• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you keep your chocolate in the freezer or at room temperature

Do you keep your chocolate in the freezer

• Yes

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • no

Votes: 40 59.7%
  • I don't eat chocolate because I am stupid

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

Dark Star

I like putting my Halloween chocolates in the fridge. Like crunch bars and Reese’s. They’re nice when cold.

Freezing seems odd

Room temp is … normal

Maestr0

Autumn, Winter, Spring -> Room temperature
Summer -> Fridge

Except those

B2CD

This, in the freezer

Jsisto

The idea that I’d ever have enough chocolate in my house that I needed to keep some in the freezer to keep it fresh is kind of insane to me. How much chocolate are you guys eating?

Last edited:
I like to leave it out on the counter in a metal bowl with the sun liquifying it and throw some ice cream in there. The rest is stored at room temperature.
Chocolate Baking GIF by Bong Appétit

Last edited:

Soodanim

Usually the fridge, but chocolate definitely has to be cold. Warm chocolate is a disappointing mess.

For those that don't know, the chocolate doesn't freeze. It's more like cold+, so if you like fridge chocolate you'll like freezer chocolate.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Refrigerating chocolate changes its texture and is generally not recommended. Freezing chocolate? I don't understand :D

Of course if it is the American tastes-like-vomit brand of chocolate I guess making it colder makes it less nasty?

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I thought I was the only one who knew about the joy of freezer chocolate.

I don't do it all the time however.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
My friend keeps all chocolate in the fridge at all times. I guess I would on a really hot day but seeing as I live in the UK those days seem to be once a millennium.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Room temperature (air conditioned room temp though so no melting). Except thin mints they sometimes go in the freezer, but they only have a tiny amount of chocolate.

Laptop1991

Only in hot weather to stop it melting otherwise room temp, it depends where u live and the climate you live in i suppose, although and how good your teeth are with cold hard chocolate lol, i do like it though.

GymWolf

Room temperature

It just tastes bad after been frozen, same goes for most types of fruit
Some people prefer a more harder texture to chew and that's why they put fruit in the fridge (other than liking cold fruit).

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
A few things always in the fridge (lol at freezer). Example being mint girl scout cookies.

Otherwise room temp except in the summer.

Top Bottom