• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want a jrpg localized for vita? Scee wants to know your requests!

Final Fantasy Type-0. Brute force Square with requests until it happens.

I don't want to play old games on my Vita. I want to play stuff I haven't seen before, and I want to play good stuff I haven't seen before.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The #jrpgvita poll is closing!

Shahid Kamal Ahmad @shahidkamal 2h

The #jrpgvita polling (remember, this is entirely informal) will be closing by the end of today. Thanks for your interest!

Vote if you didn't!

Vodh

Type-0, boggles my mind it's never been localized. With some minimal effort like a HD remake and a bit of marketing budget from Sony it could be a system seller Vita needs. (tweeted)

Type-0, boggles my mind it's never been localized. With some minimal effort like a HD remake and a bit of marketing budget from Sony it could be a system seller Vita needs. (tweeted)

A French "gaming journalist" that happens to work with Square-Enix (sic) on some occasion said on a website live chat during E3: "Guys, Type-0 is never gonna get released in the West. That is a really stupid story I can't talk about but that's never gonna happen anyway."

I don't say this quote is worth a lot but I figured I had to share.

Me, personally, I just kept going with a few other guys from Sega's forum and just kept posting for VC3.

Ah hell, who am I kidding, even if Sony does try to approach Sega about VC3 on Vita, Sega isn't going to listen unless Sony planned on subsidizing it. And maybe not even then.

#jrpgvita poll is now closed.well now what!?

shahid,will you share the results?
If you're really interested, you should be able to browse the tweets yourself, no? Though I doubt there would be much point beyond creating false anticipation. This is probably just a starting point to help him decide what to read up on and who to talk to first.

3hY6L.png

I'm just going to sit back and pray that Valkyria Chronicles 3 was mentioned at least once in a positive way (IE: Not talked about how "VC2 didn't sell well enough. NEXT!" followed by getting crossed off the list).

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Wait. Does the size of the word indicate frequency? Because there will be blood if they decide to focus their efforts in bringing over Tales of Hearts over Final Fantasy Type 0.

Edit: NOOOOO!! Twitter. What. Have. You. Done?! It should be FF type-0 goddammit!

Combine all of your forces to translate the remaining Kiseki games!

Really though, more than anything JRPGs need to be announced for the system.

And realistically they should translate Over my Dead Body 2.

.la1n

Twitter, you have let me down. Type-0 should have walked away from this the victor without breaking a sweat.

vall03

I am disappointed by the lack of Kiseki... *sigh* Oh well, might as well take a Tales game that has never been localized.

Seda

For the record, Namco (the UK guys specifically) have openly said (on Facebook) they really aren't interested in bringing over the Vita games. They cite Vita's struggles.

DiscoJer

For the record, Namco (the UK guys specifically) have openly said (on Facebook) they really aren't interested in bringing over the Vita games. They cite Vita's struggles.

They also just announced Pac-Man Museum for every platform except the Vita.

But in this case, presumably Sony Europe would be licensing and localizing it? Like NISA/Xseed/Aksys do.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I even signed up for a twitter account just to send in my vote for Type-0. The twitter sphere really let me down on this one.

Vaco6121

They also just announced Pac-Man Museum for every platform except the Vita.

But in this case, presumably Sony Europe would be licensing and localizing it? Like NISA/Xseed/Aksys do.

Namco won't license out Tales to anyone, Xseed(?) tried years ago to license Tales and were denied.

Flamfas

I'm skeptical of Sony's ability to sway Namco, but this is cool nonetheless.

Hell, I don't even care if they skip Innocence/Hearts R, just give me even the inevitable Tempest R going forward and I will be happy.

Tales series?
Seriously?
Anyway, with such a low number of tweets I would not even pay attention to the pool, even considering I saw many people omitting the hashtag.

I'm skeptical of Sony's ability to sway Namco, but this is cool nonetheless.

Hell, I don't even care if they skip Innocence/Hearts R, just give me even the inevitable Tempest R going forward and I will be happy.

Personally, I'd prefer they do that. They finally start trying to catch up with the console releases, I don't what them to have to do the same with the Vita games especially when, given the previous 2 Vita release, Tempest R will most likely be out next spring when we're just getting Symphonia HD.

I voted for Hearts, if they bring it then I'm buying a Vita.

I just voted for it because I heard the ds version was great, is the Vita port bad?

Flamfas

Personally, I'd prefer they do that. They finally start trying to catch up with the console releases, I don't what them to have to do the same with the Vita games especially when, given the previous 2 Vita release, Tempest R will most likely be out next spring when we're just getting Symphonia HD.

Agreed entirely. I want the console titles to not have huge waits any more. ; ___ ;

Also, I can live with Hearts and Innocence's eventual English patches on DS if I really want them in English. Though the R games are better than some people give them credit for, those two DS games still stand up well. Tempest on the other hand ....

Top Bottom