• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition |OT| ...And I've got a bigger change log

Sesha

Instead of a close up of Dante to end the game, it's Kat and Dante walking away, and Dante grabbing Kat's behind.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWGg47RydPA

Wow, that was terrible. What a stupid and pointless addition. If this had been in the original version, then I'd chalk it up to "what can you expect of the story when the game opens with a gratuitous scene of the main character banging two strippers in his trailer", but ugh.

IronLich

The only thing really holding me back from grabbing this Day One is I'm not gonna be able to carry over my PS3 progress.

I mean, I wanna try the new stuff, but it stinks to start from scratch.

But props to both sides for giving this black sheep a second shearing.

Really enjoyed my play through on 360. Will double dip again on ps4 and go for all the keys and trophies. Can't remember why I didn't on 360 another game probably out.

Dominator

Definitely picking this up. Only played about an hour or so on 360 when it came out then got sidetracked so I'm glad to be able to get back into it.

After playing bayonetta 2 I got very jaded over dmc, even though I enjoyed it on the 360 when it came out. It just felt so slow after bayo, but watching that 60 fps video really opened my eyes and I think the improved speed will really help
This game. I'm actually really excited to play it again with these enhancements now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I didn't know that they added extra scenes. I thought it was all gameplay? I wonder if it is only that scene?

There's one additional cutscene that was leaked during one of the streams. I'm sure you can find it if you look. It's pretty short and doesn't really offer anything substantive.

I didn't know that they added extra scenes. I thought it was all gameplay? I wonder if it is only that scene?

Overall, I find this funny; orginally, I thought this would be in 'bad taste,' but given the personality of the character, it makes sense.

I agree, I don't find it offensive or anything, rather I think it completely fits within the tone of the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I agree, I don't find it offensive or anything, rather I think it completely fits within the tone of the game.

It does fit the tone of the game for sure, and it's a fine addition considering the character involved. I'm just not a big fan of the game's overall tone and character, so that reinforcement just elicits a "meh" from me.

kodecraft

Damn, I forgot about this one. DmC is my favorite one in the series. I just got it on PC, been had it since day one on 360.

But I want this new remastered version!

Astral Dog

So thats the new cutscene!?
...Well, its hilarious, at least .
Where is that CE saying that Kat is a grear example of a female character now?
:p

Good OP, i thought Nemesis was going to do it, who is going to do the DMC4 SE one?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sothats the new cutscene!?

Good OP, i thought Nemesis was going to do it, who is going to do the DMC4 SE one?

There's one additional cutscene. That was just tacked onto the end.

Sigmaah has called the DMC4SE OT, I believe.

ezekial45

Banned
Sothats the new cutscene!?

No, there's still the new cutscene before The Plan mission.

Anyway, I like the new ending. It's way better than the stare angrily at the camera bit from the original.

Beth Cyra

Can't say I'm going to support this release with my dollars, but I'm hoping it does well and those askING for gameplay fixes and frames gives the game a chance this time around.

My distaste for it runs to deep but I'm excited to see renewed game play vids come from the community.

ship it

Does every post have to IMO at the end to reassure you that it's their opinion?

of course not, but then usually people don't make it a point to represent others in their opinion (like in what I quoted) to avoid that kind of confusion. I'm not even the person that was mentioning that in the first place, I just made the mistake of trying to explain their position.

we can derail this topic into a debate about that if you want.

Yeah, I was kind of puzzled at that too.

Astral Dog

No, there's still the new cutscene before The Plan mission.

Anyway, I like the new ending. It's way better than the stare angrily at the camera bit from the original.

There's one additional cutscene. That was just tacked onto the end.

Sigmaah has called the DMC4SE OT, I believe.
thanks, i coud only find 10 seconds but its going to be
Kat getting tortured/interrogated?

Ghazi

$30 would've been perfect, but I guess I've still got to pick it up. Never played the original, but a big fan of the series and I hope the new changes make it good.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I've decided to grab this on Tuesday for $32 with GCU. Really need this as I'm really getting burned out on all of the open world games.

zoobzone

Question before I buy the game.

Will I be able to play the game as Dante (Pre-DMC) or Vergil the entire game without seeing the new guy's face?

I hated the look of the new Dante, which is why I never touched the original release.

shit was dead 18 posts ago. dunno why people want to beat the dead horse but whatev.
I'm just glad you clicked my link. Cheers.

I don't know if I can be excited in this game when some of us were asking for these fixes when it first came out. It's nice to see it finally, but it feels too late. Then again I'm really pumped for DMC4SE so maybe I'm not the main target for this. Then again who is? Just people who missed it the first time or for the hardcore fans who skipped over it at first and are just starved? I'm trying to see what Capcom is doing with these two releases. I do look forward to all of DMC Gafs write-ups though. Those are always fun, oh and more combo vids... hopefully.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Question before I buy the game.

Will I be able to play the game as Dante (Pre-DMC) or Vergil the entire game without seeing the new guy's face?

I hated the look of the new Dante, which is why I never touched the original release.

His face will be the same. DMC3 Dante's costume (which was pay for DLC in the original release) is included this time around. They also added DMC1 Dante and DMC3 Vergil. I'm not sure if they're available from the start. There might be a cheat.

I've decided to grab this on Tuesday for $32 with GCU. Really need this as I'm really getting burned out on all of the open world games.

Real talk. Finding it so refreshing to play this even though I already have lol Just playing something more focused with solid and relatively fulfilling combat feels good.

Sanctuary

I don't get it. Last gen was all TPS/FPS everything for the longest time. Is this going to be the gen remembered for nothing but remasters? Plus, just adding a bunch of mods from the PC version? Okay.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

It fits the tone of the game but I still don't like it at all. Changes like that are the kind that would cause me to start drinking.
vcdsut.gif

SkylineRKR

His face will be the same. DMC3 Dante's costume (which was pay for DLC in the original release) is included this time around. They also added DMC1 Dante and DMC3 Vergil. I'm not sure if they're available from the start. There might be a cheat.

They're available right away. I am using DMC1 Dante. During some story cutscenes (such as the trailer opening) its still Donte though.

I think everything is available right away.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Very much looking forward to this. Enjoyed the original release on PS3 but never played the Vergil DLC and am hoping that 60fps and turbo mode help a good deal in speeding up the flow.

SkylineRKR

Very much looking forward to this. Enjoyed the original release on PS3 but never played the Vergil DLC and am hoping that 60fps and turbo mode help a good deal in speeding up the flow.

Oh they do. Turbo mode feels ninja. Framerate never lets down. Its baller.

Glad to see lock-on back, really missed it in the PS3 version. Also, glad to see you can actually damage enemies with the off-color weapon, (even at reduced damage). Found that really annoying.

Top Bottom