (and one of them being almost a 7 year old game) tells me that Capcom is interesting in delivering more DMC content in the future.

Please, please don't turn today into a pissing contest.

That's how I see it. Fans of DmC got an upgraded remaster coming next year and fans of the original series got a remaster of 4 with Vergil (and many more potential additions) coming next year as well. Both "sides" win.

Thought this was going to be both DMC and DMC 4 in one package :/ for $60 I'll wait on DMC

Never played DMC and never finished DMC 4 so I'll get them at some point

Son Of D

Thought this was going to be both DMC and DMC 4 in one package :/ for $60 I'll wait on DMC

Never played DMC and never finished DMC 4 so I'll get them at some point

$40 for DmC. DMC4 will probably be the same. A double pack for $60 would have been nice though, but it could still happen later next year.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Why am I still so hype?

Vergil dah gahd with his gahd son finally in the same game. I can finally helm breaker in DMC4 the have nero come through with the bionic (demon) arm then OTG BIONIC.... AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRARAAHAHAAHAAJAH GIVE ME A RELEASE DATE

Gbraga

That would be really nice.

Too bad Rainstorm is still slow as hell in the video.

Well, SamD is a famous modder and DmC player (Capcom posted his videos on their channel and everything), and he did make a faster rainstorm mod himself. Maybe...

Teknoman

@ DXLelouch153
Uh might wanna change that avatar or edit it to avoid the risk of a ban >_>;

BUY THEM AGAIN!

Thats probably the most likely scenario. I think the only thing I havent bought Dante related (when it comes to games) is Devil May Cry 2.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
No by classic I mean DMC1 Dante. Red suit with black shirt underneath, Alastor, the works. It seems oddly specific specially after DMC3

They already included a DMC3 costume. I imagine they're just trying to push that classic DMC fanbase into accepting the game with some additional fanservice.

Sesha

Project X Zone was in development at the same time as DmC and featured DMC1 Dante.

Edit: I get what you're saying. Well, they've used DMC3 Dante and Vergil as well, for example Sengoku Basara 3 had costumes of both. Then there was the MH Frontier promo that used DMC4 Dante. The Vergil costume in DmC DE and Vergil in DMC4SE is probably gonna be DMC3 Vergil, so I don't think featuring the DMC1 Dante costume means anything specific as they already had DMC3 Dante in the game.

$40 for DmC. DMC4 will probably be the same. A double pack for $60 would have been nice though, but it could still happen later next year.

$40 for DMC seems ok, but over $20 for DMC4 and I'm out. I would hope 4 is a digital re-release or at least is treated like a special edition with some cool extras like an art-book, soundtrack and cool packaging.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Cool but I don't want DmC.
DMC4SE? I'm not so sure either, because the campaign is so shit.

Also you can bet your ass this is a test, which direction they should take, _if_ the name DMC still sells some copies.

https://twitter.com/fingersmaloy/status/544563578842267648

Greg Moore
‏@fingersmaloy
Also, whatever your leaning, these are all but guaranteed to be the only stylish action games that come out in the next year, if not longer.

I'm sure theyll be watching the numbers closely. The next iteration is for sure already set in store, but these numbers will STILL play a role in the future.

KyleCross

Dammit, I just bought DMC4 on PC after buying the Devil May Cry HD Collection so I can jump into the original series.

Do you guys think that this version of 4 is going to be hugely improved over the PC port?

Top Bottom