• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition |OT| ...And I've got a bigger change log

Great changes for sure, hopefully some of these will be smartly implemented in the eventual DMC5 that will surely be released under current Capcom management.

TreIII

Hmmm...eh, what the hell?

I'm so hungry for something else to play besides Bayo2, that I might just get this while I get my PS4 by the end of the week.

stridemr

Neo Member
Never played a DMC game before but I've played Bayonetta which is similar I think. It's only $40 so I'll probably give it a whirl.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I enjoyed the original and this sounds like a great package they put together to make double dipping a no brainer.

Now with 100% less hat....m'lady

latest

Little known fact about this remaster.

They completely removed Vergils fruity little hat from the game.

WHAT? PRE-ORDER CANCELLED. CAN'T HAVE A GOOD GAME WITHOUT EUPHORIA.

Great changes for sure, hopefully some of these will be smartly implemented in the eventual DMC5 that will surely be released under current Capcom management.

Sorry, but I don't see this happening. Sure DMC 5 is being developed, but Capcom will have a way of mucking things up.

zoobzone

I'm in on this game.

I don't see a mention of Japanese release on this game, so I'm going to have to get it from the US store.

But where is preload?
How big is the game?

Soodanim

Gold Member
I came in to say I'd buy it day one on PC because they've put a lot of effort into it, but then I remembered I didn't finish DMC HD Collection or start Bayo 1+2. I have a lot of work to do.

I came in to say I'd buy it day one on PC because they've put a lot of effort into it, but then I remembered I didn't finish DMC HD Collection or start Bayo 1+2. I have a lot of work to do.

that's good because you shouldn't come in to say that when it isn't on PC anyway

Sagely

Amazing thread title!

I'm really excited to get stuck into this at the weekend; I enjoyed the initial release well enough but these changes are very welcome. Colour-coded enemy fixes, 60fps and turbo mode should make a huge difference; everything else is icing on the cake. Loving the DMC1 costume.

I remember following the original OT in 2013 because I wasn't a member yet - so happy to be able to join the discussion this time :)

Lord Dante

Neo Member
Probably picking this up used one of these days just to see the improvements.
Definitely skipping the cutscenes since the characters/plot weren't my cup of tea.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Are all the costumes available in this release? Neo Dante and such?

SykoTech

Q: I hated the color coded enemies in the original DmC. Have they changed that?
A: The color coded enemies are still in DmC but there have been alterations made to them. You can now damage them with every weapon although using an off color will do reduced damage. Furthermore, hitting enemies with off color weapons with do practically no hit stun. The game still gives you big incentive to hit enemies with the right colored weapon but you can still kill enemies using whatever weapon you want and there is no interruption to game play flow

Hmm...not quite the ideal fix I was hoping for.

Great OT btw ezekial.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hmm...not quite the ideal fix I was hoping for.

Great OT btw ezekial.

Honestly, I'd rather they have implemented the opposite: off colors do little or no damage, but retain hitstun and juggle properties. At least they addressed it in some way, and acknowledged that it was an issue.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Any word on whether the PS4 or Xbox One version is better? Going to be picking this up tomorrow, and with Capcom you never know.

It was definitely much better than what they had before and it encourages using other weapons while not limiting it like the vanilla game did. Would the lower damage mean you could style longer on the enemies too?
Edit: The hit stun thing kind of sucks actually, but I'd probably need to see some more vids

ezekial45

Banned
If I'm reading that right, they kept the "The world is at last your bitch, as am I." but removed everything afterwards? They were better off just removing the whole thing. It was an abysmal, stilted line.

No, they just cut after "The world is at last your bitch."

Top Bottom