• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does PS Vita exist / Lack of Vita games at E3

DMeisterJ

Banned
I had the lowest expectations for what they'd show for it... And they still zoomed right underneath them.

Seriously. Like, all I expected was PSone support, localization of some JP titles, and some acknowledgment that this platform was something they were going to try to support in the future. AC3 is nice, but it's all the gameplay we saw. Blops only got a title screen, and the rest are multi-plat.

Depressing really.

Alrus

I missed the begining, but I'm surprised they didn't showcase Soul Sacrifice at all. That's a confirmed exclusive game in development by a pretty renowned director and it's not a spin-off.

The big Vita announcements of E3:

-PS1 support (feature that should have been available at launch)
-PS All-Stars (PS3 port, though it looks fun)
-ACIII: Liberation (moderately promising console spinoff, but from a C-tier team)
-CoD: Black Ops Declassified (console spinoff, nothing shown except a logo despite releasing this year and having been announced over 16 months ago)

So... yeah. I'm still waiting to see how Japanese support looks as of TGS before I pronounce the system DOA or whatnot, but it's getting harder and harder to avoid the conclusion that the Vita shouldn't have been launched.

Levyne

Banned
I really see a repeat of PSP with Vita. Atlus, JRPG's and niche quirky machine that can play PSP and PSone games on an awesome screen. If you are expecting anything past that I think you will be disappointed. Games like Assassins Creed and CoD will be surprise not the norm.

This wouldn't be terrible but still underwhelming

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It doesn't help that the Vita (and the 3ds as well) are big in the East aka Japan and the only real Eastern Dev'd game we've seen at any of the press events has been RE6.

Japan has basically been non existent at all of the press events. Hell all of the smaller Western Studios have been absent as well.

It's basically a signally that this is the end of the console life cycle IMO.

Games I'm excited for on the Vita up until the end of December:

Gravity Rush
Little Big Planet
Persona 4
Street Fighter X Tekken
Playstation All Stars
Sounds Shapes
Jet Grind Radio
Call of Duty
Assassin's Creed: Liberation

That's a pretty damn good list and I'm probably missing a couple of games. That being said, Sony should have put a bigger spotlight on it here at E3. Seems like bad form not to.

I'm going to wait until the show floor opens before I declare doom. For instance, how many Japanese developed games were shown the entirety of E3 so far? Resident Evil 6, and... um...?

In short, there are very likely unannounced games on the show floor, and we may get some awesome Vita games still.

If you own a Vita sell it while it's still worth something and no I'm not joking around.

I have too much fun using PS Suite on it to sell it. :p

Actually, I really do need the money... And I might still be able to sell it for $200, the price I bought it at...

Vita :(

i am more bummed that the call of duty isn't gonna be black ops 2, i wanted to cross play so bad and take it on the go.

same with Assassins Creed 3, a side story.

4 games is crazy though, omg sony you guys need to get it together.

I really wanted a Vita but I held off because of the lack of games that interested me. Glad I did now, I'd be PISSED after that if I owned one.

Somnid

The best part was announcing BLOPS: Declassified and then not showing anything. Probably rushed by a B-grade team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seriously considering selling my system as long as i can still get a couple bucks for it. Seems like the market and publishers aren't willing to carry two traditional handhelds in this day and age.

I expected at least one big showcase announcement - but nothing ? Damn...

Midou

I missed the begining, but I'm surprised they didn't showcase Soul Sacrifice at all. That's a confirmed exclusive game in development by a pretty renowned director and it's not a spin-off.

Yep, this and Gravity Rush should have been shown. They should have partnered up with Square Enix or something and get at least one big secret reveal. It is so damn frustrating that their making like Japan essentially now, try to bring life to it. They aren't lifting a god damn finger.

M-PG71C

I'm really thinking that PlayStation Mobile is going to be their exit strategy moving forward. They'll gracefully get away from the Vita, and in a lot of ways, it'll be better for them.

Man, I don't know. What has been made painfully clear is that Sony no longer has the desire or ability to sell PS Vita hardware.

Maybe Stringer was for the idea and Hirai wanted to push tablets. Maybe Hirai's successor doesn't like the Vita. I don't know. I am sure there is a fantastic book in the making in what is going on behind the scenes with the Vita, but it's making for some shitty business.

Games I'm excited for on the Vita up until the end of December:

Gravity Rush
Little Big Planet
Persona 4
Street Fighter X Tekken
Playstation All Stars
Sounds Shapes
Jet Grind Radio
Call of Duty
Assassin's Creed: Liberation

That's a pretty damn good list and I'm probably missing a couple of games. That being said, Sony should have put a bigger spotlight on it here at E3. Seems like bad form not to.

Half of those are ports.

GQman2121

Banned
CoD Vita doesn't exist. It can't. If it did, it would have taken up the time that was devoted to Wonderbook.

When is PSX support happening? They keep saying it's coming, but when? That shit is way overdue.

Top Bottom