• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you love your Mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derwind

Every postive values I have were nurtured by my Mother. As a single mother who worked two jobs and still was a very visible part of her family, I have to say she rocks. She's the strongest person I know.

My Dad however, well he taught me how to be a good Dad by learning what not to do as a Father from his example. Basically, he was/is a shit father.

clem84

Gold Member
She is the most important person in my life. If she were to not be there tomorrow, I don't know what I would do. Sometimes I think if she were to leave suddenly, the thing I would regret the most is not telling her how much I love her.

Damerman

I would take a bullet for her in a heartbeat. Love her to death and hope I go before I see her leave us.

hmmm... thats like a paradox or something... it shows the love you have for her, but at the same time completely disregards everything she has worked for. She would probably want to take the bullet instead of you.

neoism

Both my parents.... >>>>>>>everythang and everyone else....

Literally I dont love anyone else in my family but them... I have 1 sister and 4 half sisters... one cousin Ive lived with since he was 4 and I was 10 and 1 other cousin the brother of the one I live with... I consider them both like brothers... The only person I ever loved more was my PawPaw my moms dad but he died when I was 14....
I think everyday about my parents passing... Its the only thing I'm scared of in this world... I love them sooo much... :) best parents ever...

Yes.

My mother has always been supportive, even when she disagreed with my life choices. I know I can always count on her...the same is true for my dad. That relationship is really important, it is exceedingly unfortunate that some people don't have it.

Yup.

When I was a kid, one of my mom's friends told her, "I wish I was one of your children."

I might not have always appreciated having every minute of every day filled with activities at the time... but I sure do now.

Kjellson

I have got angry at my parents a lot of times, and then five minutes later I'm like "why?". Both my mom and dad have done a lot for me and I love them both.

Sch1sm

More than anything. Not one person's been there for me more than her. And while we butt heads quite a bit, more because I'm unnecessarily stubborn, I could never say I don't love her. Sometimes she gives me money. More importantly she doesn't make me pay rent or for the food in the fridge, the only thing I'm responsible for is my phone bill. Maybe I'm set up for failure in the independent side of life later, but she taught me to save my money and do it well, so there's that.

Beth Cyra

My mother currently wishes I would commit suicide over being happy and being myself.

so I can't say I'm that big of a fan to be honest.

MIMIC

Banned
My mother may nag me all the time for suggested life choices, but she was always there when I needed her. She made good meals every night and gave me a lot of attention. There are some actions I disagree with my mother, but she always want the best for me and my sister. My grandmother and my friend's grandparents recent passings made me realize that life is short. Life is also the sum of our memories. Take charge of your life and enjoy your time on Earth the best you can.

I'm going to help out around the house more often.

I need the back story for why you posted this, lol

But to answer your question: yes. I would do anything for my mom.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Yeah we aight

I love both my parents very much. And most of my other family too. I'm lucky

Error 404

Neo Member
Emotionally, I love both of my parents more than words can express. In my religion, the mother is considered 3 times more important than the father. Once for carrying us, twice for birthing us, and thrice for raising us after our birth.

Trouble

Banned
Hell yeah, my mom is great. She's super likable, all my friends love her. Half of them are facebook friends with her.

Macheezmo

When I was young, like 6-8 or so, my mom would spend most of our money on marijuana and beer for my half-brother and all of his friends who were still in high school. I was forced to stay in my room most weekend because of the parties she threw (thank god for Nintendo). She slept with some of them. There were a few times the parties were so bad my dad would take me and my real brother to a hotel for the weekend. She eventually ran off with some drug addict because he had long hair and could play guitar (no bullshit, that's the reason she gave me). I haven't talked to her in about 20 years, and I don't give a crap. My dad was awesome, but he died about 10 years ago.

It's very hard to describe whether or not I 'love' my mother or not.

She took care of me after my father left when I was only 6 or 7 years old. But as time progressed, she took her pent-up anger out on me. Screaming and shouting at me, comparing me to my 'no-good, lazy, piece of shit father'. It wasn't a fun situation, and it still isn't.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
My mom's awesome. It's crazy how my mom and my wife are like best friends. Like, she's coming over, and they're in pajamas doin their nails and shit. They going out, buying purses and all that fucking shit. But it's all good.

gaiages

Banned
Of course I love her, I wish she was still here. She fought cancer for all of my life, and even in the later years, with having to constantly go to the doctor, chemo, dialysis, and so on, she still tried to provide the best for me, which I could only imagine being incredibly difficult with her illness eating away at her. If only I could tell her thank you.

bsod

Banned
Nope. Physically abused me as a child and now tries to reap the benefits of all my successes to make up for all her mistakes by constantly lying and guilt tripping.

Jigorath

Banned
Of course. When my dad left my mom basically had to raise me by herself. She worked two jobs for many years to take care of us. Even though we barely had any money she would still buy me video games for Christmas and my birthday since she knew how much I enjoyed gaming. Things got a lot better financially when she finished school and became a nurse. By that time I was also able to get a part time job so I could pay for my own stuff. Took me a while until I was able to appreciate everything my mom did for me growing up.

kamakazi5

I guess so but not a lot. She's a severe alcoholic and a plain nasty person when drinking. I try to keep away as much as possible.

I don't know.

I wish she'd take some fucking medication though, her bi-polar, menopause fueled rantings every morning are tearing the family apart.

Ms.Galaxy

I have a weird relationship with my mom. I don't love her, but I feel pity for her, and also hate her at the same time. She made a lot of mistakes in her life, each of which hurt me severely. My father was abusive drunk who hovered me above boiling water and sexually violated me, her decision was to let him continue doing stuff like that until we escaped to the U.S. when I was 6. He did this shit since I was born. (I don't know about Portuguese laws back in the 90s, but I highly doubt she couldn't call the cops after the amount of bruises me and her had from that monster.)

Moving to the U.S. was also a big mistake because she had no financial support once she got into this country and as such, once we had a place to live, she left me alone 80% of the time at home to work in a factory and a restaurant. It got worse when she started dating a guy who raped me for a couple of months straight. The worst part is that she heard stuff from that guy's ex about what he's done to her son and choose to ignore her. Also, that monster was never convicted. He left without any consequences because I was too traumatized to say anything and mom decided to never called the cops on him. Instead, she thought it would be best that she took my more colorful clothes away and cut my hair to make me look more boyish. (I have no idea what made her think that would help.)

After all that, she never told anyone about what happened, no even therapists, who then thought I just had ADHD because of how I was behaving (I never had ADHD), and they gave me a medication that eventually caused me to have NAFLD later on. Because of her idiocy, my liver nearly died, luckily once I was 16 I went to my own physiatrist who saw what truly was wrong with me. My liver is better thankfully.

Through out my teen years, when I was exploring my gender and sexuality, she forced me to not explore them by pretty much ruining my friendships and relationships by embarrassing me and telling me that I'll suffer if I'm gay or someshit like that. I became an outcast because of her, she treated all my friends like muggers. Worse is that my gender dysphoria was starting to show a lot more around that time, so it hurt me more that she was forcing this stupid over-masculinity onto me. When she finally got into a car crash when I was 15, I finally had some damn room to breath and had a relationship with a cute guy I liked. Sad it only last 5 months before she recovered and was taking "care" of me again.

Now she, along with my "family", are trying to stop me from transitioning from male to female by really abusive and disgusting means. I plan to move and completely lose connections with her, because I've had enough of how much she has ruined my life. But at the same time, I feel a bit of pity. In her head she thinks what she's doing and has done was all for the better of me, but never once did she ever say "Is this okay?" to me. She never asked me questions, never considered my opinion; it doesn't help she has bipolar disorder either. Even when that's the case, I can't over look how horrible my life was because of her, nor can I love her after all of that.

gohepcat

Banned
That's...a difficult question but...yea I did love her.
She came from extreme poverty and lacked some parenting skills, but I guess that wasn't her fault. She very much loved me.

I made peace with her before Alzheimer's took her away.

My dad was wonderful but died suddenly when I was 18. Unfortunately your relationship with your parents at 18 is usually not ideal.

I will try my best to correct some of mistakes they made with my children.

linkboy

Yes, I do, but she's to the point where I don't really want to talk to her anymore.

She's a major control freak, and she directs most of that towards my son. She has to control everything, otherwise its a huge guilt trip.

If she buys him something, even if we don't care for it, he has to wear it or use it (like the huge bear that sat in his closet for s year).

Had a huge fight a while back over who his doctor would be, wife wanted one, but my mom was opposed because he's a nurse practitioner instead of a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom