• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want a jrpg localized for vita? Scee wants to know your requests!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Knowing that it's entirely too much to ask to translate all the Sora no Kiseki games, I'll settle for Sen no Kiseki (Trails in the Flash). Hell, I don't even live in Europe, but would import the crap out of that game if it was translated.

That doesn't really work though since you'll (most likely) need the other games for the story in that one to make sense. Even though there are separate arcs each game builds on the previous ones.

Except Nayuta, which isn't really related to the series at all except for the title.

NeededSleep

Not sure what i would like besides Trails in the Sky sequel, or Type 0.

Honestly not sure whats out there to even localize.

Id love a new WildArms, or Breath of Fire.

Type-0
Trails in the Sky 2nd and 3rd (give XSEED some help and publicity and you will be loved.)
Yakuza (any of em)
Suikoden
PSO2
Tales of...
DQ (anything, though 8 would be amazing)
Over my Dead Body
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

and a Visual Novel, so not quite a JRPG but... Fate Stay/Night

He clarified a bit on what the criteria are. Localization begging probably won't hurt though.

jBbkRWRm8EsQq.png

Wishlist? Wishlist.

• Dragon Quest XI
  • Dragon Quest VII, VIII, IX HD
  • Dragon Quest X
  • Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX Remake
  • Final Fantasy XI
  • Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross Remake
  • Chrono 3
  • Mana Remake
  • Xenogears Remake
  • Legend of Dragoon Remake
  • Dark Cloud 1+2 HD Collection
  • Dark Cloud 3
  • Skies of Arcadia HD
  • Skies of Arcadia 2
  • KH: BBS 2
  • Suikoden VI
  • Legend of Dragoon 2
  • Demon's Souls
  • Final Fantasy Type 0 HD
  • Final Fantasy Type I

I couldn't care less for Tales, Star Ocean, Bravely Default, Persona, and the like, but some people might.

In reality we'll be lucky to get something like Disgaea.

If they do another VC, a remake of VC3 on Vita seems likely. Just run it through the Vita HD upres kit or whatever Sony has available and put it up for sale. Low expense/risk, possible profit.

That's more likely than a brand new game on the PS4 that would cost millions..

JokerAceX

So sad to not see a single person even list SMT:Nocturne, digital devil saga, or the Devil Summoner Raidou games :(

Imagine a VC1 port with tropies, hnnnnnnng....

Also, I desperatly want this game (Transport Tycoon Deluxe, but it is not an RPG, but it would be so nice with touch controls. Maybe they should contact Chris Sawyer...

transport-tycoon-deluxe-9049-1.jpg

RpgN

Is it really possible for Shahid, a guy that signs indie games, to get games like FF Type 0 and VC3 on the Vita? Doesn't SE already know how many fans want FF Type 0 or are they that much out of touch?

Well, I tweeted those 2 games along with a bunch of other games being released to EU.

Guys use some imagination - don't ask for VC3 only - ask for whole VC trilogy on Vita ;)

Is it really possible for Shahid, a guy that signs indie games, to get games like FF Type 0 and VC3 on the Vita? Doesn't SE already know how many fans want FF Type 0 or are they that much out of touch?

Well, I tweeted those 2 games along with a bunch of other games being released to EU.

He is third party relationship manager not indie only guy.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks everyone for your feedback. We'll keep an eye on this thread too.

Thanks to you!
I knew that opening this thread was a good idea!
Shamefully i have no twitter lol so i post here my list:

psp jrpgs:
type 0 obviously lol
grand knights history
valkyrie chronicles 3
queen's blade spiral chaos
shining games

amazing not-jrpg psp games:
daganronpa 1 & 2
yakuza black panther 1&2
kenka bancho games
monster hunter portable 3

vita jrpgs:
holy sorcery story
trails in the flash
phantasy star online 2
Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity
Mind Zero
over my dead body sequel
Demon gaze

amazing not-jrpg vita games:
true night of the kamaitachi
senran kagura
monster monpiece
picotto knights(eu)
samurai & dragons
hatsune miku project diva f
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
assault gunners
daganronpa sequel

Other random games i dream of:
kingdom hearts birth by sleep 2
persona 5
fallout 3/4 spinoff and other open world western rpgs sequels/spioffs
xcom spinoff
open world games(a saints row sequel/spinoff would be awesome)
demon's soul sequel/spinoff
a new yugioh tag force
heroes of might & magic 3 port/remake(this would be awesome and simple to do, and maybe easy to obtain too i guess since it's from ubisoft)
might & magic 6 port/remake
chaos legion port/remake/sequel/spinoff/whatever just gimme something!

All the strategy, managerial, rts etc(basically all the mouse oriented genres that can be played with the touchscreen) games you can get lol.
All the very good(only those) mobile games you can get lol

I guess it's enough for now lol

I would be first in line to buy a a Vita port of Skies of Arcadia. Grandia 2 would be a nice addition too, if only because of its great gameplay during fights. A new Wildarms would be fine too.

I'd like a new game in the veins of Jeanne D'Arc, I'm replaying it on my old PSP and I really like its "casualness" compared to a Disgaea game.

Convincing Banpresto to make a Super Robot Wars with IPs it owns so its's not a nightmare to localize outside of Japan would be fine. I never had a chance to play one of theses games and I really would like to (I don't want to play in japanese).

ARPGs would be cool too. I never played Alundra but a remaster would be great.

linkboy

Suikoden II PSN.

I don't want to have to hack my PSP mode of my Vita to play that game on it.

It's something that should have happened a long as time ago.

Sakujou

Banned
please make a retail type-zero with a booklet, instruction manual and whatever..... but PLEASE RELEASE THIS GAME AS RETAIL!!!!!!

I say this list from above

Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest VII, VIII, IX HD
Dragon Quest X
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX Remake
Final Fantasy XI
Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross Remake
Chrono 3
Mana Remake
Xenogears Remake
Legend of Dragoon Remake
Dark Cloud 1+2 HD Collection
Dark Cloud 3
Skies of Arcadia HD
Skies of Arcadia 2
KH: BBS 2
Suikoden VI
Legend of Dragoon 2
Demon's Souls
Final Fantasy Type 0 HD
Final Fantasy Type I

but also

Suikoden 1 and 2 for Vita
Suikoden HD collection (3,4,5 and tactics)
Azure Dreams
Vandal Hearts 1 and 2
Breath of Fire
Legend of Heroes Vita games
Legend of Dragoon 1 (PS1, EU STILL doesn't have this)
Tales of Hearts R (a Vita game in Japan as are all games lower than this one)
Tales of Innocence R
Demon Gaze
Sei Madou Monogatari
Sengoku Hime 3
Genkai Totsuki Monster Monpiece
Lord of Apocalypse

With honorable mentions to a few non jrpgs in Japan on Vita

Moe Moe Daisensou * Gendaiban ++
Sangoku Koi Senki: Otome no Heihou!
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus -Shoujotachi no Shoumei-
Sangokushi 12

RPGamer92

Banned
If they're watching this thread then: PERSONA 5 PERSONA 5 PERSONA 5 PERSONA 5 PERSONA 5 PERSONA 5 PERSONA 5
Also obligatory Type-0 request as well!

So sad to not see a single person even list SMT:Nocturne, digital devil saga, or the Devil Summoner Raidou games :(
Let me cheer you up a little then.

Shahid's job is "strategic content" acquisition, so I suppose he looks for holes in the Vita's catalog and tries to fill them. Indies probably became the focus first since it mean he got get a lot of good titles ported relatively quickly, but now that there's a steady stream of them he can start looking at bigger targets.

Type 0 is clearly a tougher nut to crack, but I'm sure there are incentives like marketing support Sony can offer SE to help them decide what to do with the title.

They've already been translated. They are available on other supports. We might as well ask for stuff that is not translated and/or available on other supports. At least that's what I do. Because there are tons of JRPGs if we go that way and I don't wanna flood the suggestions for JRPGs we didn't simply have in the West in between the list of every PS1/PS2/whatever JRPG.

And I'm saying that as a huge fan of the DDS series.

Rashid

Banned
Type-0
Trails in the Sky 2nd and 3rd (give XSEED some help and publicity and you will be loved.)
Yakuza (any of em)
Suikoden
PSO2
Tales of...
DQ (anything, though 8 would be amazing)
Over my Dead Body
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

and a Visual Novel, so not quite a JRPG but... Fate Stay/Night

I was under the impression they had just delayed the localisation for it in the west but it was still happening?

Aurizen

I think we all agree that Final Fantasy Type-0 needs to be localized, A lot of RPG needs to be localized. Also Monster hunter needs to be on the Vita. any new games from SE would be great too. Phantasy Star Online!

New Alundra would be pretty awesome (only if in the style of the original 2D top down!).

Type-0 and Valkyria Chronicles 3 are the localization/PSP ones for me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
psp jrpgs:
queen's blade spiral chaos
Wow, forgot about the Queen's Blade game on PSP, though I think I'd prefer the sequel Queen's Gate. Had a ton of crossover characters from anime & games like Wonder Momo, Mai Shiranui from KoF, Dizzy from Guilty Gear, Lili from Tekken, Ivy from Soul Calibur, Katja from Seikon no Qwaser, Noel from BlazBlue, and more. Heck yeah I'd like to see this. Though at this point, I'm not getting my hopes up...

Lttp, but I wonder if what shahid mean is more about what kind of jrpg do we want. Theres a lot of subgenre of rpg lately, from action rpg, strategy rpg, and lately the trend seems to be dungeon crawler rpg. While I dont mind dungeon crawler, I want more traditional rpg like the old times, suikoden 2 is one of my fave rpg, I hope there are more games like it

DiscoJer

Lttp, but I wonder if what shahid mean is more about what kind of jrpg do we want. Theres a lot of subgenre of rpg lately, from action rpg, strategy rpg, and lately the trend seems to be dungeon crawler rpg. While I dont mind dungeon crawler, I want more traditional rpg like the old times, suikoden 2 is one of my fave rpg, I hope there are more games like it

We've been getting dungeon crawlers because they are simpler to localize, with almost no story.

I'm skeptical that this is anything but a PR stunt. They probably have a game or two lined up to localize, and are using this to boost interest. They'll say "Fans wanted it, so we did it".

But considering what people are asking for, they likely are just going to be disappointed. Type 0 seems to be the only reasonable "big" game.

Takao

Banned
I was under the impression they had just delayed the localisation for it in the west but it was still happening?

The Vita version was never announced for localization.

What was the name again of that Japanese Detective title on PS Vita?
It looked a bit like Phoenix Wright. I would LOVE to have it on the Vita.

Time Travelers, Special Reporting Division, True Night of the Kamitachi?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wow, forgot about the Queen's Blade game on PSP, though I think I'd prefer the sequel Queen's Gate. Had a ton of crossover characters from anime & games like Wonder Momo, Mai Shiranui from KoF, Dizzy from Guilty Gear, Lili from Tekken, Ivy from Soul Calibur, Katja from Seikon no Qwaser, Noel from BlazBlue, and more. Heck yeah I'd like to see this. Though at this point, I'm not getting my hopes up...

Yeah those characters are a good reason to buy gate, but i don't like the design of the other characters and in general the characters doesn't blend well together imo, i prefer a more cohesive cast like in blade(i saw the anime though lol, why my beloved shizuka is not playable? :( )

Top Bottom