• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want a jrpg localized for vita? Scee wants to know your requests!

Sqorgar

Banned
Twiiter voted for the freaking Tales series and no mention of Persona or PSO2 on that cloud thing? Eugh.
Tales fans have been repeatedly screwed, not seeing localization of the very best games in the series - or getting the GBA version of Phantasia, which is borderline unplayable. They've had to put up with poor translations, unvoiced skits, missing skits, and even half of an entire game unvoiced. And the fans are almost always blamed for new games not coming out. They just needed to show more enthusiasm!

I'm not saying the Tales games are better games, or that Tales fans are even more deserving, but no other fanbase has been this abused for this long. By comparison, Persona and PSO fans have been well taken care of.

I can't really think of a gaming fanbase that is treated worse... though I count myself as a Sega and Capcom fan, and it don't feel so good.

Arzehn

Tales fans probably got a hold of Shahid's tweet and posted it on some forum. Shame really, starting a discussion for a new Alundra, Suikoden, Dark Cloud, or VC would have been great and had potential for the Vita. Localizations of mediocre Tales games over Type-0... is ridiculous.

boingball

I want Trails 2, VC3 and Type-0 localized. VC3 and Type-0 will never happen though. Trails 2 could happen with some moneyhatting.

Did not participate in the twitter campaign, because there is no Vita JPRG I want localized. (The above are all PSP RPGs, the PSP was/is great, the Vita not so much, SCEA treats the Vita only as a (very expensive) accessory for the PS4 and SCEJ is just trying to throw MH clones on the Vita in the hopes that one of them is successful (good luck with that)).

I want Type-0 and VC3. Don't care if they're PSP games. Don't see how either of these games couldn't make a profit in some way. Even if they had to go digital only, I wouldn't care.

Especially if Type-0 is localized already, sheesh. The Valkyria franchise could still be viable.

Type-0, maybe. Got a bad feeling that Sega is going to do their usual "lalalala not listening!" when it comes to Valkyria Chronicles 3. Hell, I just noticed that the site for VC1/2 is a 404 page now. They want to act like it never existed in the west, and they'll likely keep at it unless Sony gives them a hell of an offer.

Giygas AF

I would like to see more SRPGs on Vita. Also does anyone think I would like Disgaea 3? I love Fire Emblem Awakening. How does it stack up?

Feorax

@shahidkamal: Status on what’s happening about #jrpgvita - we have raised the community’s interest (including GAF) with some partners.

Interested to see what comes out of this, if anything.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Tales fans probably got a hold of Shahid's tweet and posted it on some forum. Shame really, starting a discussion for a new Alundra, Suikoden, Dark Cloud, or VC would have been great and had potential for the Vita. Localizations of mediocre Tales games over Type-0... is ridiculous.

% chance of Atlus porting EP to Vita: Very Low
% chance of Square porting Type-0 to Vita: Very Very Low
% chance of Sega caring about Valkyria Chronicles: Never going to happen
% chance of Konami even remembering that they own Suikoden: AHAHAHAHAHAHA

% chance of Namco localizing those Tales games: Low but hey, who knows.

I think people were just voting strategically.

There was a new Suikoden game last year ...

Based on how they marketed and promoted that it wouldn't surprise me if they planned for it to be the last.
It didn't bomb extreeeemely, but it still sold less than Tierkreis if I remember correctly.
Adding to that the recent focus change by the company the expectations of seeing another one are very low.

EDIT: Plus we're talking about localizations here... :p

ReaperXL7

I wonder (if he did) if Shahid would admit having anything to do with todays announcements. He says he knew that games people wanted were coming, but he is not permitted to announce them, announcements are not his place.

I guess we will know if we see Alundra return, tales get localised, or Type 0 though SE did just recently state they will support PSM so that could be a positive sign.

Mokubba

It's unbelievable that we need to beg for a FF game to be localized.

After Dissidia and Crisis Core I thought Type-0 was a done deal but this just made me even more disappointed.

I get that Tales won because it's actually a Vita game instead of a remastered PSP game but it just reminds me of the whole situation which annoys me.

With Type-0 in third position, I think it's still in a stronger position so there's a glimmer of hope.

Top Bottom