• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't think I have it in me to ever replay the game. It would be nice if the rebalance heavily altered if not outright removed the color coding garbage.

I don't think I have it in me to ever replay the game. It would be nice if the rebalance heavily altered if not outright removed the color coding garbage.

Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.

Raonak

Banned
Huh. If they allow for lock-on modifiers in the DmC:DE I will likely buy it, having to push forward on the analog twice to do a stinger sucked ass and really killed a lot of the satisfaction of combat.

Dahbomb

Huh. If they allow for lock-on modifiers in the DmC:DE I will likely buy it, having to push forward on the analog twice to do a stinger sucked ass and really killed a lot of the satisfaction of combat.
Won't know that until we play that game. I certainly hope so.

Also it seems that just about every page has someone asking if the color coated mechanic is changed. Should be bolded in the OP because even I missed it on the first read through.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.

Oh, missed that. Really good to hear that.

I played and finished the first three games. But, for whatever reason I never got around to playing DMC4 or DmC. Maybe I'll give these two a shot now.

RocBase

unless they say which ever game sells better gets a sequel
then im gonna show no mercy and go full shill mode on DMC4SE and shit on DmC as much as possible
alls fair in love and war afterall
and it would be a war for a game series i love

How does anyone in good conscience rock an avatar like that on gaf of all places???

-Cwalat-

Devil May Cry 4 with Vergil, eh...

money-gifs-fry-take-my-money1.gif

Tengrave

That DMC4 tease is perfect. DmC comes out the week before Bloodborne? Ouch. Never catch a break

Edit: Sorry, ment my (our) wallet.

KorrZ

Will probably pick up DmC again - I had a ton of fun with it back on the 360 (played it 7 times - though to be fair you can beat it in 3 hours once you get decent at the combos and skip cutscenes).

Never played DMC4 or any of the "original" series so I might give that a shot as well.

Raonak

Banned
Won't know that until we play that game. I certainly hope so.

Also it seems that just about every page has someone asking if the color coated mechanic is changed. Should be bolded in the OP because even I missed it on the first read through.

Yeah true, just wishful thinking.

I wouldn't mind the colour-coated enemies if it were more like DMC3 style elements, you could use any weapon, but one weapon has a definite advantage. Even the invurenability ones wouldnt be so bad if they were used sparingly. But it seemed like a good proportion of the enemeis you fight were colour coated. :/

I also liked the platforming segments as it added some variety.

Lucent

I'll definitely get DMC4. Especially with Vergil being added. Probably wait on DmC to be like $20 or less though. It was alright but I really didn't like the story and stuff. Plus I was able to play the PS3 version free through PS+.

Really wish they'd just announced a fully current gen DMC 5 though.

Alfredo

All of this is really cool. While I wasn't a fan of the new DMC, and I'm still undecided on whether or not I'll get the remaster, it's obvious that they're trying to fix whatever mistakes they may have made in the original release. I mean, they're adding manual lock-on! They're actually listening to fans! That's a huge improvement from when they were actively ignoring or even poking fun at fan criticism initially.

And with Vergil in DMC4, maybe we'll finally get some closure on Nero's connection to Vergil. The lack of that story explanation was probably my biggest disappointment when it seemed like they were abandoning the original Devil May Cry universe in favor of DmC.

I 100% DMC2 3 times on 3 different platforms and unlocked everything. Even in the recent HD Collection.I will always be fond of the game as it was my first DMC game, but come on guys.

Squishy3

All of this is really cool. While I wasn't a fan of the new DMC, and I'm still undecided on whether or not I'll get the remaster, it's obvious that they're trying to fix whatever mistakes they may have made in the original release. I mean, they're adding manual lock-on! They're actually listening to fans! That's a huge improvement from when they were actively ignoring or even poking fun at fan criticism initially.

And with Vergil in DMC4, maybe we'll finally get some closure on Nero's connection to Vergil. The lack of that story explanation was probably my biggest disappointment when it seemed like they were abandoning the original Devil May Cry universe in favor of DmC.
Vergil read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and thought Stands were the coolest shit ever and decided to become a Stand. There, everything's explained.

Juraash

I'm pretty stoked for DMC4 actually. I've been jonsing to play it again but the series belongs on PlayStation IMO, and the ps3 gets used less and less as my library for the 4 grows.

DmC I'm torn on. It was an ok game, not great and it didn't feel like Devil May Cry. But with all those changes and a DMC1 skin, I might be able to squint and pretend. But if there's any chance they would decide where to take the series based of which sold more...I wouldn't touch it with 10 ft pole.

David___

Banned
Probably going to get both. I enjoyed what I played of DmC when it got out on PS+. Would've continued if it didn't run like garbage and made my eyes strain.

Top Bottom