• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

BBboy20

Still processing this information....

o-face.gif
At first, suppodly Virgil was in it didn't seem that big of a deal
(since...well, he is in it)
but when I watched the video and saw the last part, I almost made that exact expression......

Deader then dead for me.

I really hope the fans don't see this as a "test" for the future of the series. The future of the series is most likely decided and it does not impinge on which of these games sells more. Like we are not going to get a DmC2 if DmC sells more or vice versa... the decision about that should've already been made. These games are most likely just to cover the cost of making the next DMC game (whether DmC 2 or DMC5).

The fact that we are getting these two games to begin with (and one of them being almost a 7 year old game) tells me that Capcom is interesting in delivering more DMC content in the future.

Please, please don't turn today into a pissing contest.
I've came to realization that we shouldn't start thinking like that. Even I had that way of thinking not long ago. From here on out, let's just be impressed somebody is doing something quaint to an old game then think like there is some impending scenario at stake.

I'll be picking up DMC4 day one just to show my support for the series.
I'm picking it up just to support Virgil (and fortunately, I'll be a PS4 owner soon).

Dahbomb

I am getting goosebumps just thinking of this

Hey, Bomb. Truce during pre-and-launch for both games?
I thought we had a truce a long time ago? I don't have any ill feelings at all.

Holy shit it is? EXCELLENT news. Is there a link to the confirmation of that somewhere?
It's in the OP:

Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I thought we had a truce a long time ago? I don't have any ill feelings at all.
I don't remember signing a truce at all :/ Last thing I remember was the (absolutely random and) god awful hate in the FGC-thread. That shit made me feel sick for days.
You should make a truce with your own sense of taste.
Ignored.

Don't want much of these when DMC DE comes out. It just seriously makes me feel worthless.

Dahbomb

That DMC4 special edition must have some new content right?

Right?

It's not just a PC port right? >_>

Of course it's going to have more stuff, it's already hinted at but they are going to slow drip the info for a while since DmC is the main focus right now because it releases first.

The Vergil thing was just the beginning.

I don't remember signing a truce at all :/ Last thing I remember was the (absolutely random and) god awful hate in the FGC-thread. That shit made me feel sick for days.
I already said I felt sorry for saying that and didn't mean to make you upset over it.

Shh... no tears now... only hype.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is a GREAT thing for both fans however since neither DmC2 nor DMC5 are confirmed people are going to misinterpret this as "we get either DmC2 or DMC5 and it depends on which one of these remasters sells more".
I'm buying them both to just to make a statement that I want more Devil May Cry in any form.

Because in a genre of truly excellent titles, DmC's mediocrity overwhelms it. Doesn't hurt that the game's aesthetics are truly love it or hate it, and that the games in the franchise prior are objectively superior to it in nearly every way.

Well, its good that we have options and we can support both, right?

Because in a genre of truly excellent titles, DmC's mediocrity overwhelms it. Doesn't hurt that the game's aesthetics are truly love it or hate it, and that the games in the franchise prior are objectively superior to it in nearly every way.
I dont think you quite understand the meaning of the word

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Is it sad that I am really looking forward to playing as Nero again? The just frame exceeding feels 2good. LVL3 high roller is like the best move ever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is it sad that I am really looking forward to playing as Nero again? The just frame exceeding feels 2good.

Max Revving Roulette on Echidna while she was stunned on the ground gave me an orgasm

I wish I was joking

edit: holy shit, there were so many moves in DMC4 that I loved... what was the Gilgamesh trick/glitch called with Dante? You performed like DT-cancelling and it quadra'd the damage or something with the uppercut (with the inferno-gloves, Gilgamesh?). I remember one shotting Belial with that move. God that was AMAZIIIIIIIIIIING.

Dahbomb

what was the Gilgamesh trick/glitch called with Dante? You performed like DT-cancelling and it quadra'd the damage or something with the uppercut (with the inferno-gloves, Gilgamesh?). I remember one shotting Belial with that move. God that was AMAZIIIIIIIIIIING.
Gilgamesh's trick wasn't a glitch it was a mechanic called Full Steam. When combined with the DT glitch called Distortion then you get some really silly damage output.

I really hope that is nerfed in this SE version though.

Yoshichan

Gilgamesh's trick wasn't a glitch it was a mechanic called Full Steam. When combined with the DT glitch called Distortion then you get some really silly damage output.

I really hope that is nerfed in this SE version though.

That's right! Distortion + Real Impact, right? FUckcccccccccccafdsadsa

So what I take from this is that Itsuno is currently working on Dragon's Dogma 2, and the sales of these remasters will determine if he gets put on DmC2 or DMC5 next.

Raonak

Banned
You guys think vergil will get multiple weapons? I feel he's gonna atleast have a rebellion variant (force edge?)

I get the impression that people only hate nero's personality. His mechanics were solid additions to the series. Revving, snatching and buster attacks were all great fun. Only downside was that he lacked variety.
He just needed yamoto as an alternate weapon with a full moveset.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Brehs am I going to have to go play DMC4 again? I don't know if I can wait. Fuck. Just play Bayonetta 2, tet, calm yourself.

Shit, I'm gonna have to pick up both... Never played DmC outside of a demo (it was interesting) and DMC4 was solid (Dante sections were better than Nero, but he was still interesting). Bring it on, Capcom.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You guys think vergil will get multiple weapons? I feel he's gonna atleast have a rebellion variant (force edge?)

He might retain his loadout from DMC3.

What I'd LOVE to see is Vergil's variation of DMC4 weapons, and how he uses them in battle.

I get the impression that people only hate nero's personality. His mechanics were solid additions to the series. Revving, snatching and buster attacks were all great fun. Only downside was that he lacked variety.
He just needed yamoto as an alternate weapon with a full moveset.

I would hope Vergil has at least as much depth as he does in DMC3.

And I only even dislike Nero's personality when Kyrie is involved. She's such a flat, 0-dimensional character that her being a huge part of his motivation hurts the game. Also I wish he had more than one weapon.

Yoshichan

Doing the Straight punch fully charged with Distortion actually does more damage than Real Impact Distorted. It actually has a nickname... "The God Fist".

Huh, nice! I don't remember that name during the 6-month launch-hype. Was it given that name after a year or so?

Korigama

Refusing to let go of DmC by proving that remaster rumor true only proves to me that Capcom are just as dense as I believed they were. I should be overjoyed by the prospect of a DMC4 special edition, but the fact that it accompanied news of that garbage continuing to exist spoils the mood...yes, I know this shouldn't be a pissing match, but this does just feel like another one of Capcom's stupid "tests" to me.
...But, I do quite like this.

Yoshichan

Definitely optional, since they also mentioned full controller remap, which was already part of the original.

Maybe they'll let us use lock-on for modifiers instead of just being a basic lock-on? So R1 + Forward + /\ = Stinger? That would be nice.

It'll be kinda hard to get used to dodging with L1 though, I replace it with Rainstorm in the vanilla game and just use R1 to dodge.

EDIT: If I can use lock on + X to dodge and just map Devil Trigger to L1, oh lawd.

It's already possible with the soft lock, though, I like to use it after cancelling Prop with a lvl 0 Ricoshot.

Hopefully that means more combo potential like in DMC4 with lock-on and lock off combos.

Foffy

Banned
That DMC4 special edition must have some new content right?

Right?

It's not just a PC port right? >_>

The PC port didn't have Vergil. It seems both versions of these games are based on their PC versions with new content. If Turbo was added into DmC, surely Turbo is being ported over from the PC version of DMC4. DMC4 was such a good game that's only bogged down by Dante's half being a retread. If they actually take the time to expand upon the game, that'd be great. I hope Vergil has a story mode or something akin to that.

I guess if these new versions don't get ported to PC, Sony's platforms are once again the home for Devil May Cry.

Top Bottom