• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Isn't too late to preorder and get the bonus? The game would have to be shipped either now or very soon

As others have said, GameStop will let you preorder until the last day before release (I should know, I've worked for them). Also, all preorders codes will usually cover anyone that has preordered, regardless of when they did it.

But I can go pick up my game during my lunch hour, since it's like 15 min from my office in Downtown San Francisco.

Biff

All this talk about preordering confused the shit out of me because I already received the game... Now I just put 2 and 2 together and realize that Future Shop broke the street date. Whoops! lmao. Not complaining :)

The game is awesome and Nephilim is definitely the only starting difficulty acceptable for everyone who is enough of a gamer to be reading this message right now.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Does anyone have the coupon code for GMG. I want the PC version as well and I'm trying to get it as cheap as I can.

There's nothing wrong with him having an opinion, it's just that the brand has a bit of legacy and a lot of controversy and it seems irresponsible to publish a review without doing the research. It's something that's going to make people very angry for this particular game.

As much as I am against the idea of this game, and what amounts to the likely discontinuation of the DMC storyline, the revisionist history about the franchise itself is what troubles me the most. I'd argue that DMC1, 3, and parts of 4 handled the storytelling aspects respectably, and the cutscenes were outrageous to match the pace of the gameplay, as was Dante's characterization, most of which were actually well-recieved irc. 4's main problem was that it was an undeveloped story that got another story inserted between the 3rd and 4th acts.

Also, DmC isn't projected to sell that much better than DMC4, and is roughly getting the same review scores, yet somehow there's the narrative that DMC4 was so bad that the franchise had to be rebooted, like it was on the same level as Spiderman 3. I think Capcom rebooting it and presenting "gamers hate almost everything about DMC" as the mission statement made a lot of people assume that DMC4 was poorly received and a commercial flop, when it wasn't really much of either. A ton of DMC fans were disappointed, sure, but I think a lot of them (myself included) would still consider it one of their favorite games this gen.

I think it's perfectly fair for a review site to judge this against other games on the market and not to the possibility of DMC5 like many "haters" are, but I think not comparing it with the previous entries in the franchise is a bit extreme.

Mike M

Nick N
Just polished off the boss from the demo. The previous mission was the only one to give me any trouble, and even then only the two Tyrants at the very end. They killed me four times : ( Is there a trick to them? I know you can demon pull them while they're stunned after hitting a wall during a charge, but they seem to pop the pull prompt icon at other times. I'm guessing it just appears whenever you get behind them, but they turn pretty quick. Plus all that caustic Slurm on the floor made getting around the room something of a pain...

Also, it's like... Not at all possible to get all items on the first playthrough of a level, right? I'm just telling myself that because I'm missing soooo many lost souls and secret missions, despite tearing the levels apart...

Virgil looks like someone who frequents Pickup Artist blogs.

nelson_lj_button.jpg

but yeah, what a silly ass hat

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is there an install on PS3 and if so, how big is it? I'm running low on space so I need to know if I should clear out the fridge.

K.Sabot

You'd think this thread would be updating now that the game is out.

The artbook that came with my game only has pics of Dante smoking.

Wish they stuck to their guns on their style of Dante, and not this half and half wannabe that makes both sides upset.

Teknoman

You'd think this thread would be updating now that the game is out.

The artbook that came with my game only has pics of Dante smoking.

Wish they stuck to their guns on their style of Dante, and not this half and half wannabe that makes both sides upset.

I dunno, i'm kinda ok with his current style more than his first reveal.

K.Sabot

Lol this game is basically Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Everyone's a demon and they all scream at you to bring you into limbo.

K.Sabot

Ugh, the lack of lock on is killing this game for me.

Double tapping with the Dualshock analog is fucking stupid, and the reason I switched from pad to stick in fighting games (so I could dash better).

Mission 4 and I'm already running into mobs that are immune to 3/4ths of my movelist, I don't like where this game is going.

Ugh, the lack of lock on is killing this game for me.

Double tapping with the Dualshock analog is fucking stupid, and the reason I switched from pad to stick in fighting games (so I could dash better).

Mission 4 and I'm already running into mobs that are immune to 3/4ths of my movelist, I don't like where this game is going.

That's a prevalent problem I had with the game. Time to pull out insert weapon here to deal with insert monster here. It doesn't get any better :(

lol at the OT of the actual game people are bugging out over being on the 3rd page

I know more of ya'll got copies. Drop some of that knowledge for the PC peasants

Jintor

Can't believe how used I am to just tapping right trigger twice to turn into a panther and run rings around fools. Dante feels so slow in comparison :/

The two types of grappling hooks are nice though, but dodge not being pure invincibility frames is bugging me

V_Arnold

I am not sure if we fully understand this part of the game yet, but I have a suspicion.

When some say that there is input lag regarding angel/demon weapon switches and Rebellion, but I think it is not input lag.

It seems that certain Angel/Demon attacks (or maybe all of them) have a property that makes your next hit automatically follow as Angel/Demon attack, even if you stop holding the corresponding triggers. This timeframe seems to be way more obvious when doing air attacks with these weapons, and that is where I noticed it when I simply wanted a helmbreaker finish.

Now, there might be a very easy trick to overcome this property - it is either Dodge or a single shot from a firearm. Or even enemy step, obviously. Or if you have jumps left, a jump cancel. What is important is to learn where you need to do this additional action to clear it up so you can continue the combo with a different weapon.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just got delivery confirmation that DmC arrived...20 minutes before I start work for the rest of the day. In the words of Dante "FUCK YOU!"

Carbonox

Have you guys heard about this? It's a prequel comic about Vergil releasing in France a day after the game comes out.
http://www.xboxfrance.com/news-360-dmc-devil-may-cry-aura-droit-a-sa-bd.html

Month old news, but it's the first I've heard of it.

First I heard of that as well. Shame he doesn't look that badass in the game. :lol

Many aspects of Vergil in DmC irritate me.
He very rarely ever showcases 'awesome', if at all
. I'm hoping for Vergil's Downfall to rectify that.

Top Bottom