• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA5 Gameplay videos.

Ken

Random question: have they said anything about making DoA5 more accessible to newcomers? I bought DoA4 and the 3DS version and was pretty confused with both titles and ended up not really getting into them.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Stilted jumpy animations? Sure bro.

I find statements like this fascinating, because I've always considered most other 3D fighters to have pretty awful animation compared to DOA. Character choreography has always been one of the strengths, in my opinion.

DR2K

Banned
Random question: have they said anything about making DoA5 more accessible to newcomers? I bought DoA4 and the 3DS version and was pretty confused with both titles and ended up not really getting into them.

That's always their goal, I believe they'll be doing something in story mode that will help explain the system at the same time, similar to how DOAD did it. They added an online training mode, which will be a huge tool for players to teach and learn.

Imm0rt4l

Good to see Brad Wong is back. I'm actually fine with the fact that they ditched his drink system. He looks like he'll still be a contender.

Also, dat Rig.

Nonsense. TTT2's new tag combo system is the most stylish thing in any recent fighting game, by far. Insane fluid sequences of dynamic attacks. And regarding the cast, are you really going to tell me that characters like Yoshimitsu, Kunimitsu, Raven, Hwoarang, Lili, and Christie aren't stylish? Whatever. Watch some more videos and then we can talk.

Not to mention the music and stages are fucking awesome. Sure you don't get to see character get knocked off a waterfall or off a skyscraper only to fight on a new arena, but what Tekken does offer in terms of layered stages adds more than enough from a competitive standpoint.

Ken

That's always their goal, I believe they'll be doing something in story mode that will help explain the system at the same time, similar to how DOAD did it. They added an online training mode, which will be a huge tool for players to teach and learn.

Thanks. Makes me feel a little better about my preorder.

YoungOne

I think I saw it will be uploaded on youtube or something like it. If I find anything about it I'll let everyone know here.
Judging from their other tournament at E3 I'm surely it will end up on youtube. How fast will that be? There I don't really know.

For now leaving this link here unless there will be an official thread for that. http://en.twitch.tv/iplfighters

3PM - Doors Open; Casual Play
4PM - First Qualifying Pool (single elimination)
6PM - Second Qualifying Pool (single elimination)
8PM - Top 8 Finals (double elimination)

Those were some good matches in top 8 specially that comeback Punishere did.

Dantis

Nonsense. TTT2's new tag combo system is the most stylish thing in any recent fighting game, by far. Insane fluid sequences of dynamic attacks. And regarding the cast, are you really going to tell me that characters like Yoshimitsu, Kunimitsu, Raven, Hwoarang, Lili, and Christie aren't stylish? Whatever. Watch some more videos and then we can talk.

I think we have a different opinion of what makes something stylish.

Top Bottom