• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

I don't understand

image.php

Not at all.

Sure, if you ignore everything that makes it bad.

Not a fan of Demon Tanks!?
180px-Infested_Tank.jpg

MrBS

Welp I can't complain about too may remasters when I plan to buy DMC4SE day one. Bu bu but DMC4! I have to buy it! I'd be losing money if I didn't ;)

Dreavus

No news of PC yet. But I won't be surprised if PC versions are announced after the console versions release.

I've played both of these games to completion and I'd double dip in an instant. Tempted to look into those mods that inspired the new options in DmC now, too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Don't get your hopes up. It seems most PRs and sites are covering DmC:DE while the DMC4:SE announcement is buried sadly.

DMC4SE hasn't been announced yet. Just teased. There will be a press release with a full trailer down the line. Don't you worry.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
DMC 2 is a good game

Nice joke.

But yeah. The DMC HD collection for PS360 is pretty cheap nowadays. Even if its super barebones and they did the most minimum amount of effort required, its still worth it if your looking to play DMC1 and DMC3SE.

This gen really seems like its 80% ports 20% actual new game announcements

Although that's selling short the huge amount of new games coming out next year, do you know why there are so many remasters?

Man I am LTTP with this news but hey it doesn't matter.

I am interested to try all these tweaks they made to DmC, it could be a insight of what would they do for the sequel (if they'll do a sequel that is).

But I am going to buy that DMC4, looks delicious !

Gbraga

From Gregaman:

Yeah, so lock-on is mappable like the other inputs, or you can of course opt not to use it at all. You can also choose to make it a "Hold" input or a "Toggle" input, depending on your play style.

sphagnum

Banned
I've never played a DMC game but after loving Bayonetta on the Wii U I think I'll get these whenever I get a PS4 in x amount of years.

Maybe I'll get the HD collection for the PS3 in the meantime...

Nice joke.

But yeah. The DMC HD collection for PS360 is pretty cheap nowadays. Even if its super barebones and they did the most minimum amount of effort required, its still worth it if your looking to play DMC1 and DMC3SE.

Although that's selling short the huge amount of new games coming out next year, do you know why there are so many remasters?

No joke. I really didn't mind DMC2 or even get why it's hated so much.

From Gregaman:

Nice

So bizarre to have that actually printed on the box. (1080p 60fps)

It's almost like they're saying
"Look [insert angry tabloid YouTuber] WE PUT IT ON THE FRIKKIN BOX! Don't rant".

Dahbomb

There it is. Toggle or hold. They finally got it. They actually one upped Bayonetta in this regard. Kudos.

I'm convinced Capcom has been reading my Google Drive now.
And reading GAF apparently because honest to god I had not seen "May Style" mode reference anywhere except here.

I really can't wait to play this game with all these turned on at once:

Lock On
Turbo mode
Must Style mode
Hardcore mode
Gods Must Die
Can attack all colored enemies
Triple Dash

Would be like playing a completely different game from the original.

I like how this new remastered edition basically stomps all over Ninja Theory's questionable creative design choices and makes it basically a regular DMC game again. The feel of 60fps lmao.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

So how's the "not in a million years" scene going to happen now since the DMC costumes are in-cutscene?

Gbraga

And reading GAF apparently because honest to god I had not seen "May Style" mode reference anywhere except here.

Lock On
Turbo mode
Must Style mode
Hardcore mode
Gods Must Die
Triple Dash

I wish there was a konami code to unlock everything so I don't need to unlock all the moves again.

KePoW

Banned
I actually liked DmC fine, as long as you don't compare it to the previous old games

Obviously not as good as DMC1/3/4, but I still enjoyed DmC and felt it was worth full price to me

This is for the PC version which runs at like 200 fps

DMC4 with Vergil!? More content for an already amazing game. Sign me up.

DmC DE lol

I hope DMC4 gets more features than just a Vergil campagin. The PC only features are a must and I would really like a revamped Bloody Palace without a timer.

When DMC 4 sells a gajillion more than DmC, isn't that proof that Capcom fucked the series up? Is this whole thing a test from one exec to another to show he was right?

Dahbomb

I wish there was a konami code to unlock everything so I don't need to unlock all the moves again.
I think those modifiers are available at the start. So even the first areas will feel a lot different. Getting to S rank just to do damage and the Style gauge reworked seemingly closer to DMC3 level would make for a harrowing experience when you just have Rebellion and E&I.

Lock On
Turbo mode
Must Style mode
Hardcore mode
Gods Must Die
Triple Dash

Makes me think if Angel Dodge will gain another dodge. Maybe one that travels towards the enemy so we can track like with Trickster in DMC4? (Basically being able to move upwards too).

Saladinoo

huuuh funny I just bought DmC for the PS3 a week ago, would have held off if I knew about this... Having said that, I don't think anyone saw it coming.

Really excited about DMC4SE though, never got around to playing it despite loving DMC 1 & 3, was going to pick it up soonish but I guess I'll just wait for this!

Dahbomb

DMC is that bad? Lol, that's the impression I get by reading this thread. (Never played any DMC)
No it's a good game that will become a lot better in this edition. Some people are just salty that it's being made to begin with, when DMC4SE is coming just a few months after it.

Lock On
Turbo mode
Must Style mode
Hardcore mode
Gods Must Die
Triple Dash

I knew I wasn't dreaming. I could have sworn I read someone on GAF putting something similar to the Must Style mode in that DMC5 thread.

Sesha

Lock On
Turbo mode
Must Style mode
Hardcore mode
Gods Must Die
Triple Dash

I've never seen the May Style mode suggested before either. Even back in the GameFAQs DMC3 days I don't remember seeing that, and I distinctly remember stuff like God Must Die being suggested tons of times.

Hopefully stuff like hardcore and Gods Must Die is balanced properly. Nevertheless I'm gonna be playing this like no tomorrow.

Top Bottom