• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition |OT| ...And I've got a bigger change log

Now with 100% less hat....m'lady

latest

Little known fact about this remaster.

They completely removed Vergils fruity little hat from the game.

Wait WHAT?! Noooooo! Only Vergil could pull off the fedora.

Verder

Oh I'm so excited to pop this in the PS4 soon

Let's get itttttt
Turbo mode and gods must die right off the bat

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait WHAT?! Noooooo! Only Vergil could pull off the fedora.

Fedora the Explorer.gif

But yeah, Vorgol was the only non-offensive thing in the game. The story was stupid as shit though and I still don't get why Vorgol's "group" wore those blue masks and... didn't really do shit since it was Donte and Kat doing most of the work for Vorgol.

SkylineRKR

Oh I'm so excited to pop this in the PS4 soon

Let's get itttttt
Turbo mode and gods must die right off the bat

Turbo is there but can only be chosen from Mission select screen. Gods must die is locked still. You need to beat the game for difficulties above Nephilim.

Seik

Banned
Hype! I seriously can't wait to do it again on my PS4. It'll be my first time with the DLC, also.

It really ended up being a fun game when it first came out, pleasant surprise that was. My expectations were kinda low.

I wonder if I should order this from Amazon or get it digitally off of the Psn store. I wonder what method will get me playing the game earlier?

jett

D-Member
I may get this somewhere down the line if it ever comes out on PC on the cheap, unless most changes are somehow modded to the regular version. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just want to say thank God DmC Vergil's fedora is gone.

I wonder if I should order this from Amazon or get it digitally off of the Psn store. I wonder what method will get me playing the game earlier?

Unless Amazon offers release date delivery, I think you're probably better off getting it on the PSN store? The PSN store updates on tuesday.

jett

D-Member
This boss in the stream (Mundus' Spawn) doesn't seem any different, or rather seems as just as crappy as I remember.

Fedora the Explorer.gif

But yeah, Vorgol was the only non-offensive thing in the game. The story was stupid as shit though and I still don't get why Vorgol's "group" wore those blue masks and... didn't really do shit since it was Donte and Kat doing most of the work for Vorgol.
They were the resistance and have existed for many years to expose demons and stuff. They were at a stalemate until they found Dante and then Vergil was all like,"Look bro you got this I'ma look cool in the background while you do the important stuff."

Dahbomb

This boss in the stream (Mundus' Spawn) doesn't seem any different, or rather seems as just as crappy as I remember.
Was he playing Hardcore mode and DMD or higher? Because that's where most of the boss changes are.

Greg did show the Bob and Hunter fights and they were definitely changed (more aggressive patterns) but it's not going to be a huge change. Mechanics and strategies should remain the same.

Nemesis_

I'll probably be skipping everything except the nightclub scenes. They were my favourite thing about the last game and easily one of the top ten moments of last gen for me. Fantastic music and setpieces.

I'm interested to see how the enabling of mass affects the gameplay too.

Great OT Ezekiel Too btw

Adaren

Instead of a close up of Dante to end the game, it's Kat and Dante walking away, and Dante grabbing Kat's behind.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWGg47RydPA

Well, one more why-did-they-do-this cringey cutscene to skip. Thanks for the heads-up.

I really thought they would have learned their lessons and improved for a re-release/DmC2.

That's great. She even hits him. lol

That'd make it a little better, but just a little.

Demon Ice

Banned
Now with 100% less hat....m'lady

latest

Little known fact about this remaster.

They completely removed Vergils fruity little hat from the game.

Lolz

Did they also get rid of the "Fuck you!" "Fuck you!" "FUCK YOU!" exchange between Dino and one of the bosses? That was such an eye roller.

Awesome OT! I've been playing Bloody Palace off and on all this week in the original version so I can jump straight to one of the harder difficulties come Tuesday. I'm pretty excited for turbo mode, and I never got the Vergil DLC so I'm pretty stoked to finally get a chance to play it. Tuesday can't come soon enough :)

Reese-015

Says you! I thought that was a funny exchange.

Agreed. The only eye-rolling I did was when people brought that up as evidence of the game's 'bad writing'. Fucking hell. The game is clearly self-conscious and intelligent enough for that kinda dialogue to be *meant* to be stupidly funny. And I loved it.

I enjoyed the demo on PS3. I'm glad I waited to play this now, since I'll be able to experience it for the first time all the tweaks they included.

V_Arnold

Also since tomorrow will be the final day that vanilla DmC is relevant... here's a great combo video for people to enjoy DmC's 2nd anniversary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2homPuDF6o (console version, no mods, no extra modes like Turbo/Hardcore... just the basic DmC combat engine)

Here's to more years of DmC swag!

Fantastic video! Reminded me to how much I enjoyed this game. It really was perfect for my skill level. I will never be a DMC-pro, but I could at least style on my own in DmC, and that is fine. And then Vergil dlc came. Jesus, the jump in style. Amazing.

Lets hope the pc version gets announced soon.

Egg0

Banned
Kind of excited for this. I passed on it last gen, but this seems like a good time as any to get in.

Has it been mentioned that they changed the key system for the challenge doors? You don't have to collect bronze, silver, gold and platinum keys anymore. All keys and doors are painted golden so you can open any door with a key you found.

Fedora the Explorer.gif

Virgil couldn't expose himself, part of his plan was not letting Mundus know there were two Nephilim.

Agreed. The only eye-rolling I did was when people brought that up as evidence of the game's 'bad writing'. Fucking hell. The game is clearly self-conscious and intelligent enough for that kinda dialogue to be *meant* to be stupidly funny. And I loved it.
Let's not get too crazy here, it was just a funny back and forth that's used to troll others. In context it's fine. Out of context is another story lol. Plus they were harping up the story and writing like crazy when they first released it and that wasn't helping.

Let's not get too crazy here, it was just a funny back and forth that's used to troll others. In context it's fine. Out of context is another story lol. Plus they were harping up the story and writing like crazy when they first released it and that wasn't helping.

Thank you.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Y'know, I think I'll give the game a shot. The list of changes in this version sounds promising, and I was at least kind of curious about the game when it first came out.

Dahbomb

Has it been mentioned that they changed the key system for the challenge doors? You don't have to collect bronze, silver, gold and platinum keys anymore. All keys and doors are painted golden so you can open any door with a key you found.
This is the first time I am hearing of this.

Good change IMO.

Top Bottom