• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does PS Vita exist / Lack of Vita games at E3

Even more, nothing about Bioshock says "playstation" to me. I know there's the Bioshock Infinite Move Support and pack in but that's not even out yet. This seems more like 2K throwing Sony a bone than anything else.

demigod

That was a piss poor showing of the Vita. Ass Creed isn't going to save it. I can't believe they didn't moneyhat Capcom for a Monster Hunter game. Kaz = fail.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Gemüsepizza;38537721 said:
Yep. No software.

nogames2xc9w7.png

Did you just list Reality Fighters? Really? That's the worst game I've played in years. And I review games, I play a whole lot of awful games.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Rayman Legends is coming for Vita and for that I will hold on to mine. Not that I would sell it anyway.

This whole PSV has no games reminds me of the PSP launch which was getting it's ass kicked by the DS until they got their shit together.

Look at it now, not the biggest seller but it has a fantastic lineup.

I don't think this is the same thing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Big Daddy confirms that that game isnt only about iconic characters in terms of 3rd party tho so its possible for any character to make it. Fat Princess isnt iconic either but she is one of the few PS female characters so she makes sense.

Well, pulling off more recognizable characters won't hurt, especially when this game is--whether anyone like it or not--going to be compared with the juggernaut that is Super Smash Brothers.

For the record I too can't pull off any female characters from Sony roster from memory.... except maybe Heavenly Sword's Nariko and the new girl from The Last of Us... Oh and probably Ico's girl (what's her name, Yoda?) and the girl from Shadow of the Colossus?

For whatever its worth, let it be stated on record that I am very tempted to buy Vita due to Persona 4 Golden (the original game gave me one of my fondest gaming memories in the ps2 era so having it in a portable system would be tremendously awesome) and Soul Sacrifice (if it has strong single-player component, though....)

Averon

Doesn't that destroy the 3D effect though? I want both -_-, it's why I never used the feature for Ocarina of time.

I really don't understand the Vita hate when the 3DS had the exact same problem and isn't completely out of their situation just yet. I don't even own a vita.

The difference, at least for me, is that Nintendo made it very clear they will act to make sure the 3DS won't flounder. They went as far as doing an emergency price cut and instituting an ambassador program. Now, it's unrealistic to expect a Vita price cut this early given Sony's financial status. However, there is a lot more that they can do to instill confidence that they won't abandon the Vita. For Christ's sake, they didn't even bother to put up a shitty Vita montage. More time was spend on some Move AR game than their just released new handheld. These moves imply that Sony thinks Vita is an after-thought. And given the platform's precarious situation, that's the very last thing it needs. The Vita needs Sony pushing it as hard and as much as possible for it to survive. We got exactly the opposite of that last night.

Onemic

I am honestly surprised by his inclusion since I am not entirely sure he is iconic enough to be entered in an all-star character battle royale.

Someone like... maybe the Prince from the Prince of Persia would be a better fit, I think.

Well, those two are highly interconnected to one another so it kind of hard not to touch one subject when discussing the other. Can't reasonably expect developers to continue pouring resources making quality games for Vita if the platform itself is not selling well, now, can you?

I don't think you get it or are intentionally ignoring what I'm saying. The op was not about the vita not having games that will sell, it was about having good games. Pretty much 100 percent of posters in here were arguing about the vitas games, not in relation to sales, but the quantity of quality titles. When posters began posting how the statement is skewed especially so in regards to nintendos state which is pretty much in a similar situation, those bashing the vita switch their tone from being about the quality of games, to a games selling power. Do you not see how this is being disengenuous? Do you not see how you're simplY shifting the discussion to something else entirely to save face? If this was a thread about the lack of selling power of vita games, I wouldn't be calling you out as there would be nothing to suggest you weren't being disengenuous by changing the subject to fit your argument, unless you started talking about quality or something other than the number of games sold.

This shit is looking like blind fanboyism now.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't think you get it or are intentionally ignoring what I'm saying. The op was not about the vita not having games that will sell, it was about having good games. Pretty much 100 percent of posters in here were arguing about the vitas games, not in relation to sales, but the quantity of quality titles. When posters began posting how the statement is skewed especially so in regards to nintendos state which is pretty much in a similar situation, those bashing the vita switch their tone from being about the quality of games, to a games selling power. Do you not see how this is being disengenuous? Do you not see how you're simplY shifting the discussion to something else entirely to save face? If this was a thread about the lack of selling power of vita games, I wouldn't be calling you out as there would be nothing to suggest you weren't being disengenuous by changing the subject to fit your argument, unless you started talking about quality or something other than the number of games sold.

This shit is looking like blind fanboyism now.

Well, now that you have called me a blind fanboy despite me having no ill intention whatsoever towards you, I think I should just quit this discussion.

I also think you "don't get it", but I wouldn't call you a blind fanboy or anything like that. Thanks anyway for bearing with me for a while, mate.

Not everyone has a PS3/console who owns an 3DS/Vita so console ports shouldn't be dismissed imo

Well, in this case, what are the reason to purchase PSVita with PS360 costing less and with a far better line-up, given the fact that future PSVita line-up does not have so many exclusive?

Sye d'Burns

Well, pulling off more recognizable characters won't hurt, especially when this game is--whether anyone like it or not--going to be compared with the juggernaut that is Super Smash Brothers.

For the record I too can't pull off any female characters from Sony roster from memory.... except maybe Heavenly Sword's Nariko and the new girl from The Last of Us... Oh and probably Ico's girl (what's her name, Yoda?) and the girl from Shadow of the Colossus?

For whatever its worth, let it be stated on record that I am very tempted to buy Vita due to Persona 4 Golden (the original game gave me one of my fondest gaming memories in the ps2 era so having it in a portable system would be tremendously awesome) and Soul Sacrifice (if it has strong single-player component, though....)

They should have moneyhatted GTA IV's 6 fingered lollipop girl from Rockstar.

ApsIb.jpg

Now those would make some interesting specials

Afrikan

I have Vita versions of games I usually buy for consoles.

games like Fifa and MLB The Show.... I passed on the console versions.

so how are these two games not considered *games*, if i'm able to play them where ever I go and i'm having fun?

I'm getting Madden for both the Vita and PS3 though. But I can still see myself choosing the Vita version of other multiplat titles down the road, instead of the console version.

The Vita also opens an opportunity for me to give a game series a chance that I wouldn't have before. Because the investment wouldn't be as high. And I would have more opportunity to give it a chance by always having it with me.

I'm thinking of getting that Rugby Challenge game..and jumping into the Assassin's Creed Series. And I might get that Battle Royal, even though I'm usually not interested in Smash Bros type games.

I don't know why some don't consider multiplat games, well games. Just because you might prefer to play it on the Big Screen and only at home, doesn't mean everyone has too. Its all about convenience or preference for some.

If a gamer has a 360 and PS3....and the PS3 is the bad port, yet he still gets it for the PS3 for free online or more PSN friends for that genre, or additional content. Why should he be looked down upon? or Viseversa. Maybe the 360 is the bad port, but he likes the controller better for that type of game.

multiplat titles are multiplat titles....or ports or whatever. I knew I was getting the inferior version Fifa for my Vita, but I still have been enjoying the fact that i can boot it up anywhere. (Also love Touch Passing, and rear touch goal shooting)

Onemic

The difference, at least for me, is that Nintendo made it very clear they will act to make sure the 3DS won't flounder. They went as far as doing an emergency price cut and instituting an ambassador program. Now, it's unrealistic to expect a Vita price cut this early given Sony's financial status. However, there is a lot more that they can do to instill confidence that they won't abandon the Vita. For Christ's sake, they didn't even bother to put up a shitty Vita montage. More time was spend on some Move AR game than their just released new handheld. These moves imply that Sony thinks Vita is an after-thought. And given the platform's precarious situation, that's the very last thing it needs. The Vita needs Sony pushing it as hard and as much as possible for it to survive. We got exactly the opposite of that last night.

This is a much better post to address the situation rather than changing the subject. Don't have much to add other than this being a good post.

Yeah, but OoT likes having 3D more than Revelations anyway for a number of reasons. I really preferred 2xAA, and I'm generally a fan of 3D.

You should download the demo and try it for yourself, if you haven't already.

Well my issue is that Nintendo focused quite a bit on new gameplay footage of big 3DS games back in E3 2011, and that helped reassure us. Sony looks like they've just forgotten/don't care. And I think we're mostly expressing disappointment, not hate.

Already have, I hated the controls although admitedly I never tried the gyro aspect

Kyon

Banned

P4Golden for me>>>>>>>>>>> lol

DSGamer

Neo Member
Boasting PSOne support was surreal. Right now the PSP plays more games than the Vita. It plays all the Minis, all the PSOne games and all the PSP games. The Vita has the lesser version of Lumines and a comparable version of Hot Shots Golf. It has an inferior version of ModNation Racers and a very similar version of Katamari. If someone asked me today which Sony handheld to buy I'd tell them to grab a PSP. Honestly.

branny

I'm disappointed in Sony's lack of support, but 1/3 of the games left in 2012 that I've been planning to buy Day 1 are comprised of previously announced Vita games (Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey, and DJMAX Technika TUNE). To compare, Kingdom Hearts 3D was the only 3DS game prior to the announcement of Code of Princess (and I'm sure one or two post-conference games like Fire Emblem *crosses fingers*) that I was doing the same for.

There are other games I'm interested in on both platforms but none I can see myself purchasing without hesitation.

I'm just frustrated that so many announced or rumored games appear to have vanished for all I know.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Well, in this case, what are the reason to purchase PSVita with PS360 costing less and with a far better line-up, given the fact that future PSVita line-up does not have so many exclusive?

Because it's a handheld... I can't lug my PS3 with me onto the bus or play while I'm out of the house.

Just from stuff announced today I'm looking forward to checking out Sine Mora (as I don't own a 360) and Need For Speed: Most Wanted (assuming this version is respectable, I'd love this kind of game on the go) neither of which are going to be available on the 3DS. They are both ports or multi-platform games but to me I'd like to play both on the Vita.

Why exactly is having the option of playing a game on multiple platforms a negative?

Sadist

I've been watching the Sony conference this morning (it was a bit too late for us mainland Euro folk) and man... I've said several times TGS would be the place where the Vita will get some announcements, but I didn't think Sony would spend so little time on Vita stuff. I fear the handheld.

I don't think anyone here is denying that the Vita currently has some good games. The logic goes that if these good games aren't selling well now, we're less likely to see more good games in the future, which is a relevant point given that this thread is partially about the future of the Vita and the lack of good games seen in its future.

Kyon

Banned
Because it's a handheld... I can't lug my PS3 with me onto the bus or play while I'm out of the house.

Just from stuff announced today I'm looking forward to checking out Sine Mora (as I don't own a 360) and Need For Speed: Most Wanted (assuming this version is respectable, I'd love this kind of game on the go) neither of which are going to be available on the 3DS. They are both ports or multi-platform games but to me I'd like to play both on the Vita.

Why exactly is having the option of playing a game on multiple platforms a negative?

Because its Vita

Rich!

Rayman Legends is coming for Vita and for that I will hold on to mine. Not that I would sell it anyway.

This whole PSV has no games reminds me of the PSP launch which was getting it's ass kicked by the DS until they got their shit together.

Look at it now, not the biggest seller but it has a fantastic lineup.

Rayman legends is a Wii U exclusive. Check the thread.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Boasting PSOne support was surreal. Right now the PSP plays more games than the Vita. It plays all the Minis, all the PSOne games and all the PSP games. The Vita has the lesser version of Lumines and a comparable version of Hot Shots Golf. It has an inferior version of ModNation Racers and a very similar version of Katamari. If someone asked me today which Sony handheld to buy I'd tell them to grab a PSP. Honestly.
Sony just announced some value bundles for the PSP in Japan, too! Maybe they feel the same way.

Onemic

Well, now that you have called me a blind fanboy despite me having no ill intention whatsoever towards you, I think I should just quit this discussion.

I also think you "don't get it", but I wouldn't call you a blind fanboy or anything like that. Thanks anyway for bearing with me for a while, mate.

I'm not calling you one, but after two posts of deflecting and changing the subject, they come across that way. I get it, but like I said before, the discussion was premised on the quantity of good titles and not the selling power of said titles. You take away from the discussion by trying to change the subject to something else. How is it any different in threads of niche titles where someone will ask how much that game has sold, like it has anything to do with the discussion or it somehow affects its quality.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't think anyone here is denying that the Vita currently has some good games. The logic goes that if these good games aren't selling well now, we're less likely to see more good games in the future, which is a relevant point given that this thread is partially about the future of the Vita and the lack of good games seen in its future.

Well now, I wish I have your ability to say things as concise as you, hahaha. It will save me a lot of trouble.

I'm not calling you one, but after two posts of deflecting and changing the subject, they come across that way. I get it, but like I said before, the discussion was premised on the quantity of good titles and not the selling power of said titles. You take away from the discussion by trying to change the subject to something else. How is it any different in threads of niche titles where someone will ask how much that game has sold, like it has anything to do with the discussion or it somehow affects its quality.

mjemirzian basically has the same point as I would like to convey to you but he/she's more capable of doing it in wayyy less words, hahaha.

DSGamer

Neo Member
I personally wouldn't mind if the Vita got a ton of ports. Like someone else mentioned earlier, my favorite thing about the Vita is I can use it to play games I *could* play on my PS3/360, but would rather take on the go. Currently that means Rayman, FIFA and MLB: The Show. Madden will also fall into that group. In my mind that should have been the proposition from day 1. The Vita will allow you to seamlessly take all your favorite console games on the go. And it happens to have other games. I think that system would have sold. A FULL version of COD multiplayer would have been amazing. That would have moved systems.

tzare

as a proud vita owner i really hope sony fixes this and during the e3 showflor many vita games are shown. it would be really bad if they skip the opportunity to show Vita as a healthy console.

spats

This was a shamefully pathetic E3 for Vita owners. I was expecting a Killzone demo at a bare minimum. There was like 10 seconds of footage from the AC3 spin-off but that was it.

I guess the system really is dead then.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Only people supporting VITA are the hardcore, the trophy double/triple whores, people who just wanted a PSP2

That list up there is such bullshit about VITA having games

You can knock out 35% due to them being PS3 ported titles, then another 20-25% that will come out in 2013 rather than this year

Doesn't help the fact most VITA games are shallow experiences, no ROI to keep the consumer busy
Look @ Resistance Burning Skies, most are just finishing it too fucking quickly and either flipping/trading it ASAP

Sony hasn't learned Jack Shit from PSP

Onemic

This would be fine if that was the original argument instead of one born out of a refutation of the origianl argument that the vita lacks titles.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, just stating that wasn't the original argument discussed the thread.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
This was a shamefully pathetic E3 for Vita owners. I was expecting a Killzone demo at a bare minimum. There was like 10 seconds of footage from the AC3 spin-off but that was it.

I guess the system really is dead then.
It was a really odd choice to show nothing - especially considering they supposedly have playable demos on the floor. Why not just throw in a few minutes featuring them? So strange.

It's not. But this does not mean that PSVita has a respectable line-up.
Then it depends on what a person wants from a console; I prefer to have exclusive software since at this point I already have a PS3 and a 3DS. Now, nothing will convince me to buy a PSVita, given its line-up.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That list is stupid. Some of those games aren't even available in the US/EU and others don't exist. Like KH. What the hell?

Well now, I wish I have your ability to say things as concise as you, hahaha. It will save me a lot of trouble.
No worries, just try to present your point in clear and neutral logic that doesn't step on anyone's toes.. preferably like a math equation. It's hard in a fast moving thread with a lot of emotions and easy misunderstandings. You might have ended up trying to make a point as a reply to something else they were objecting to, so it's best to start from the beginning rather than making assumptions.

spats

It was a really odd choice to show nothing - especially considering they supposedly have playable demos on the floor. Why not just throw in a few minutes featuring them? So strange.

They could've cut the damn Wonderbook presentation in half and used the time for a Vita montage. Would've atleast instilled some confidence into the people who got suckered into buying the system believing that they'd show support for it in a timely manner.

Kyon

Banned
Only people supporting VITA are the hardcore, the trophy double/triple whores, people who just wanted a PSP2

That list up there is such bullshit about VITA having games

You can knock out 35% due to them being PS3 ported titles, then another 20-25% that will come out in 2013 rather than this year

Doesn't help the fact most VITA games are shallow experiences, no ROI to keep the consumer busy
Look @ Resistance Burning Skies, most are just finishing it too fucking quickly and either flipping/trading it ASAP

tumblr_lzw7cnzgqa1qlcs90o1_400.gif

Is this true? lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
iSeNb.png

Updated the list all blocked out boxes games are released titles (I think I missed some, sorry, will update)

Now from that list left, how many are 2012 bound

Maybe < 10 for the next 6 months

Also LOL @ Kyon

Is this true? lol

< 5 hour campaign, MP nothing to play about

Neifirst

I didn't wade through all 20+ pages of this thread, but is it at least possible that Sony might hold a Vita-specific roundtable or some equivalent during E3 like Nintendo is planning? I'm holding onto mine specifically for Persona 4. Hopefully more is coming soon!

I didn't wade through all 20+ pages of this thread, but is it at least possible that Sony might hold a Vita-specific roundtable or some equivalent during E3 like Nintendo is planning? I'm holding onto mine specifically for Persona 4. Hopefully more is coming soon!

They haven't mentioned it, but its certainly possible.

Proc

Assasins Creed and Call of duty are both this year and I'll probably buy both. I only have purchased Uncharted. I want Lumines but that doesn't strike me as a $40 game.

The show was disappointing but not enough to take a loss on the console I bought. I'm going down with this ship and I feel many in this thread will join me.

Things I wished I saw for vita:

1) GTA
2) God of War (much better portable game imo)
3) Final Fantasy
4) Resident Evil
5) Atlas and other odd JRPGs
6) Bioware / Bethesda RPG
7) PS1 remakes
8) Some sort of Everquest mmo
9) More games.

Top Bottom