• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want a jrpg localized for vita? Scee wants to know your requests!

TheChaos0

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We'll keep an eye on this thread too.

Thanks for everything, Shahid!

ValkyriaChronicles3ExtendedVita.jpg

You are making me cry inside.

Baust

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
Sen no Kiseki
Zero no Kiseki
Final Fantasy Type-0
Suikoden II (PSN Release)
Valkyrie Profile (PSN Release)
Valkyria Chronicles
Persona 3 FES
NIER
Phantasy Star Online 2

It would definitely be nice to get more PS1 Classics, especially JRPG wise.

EMT0

Banned
Well, it's pretty straightforward for me.

-Type-0
-Phantasy Star Online 2
-Persona 3 FES mashed together with Persona 3 Portable to give us an expanded Persona 3 Platinum

Galamauth

Also, look at this, it just looks so awesome in widescreen!
This is the PSP version of Suikoden II, only released in Japan.
I would do almost anything for this to hit the west.

sadly, it's not all as good as that shot
because of the widescreen format you can see the archers in position to shoot Luca in the final battle with him where as in the original it cut left to them as a surprise

BasilZero

Done.

-Final Fantasy Type-0
-Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (PSP)
-Legend of Heroes (Anything)
-Tales OF series (Anything)

Twitter? Aww, come on. Comments on a blog or something is much more preferable.

Just saw this:

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We'll keep an eye on this thread too.

Yay! Thanks.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 and FF Type-0, also some more in the Trails in the Sky series.

Suikoden II on PSN would literally blow my mind. My favorite RPG of all time. Shahid, Suikoden II on PSN would do really well IMO aaaaand Suikoden I is incomplete without II, they are directly connected stories/worlds.

Also, my personal list is:

Monster Monpiece
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Final Fantasy Type 0
Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki
Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
Demon Gaze
Holy Sorcery Story
Phantasy Star Online 2
Conception II
Mind=0
Tales of Innocence R
Tales of Hearts R
X-Tetra
World Neverland

Also, Shahid, for the love of god, PLEASE try convincing Marvelous to put a Harvest Moon game on Vita?! We have nothing like that natively and lots of us have been dying for that type of experience on Vita ;(

Yuterald

Off the top of my head...First and foremost, all Falcom PSP titles.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in...all of it.
Brandish
Zwei!!

After that I would want the following:

The Last Ranker
King's Field Additional I & II
Valkyria Chronicles III
Suikoden I & II

I could take or leave:

Type 0

Can't think of anything else at the moment. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of obscure stuff still that looked/sounded interesting.

7th Dragon
Demon Gaze
Mind=Zero
Trails in the X games
Tales of games
SMT/Persona/good old Atlus demon games
Type-0 (seriously wtf is this)

And if there's any way to bring back some beloved PS1/2 era series such as:
Wild Arms
Shadow Hearts
.hack
Breath of Fire
Suikoden
Grandia
Lunar
Well, that'd be neat, too.

If Sony gets the rpgs on this system, I will buy it. BRAND NEW. With my American dollars.

Awesome.
Thanks for thinking of the JRPGs Shahid! (The more cool JRPGs for Vita and PS4 the better, thanks!)

Final Fantasy Type 0
Valkyria Chronicles 3
X-Tetra
More of the Legend of Heroes games
God Eater 2
Mind 0
Freedom Wars
Tales games that get made for Vita, including currently Tales of Innocence R, Tales of Hearts R

Wild Arms, Legend of Dragoon, Dark Cloud to make a comeback with a new game (for 3rd party: Suikoden or Grandia/Lunar-type).

Overlooked PSP title that we sadly missed that I'd love: Last Ranker.

Would love any of these for my Vita.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Am I allowed to post FFXII more than once? Does it count? Cause I could do this alllllll night. And tomorrow. And the next day. And the day after that. And the next, and so on and so on and so on, etc.

Well, here's a glass raised to seeing titles like Valkyria Chronicles 3 and FF Type 0 localized through the power of Sony's influence.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Also... I never got to finish that sweet Dragon Quest game that was on PS2.

Vita would be wonderful for that one. :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Is Ys Celceta confirmed for the west? If not, Ys Celceta.

Might as well post some more ideas in here too.

New installments/enhanced Vita ports of games from the following series:

Lunar
Wild ARMs
Suikoden
Valkyrie Profile
Star Ocean
Grandia
Tales of...

More realistic choices than those:

Final Fantasy Type-0
Valkyria Chronicles
New Ys game
Persona 5
New Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy XII Vita

Also, as hinted, I would love a new Alundra game that takes after the original!

Drachma

Banned
I'm liking that Sony (Or Shahid at least...) is soliciting these requests from us, but has it been said why he's asking about JRPGs in particular?

I'm not complaining here, just curious.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If they're looking at the thread here:

- Valkyria Chronicles 3 (should get back to VC2)
- Conception 2
- Grand Knights History
- Tales of.... games made/ported on Vita
- FF Type-0
- Half Minute Hero 2 AKA Half Thirty Second

Also tweeted most of these. Really hope something good happens because of this.

Folstern

Phantasy Star Online is one I totally forgot about. Would love to have that here, for certain. A new Demon's Souls, or new Final Fantasy Tactics/Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre game would be great too.

Alboreo

I just really want Phantasy Star Online 2 in English.

Also:

Zero no Kiseki
Gods Eater Burst 2
Monster Monpiece
Dragon Quest
Wild Arms
Breath of Fire

And totally not a JRPG so shameless plug:

Senran Kagura

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd love to see some PSP Up-ports. Another thing I'd like to see is some relevant games from series that have some kind of previous-upcoming US representation...

PSP Wise (Straight ports for US/West, or UpPorts for Native Vita releases):

- Shining (series) Games on PSP: Wasn't the latest one basically a melee-focused Valkyria battle system? Famitsu scores look good too.. why no more calling out for these?

- Valkyria Chronicles 3: The Artbooks came out here. You can even find the VK1 anime on Crackle, last I checked. And Project X Zone contains a few characters. Would love to see this happen.

- Wild Arms: I miss these games. Bring it on back!

- Sword Art Online? - The Anime is going to be on Toonami this August... is it worth bringing the game over to go with TV / DVD / Blu-ray releases? (I've no idea how good the games are...)

- Suikoden Series - Hey, I still want Suikogaiden! I'll take a PSN release of Suikoden Tactics as well.

- Falcom games: Unlike many JP games now-a-days, Falcom rarely releases anything I have to shake my head over; I really wish every odd title they have to find it's way here. Brandish looks cool!

PSV:

- Holy Sorcery Story: This looks charming, and there seems to be few Rogue likes on Vita. I've never seriously gotten into the genre, but the Vita would be a perfect platform to play one on.

- Legend of Heroes series: Make it so. If Sony could help buffer some additional Translation support, to help these games get ported for US release, I think they'd make some good friends, going into the PS4 Era...

- "Over My Dead Body" series: Really like the amount of style I'm seeing for this. Looks like a classic, straightforward RPG in many ways. I feel like there's too few of those now-a-days.

------

Series I'd like to see revived:

Jeanne d'Arc
Dark Cloud
Rogue Galaxy
...Jade Cocoon?

B.O.O.M

I'd love to see some PSP Up-ports. Another thing I'd like to see is some relevant games from series that have some kind of previous-upcoming US representation...

PSP Wise (Straight ports for US/West, or UpPorts for Native Vita releases):

- Shining (series) Games on PSP: Wasn't the latest one basically a melee-focused Valkyria battle system? Famitsu scores look good too.. why no more calling out for these?

- Valkyria Chronicles 3: The Artbooks came out here. You can even find the VK1 anime on Crackle, last I checked. And Project X Zone contains a few characters. Would love to see this happen.

- Wild Arms: I miss these games. Bring it on back!

- Sword Art Online? - The Anime is going to be on Toonami this August... is it worth bringing the game over to go with TV / DVD / Blu-ray releases? (I've no idea how good the games are...)

- Suikoden Series - Hey, I still want Suikogaiden! I'll take a PSN release of Suikoden Tactics as well.

- Falcom games: Unlike many JP games now-a-days, Falcom rarely releases anything I have to shake my head over; I really wish every odd title they have to find it's way here. Brandish looks cool!

PSV:

- Holy Sorcery Story: This looks charming, and there seems to be few Rogue likes on Vita. I've never seriously gotten into the genre, but the Vita would be a perfect platform to play one on.

- Legend of Heroes series: Make it so. If Sony could help buffer some additional Translation support, to help these games get ported for US release, I think they'd make some good friends, going into the PS4 Era...

- "Over My Dead Body" series: Really like the amount of style I'm seeing for this. Looks like a classic, straightforward RPG in many ways. I feel like there's too few of those now-a-days.

------

Series I'd like to see revived:

Jeanne d'Arc
Dark Cloud
Rogue Galaxy
...Jade Cocoon?

Swords arts Online game looked like crap. I think we are ok without it

Knowing that it's entirely too much to ask to translate all the Sora no Kiseki games, I'll settle for Sen no Kiseki (Trails in the Flash). Hell, I don't even live in Europe, but would import the crap out of that game if it was translated.

Top Bottom