• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you use a case on your phone? If so, which case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My phone went through the laundry, so I got a new one but my original iPhone leather case is destroyed. Trying to decide between the leather or silicone case, but they're both so expensive.

What do you use GAF?

VertPin

My phone went through the laundry, so I got a new one but my original iPhone leather case is destroyed. Trying to decide between the leather or silicone case, but they're both so expensive.

What do you use GAF?

What is even the difference between the leather and silicone case anyways? It just feels different or something?

Clear Incipio case on my iPhone 6S Plus.

rambis

Banned
Nope. Havent for like the last 3 years but I recently upgraded to an S7 Edge so I might need one. Hmmm. They are so beautiful without one tho.

DJ_Lae

My wife and I both have clear Spigen plastic/silicone cases on our phones (6S Plus and 6P). They're great as you don't lose too much of the aesthetic of the phone itself and they make it much less slippery.

Plus they're cheap.

The Silicone case is worlds better than the leather case for the 6S. Grippy, thin and can't get dirty. Been rocking a white one since October and looks like new.

Pezking

I use the Sony SCR46 for my Z5 Premium:

5e4ea5815b3ebc6451aftmygr.jpeg

Very pleased with that combo.

Herne

Just a silicone thing that serves only to protect the back. Screen protection is unnecessary. I have this but don't use it -

f.JPG

Otterbox Commuter

It's been a lifesaver, and I like it quite a lot. It was free, too, because I talked the store into giving it to me when I signed up for my contract. (I actually got a free replacement from Otterbox, too, due to a couple minor issues with the first one).

Apple Leather Case for my 6s.

The Silicone case is worlds better than the leather case for the 6S. Grippy, thin and can't get dirty. Been rocking a white one since October and looks like new.

These are both the best options if you own an iPhone. They look and feel so much better than any of the third party cases.

The leather one definitely wears more poorly than the silicone, but if you get the blue leather case it looks pretty great after a year.

I have a thin case from Society6 which matches the custom theme I made for my phone. It's this one:

It has the additional benefit of being just thick enough to make it so my phone's camera doesn't touch the surface it lays on.

I put a case and screen protector on for two years, and then I take them off and it is like I have a brand new phone that runs like shit.

Namikaze

What do you use GAF?

I highly recommend that you get the silicone case, it's grippier than the leather and unless you get a black leather case, you'll notice awful discoloration after a while. The red leather case was the worst purchase I've ever made for a phone. Got the silicone w/a tempered glass screen protector and couldn't be happier.

Edit: Forgot the obvious, the silicone case is cheaper too. So cheaper, grippier, doesn't discolor like the leather (it does collect more lint, though).

highrider

Banned
I still have a note 3 with tempered glass screen protector and a fitted matte black Spigen case. It actually makes it look more modern that the actual note 3 design lol.

Kisaya

I have the Spigen for my iPhone SE. Looks pretty snazzy, cept the outer layer of it scratched up pretty easily so it's not that attractive anymore. My iPhone is safe at least!

Cat Party

Spigen, don't remember what model. It's the kind with a thin cover the back and a plastic locking ring. Best cases around.

sun-drop

i use a sena ultra slim leather pouch for my S7 edge ... they dont actually make one for the edg7, but the S6 edge + one fits well enough

dpunk3

The Nuud is crap too?? I had a Fre and it was garbage. Recently got a Nuud since it was like $20 on amazon.

The Nuud for my 5 was awesome.

Yea it's shit. Within a month or two those clamps that keep your dock door shut are going to break off, mark my words. The iPhone 5 cases were both great. I swapped off the back of the Nuud case with the front of the Fre case, since I felt a little more comfortable submerging my phone with a fully enclosed case. I liked that option.

Oppo

51WRc3gthHL._SX425_.jpg

Nothing comes close to this.

Topeak RideCase is a superior version of this that also attaches to a bike mount and has its own little kickstand.

my Lifeproof Nuud is fine by the way, no issues, anecdotally.

Spigen stuff seems pretty good too. I have a bumper case from them as well.

weirdly I like the RideCase the best.

Spigen clear hybrid case for my S7 Edge. Slap a decalgirl skin on underneath and you get a great design with fantastic protection, all for about $20

TheExodu5

Banned
Used a Spigen Tougharmor on ny iPhone 6 Plus. Now using a Spigen Slimarmor on my S7 Edge.

I've used others, but the Spigen have great design and are priced well. I don't see myself going with any other cases in the future.

Cowie

Rocking an Incipio NGP on my iphone 6 for near on two years now. No complaints and it's dirt cheap.

It received an overall recommendation from The Wirecutter , and from personal experience has served its purpose rather well. Front lip has been big enough to withstand face drops, which was my only concern with the case coming in.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Never used a case before my S6 Edge, have to use a Spigen case on my S6 Edge because the glass front and back makes this phone fragile as all fuck.

My first S6 Edge's glass cracked on the bottom front right from an ankle height drop on a ceramic floor, which I find ridiculous. Not taking that risk with this replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom