• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want a jrpg localized for vita? Scee wants to know your requests!

Videoneon

The results are indicative of respectable demand for Valkyria Chronicles 3. Considering its competition and the franchise's past history, VC3 performed very well. Seriously, the Tales fanbase is now ravenous for a complete library; they are rabid, and I don't mean that in a bad way. And it was just about 100 tweets short of being on the same level as Type-0.

Fraxin

I am disappointed in the result, I do like the Tales series, however, I do not see it being as the most wanted games, Final Fantasy type-0 and Valkyria Chronicles 3 should've been on top. Are people really not that interested in these games as much as the Tales series?

TheChaos0

I am disappointed in the result, I do like the Tales series, however, I do not see it being as the most wanted games, Final Fantasy type-0 and Valkyria Chronicles 3 should've been on top. Are people really not that interested in these games as much as the Tales series?

Type-0 and VC 3 is something many people wanted for a while, even before Vita.

Ehhh, misread the quote. Tales won? I like the games but those 2 games are not exactly top of the crop. :/

6piiVDp.png

SGwX1n2.png

ZS3ChRq.png

Great. The two clunky ports of lousy DS Tales games beat one of the most unique Final Fantasy games in over a decade.

Thanks, Twitter. Thanks a lot.

Not that this poll was actually going to change anything, but still.

Is anything really gonna come out of this? What if all this is just to show bamco/square that there are hundreds twitter post and they just laught at that and say no. :(

RpgN

You have got to be kidding me. 2 terrible tales games based on the superior DS ones over FF Type 0 and VC3? I hate you tales fans for being so annoying and in the way for games that needed this more.

Soriku

You have got to be kidding me. 2 terrible tales games based on the superior DS ones over FF Type 0 and VC3? I hate you tales fans for being so annoying and in the way for games that needed this more.

It's OK I don't think this campaign will be helping that much either way.

Kyon

Banned
Not Tales finally being more relevant than FF in something for the first time ever... horrible. Feel bad for those of you that havent played Type-o

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The reason why Tales got high is because people assumed what JRPG Vita games they want to see localized only, not necessarily ported. The thread title is what made it so too...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The reason why Tales got high is because people assumed what JRPG Vita games they want to see localized only, not necessarily ported. The thread title is what made it so too...

Type 0 and vc3 fall in the "localization" category too :p
Maybe the title has its part of fault but if you read the tweets after this
you will see that people stopped asking for type 0 because they assumed that type 0 was already done.

It could even be that native vita games are preferred to psp ports or some other reason, gaf(sadly?) does not represent the world.

adixon

Ugh, I really hope Shahid analyzes the data and sees that his tweets affected the votes at that point. There is no way there is as much demand for two boring tales ports as there is for what many say is the best Final Fantasy this entire gen, which has never been released in english!!

Jubern

Haven't played Innocence R so I can't tell, but Tales of Hearts R is shit. Please don't bring that over Type-0.

adixon

I don't even own a Vita but type-0 would literally make me go on amazon and buy one the second it is announced. Getting the psp Suikoden* or an unreleased-in-english Legend of Heroes game would also probably get me on board.

But even if/when I have a vita, I won't be buying those tales ports. Sorry to anyone who's a fan. I'm just Tales'd out at this point.

*A new Suikoden (if such a thing could exist) would make me freak out, call all my rpg loving friends and tell them to buy vitas, and then buy a vita. Though getting a new suikoden on console would be even more amazing.

Takao

Banned
I have to imagine the fact that Baba said the Tales Vita games weren't getting localized helped rally the troops for their cause.

DiscoJer

if this results in just those two tales games being brought over i'm going to be gutted

What if it results in Sony EU simply picking up Valhalla Knights 3 in Europe?

People seem to forget he's a Sony Europe guy. He could be talking about localization from NA.

I hope that's not the case, but I won't be surprised, either.

This is the main problem.

It would be crazy to think they'll look at that and go, "Oh" without taking into consideration every other tweet and game. We wanted the results of this and we got them, it doesn't say anything about what resonated aside from what was possible.

I loved taking part and hope this kind of informal polling takes place more often because I can't think of a better focus group than the hardest of the core.

I voted for the Tales series and I'm happy to see the results.

I do hope multiple games that were mentioned get some Vita love though.

Edit: And I like this Shahid guy.

hongcha

Tales of Innocence R Vita is my second favorite Tales game (behind Tales of Rebirth). It just feels a lot like an old school JRPG, and I am a sucker for that. It is a really wonderful RPG, I wish more people could (and would) play it.

That said, Demon Gaze is one of the most fun, challenging and creative JRPGs on the system. More people should have voted for that.

Why did people vote for Type 0 and Valkyria Chronicles? Neither has a Vita version to be localised (after all, this was a request for localisation, not porting), so it seems like a waste of a vote.

Why did people vote for Type 0 and Valkyria Chronicles? Neither has a Vita version to be localised (after all, this was a request for localisation, not porting), so it seems like a waste of a vote.

Actually wasn't a request for localization, was intended for a polling of all things jRPG for the Vita but the message was lost somewhere along the way and a badly titled NeoGAF post didn't help.

Doesn't really matter though, I think Shahid and team got a nice chunk of feedback from all of us - hope they do more of this stuff in the future.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
AFAIK, Tales of Innocence R had decent improvements over the original one unlike Tales of Hearts R which felt like a downgrade of the NDS version.

creid

Ugh, no Kiseki? ;-;

Did anyone else notice "OperationEnthusiasm" at the bottom? I think his was a result of Tales fans spamming tweets moreso than most respondants really wanting Tales games.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, I guess it's nice to want localized releases of middling games, but...

I'm never going to get Dragon Quest 8.

sajj316

Shahid .. don't listen to those Tales votes. They really mean Type-0. Only listen to GAF. If there is anything I've learned, GAF is always right.

Shinriji

Well done, VitaGAF. Better run on real possibilities of localization with real, released games like Tales and Legend of Heroes: Zero Evolution than Type-0 dream port, make believe stuff.

redlemon

What you would like ported is what he asked for.

I'd take any one of those series, really. While Type-0 would be cool, I'd honestly be content with a Tales or a Valkyria Chronicles game, or any JRPG franchise that you could put on the Vita.

But what I really want to know is why Shahid brought up Alundra! Was it just a personal choice of his?

Top Bottom