• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

kionedrik

I wish that Valve released a 16M stretch goal that allowed people to come up with new hero ideas and a subsequent community vote of those heroes, with a promise that the winner would be put into the game.

elyetis

I wish that Valve released a 16M stretch goal that allowed people to come up with new hero ideas and a subsequent community vote of those heroes, with a promise that the winner would be put into the game.
We were speaking about it with some friends few days ago. I don't really see a downside to it except it would mean that hero won't be a support, supports simply don't win votes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
http://abload.de/img/wordcloudgap6r.png[IMG]

Yah i don't speak a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't speak a lot either...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/39V24kF.png

Some of you guys are a bunch of flamers. What reason do you even have to speak in all chat if not shit talking to the other team, or trying to make someone on your team look like shit? #highhorse

yes and will that idea win when the community votes? I doubt it
guaranteed winner
"epic pudgerino kappa's memerino le xd"
q - pudge's hook
w - sunstrike
e - mirana's arrow
r - invoke because why the fuck not, it just does nothing
aghs : same upgrade as invoker's

ranged agi, 28+3.7 str, 34+4.20 agi, 25+3.1 int, 345 base ms, 1.1 BAT

Are there any good guides about deciding what lane to go to and how to build lanes against certain lineups? I find that in my sub-2k matches it seems completely random where people decide to go. I understand the concept of a safelane farmer, but I feel like I don't really know who makes a good offlaner, when you should tri-lane, etc.

kionedrik

We were speaking about it with some friends few days ago. I don't really see a downside to it except it would mean that hero won't be a support, supports simply don't win votes.

Imho there are more good carries in the game than good supports so maybe it could work the other way, especially if the hero has some sort of play-making abilities like Rubick or Enigma.

yes and will that idea win when the community votes? I doubt it

You're assuming every entry will be up for voting in which case I would agree with you, but I was thinking that Valve would trim out the fat first and then submit the best (by their standards) 8 or 16 ideas to vote.

JC Sera

I have no doubt 99% of the submissions would be stupid ideas or some form of copyright infringement...

Still all that is needed is 1 very good idea.
I have an idea for a hero but its largely based on the umber hulk, a D&D copyrighted monster...

but lets be honest here, community vote waifu new hero will win yet again

Haunted

Are there any good guides about deciding what lane to go to and how to build lanes against certain lineups? I find that in my sub-2k matches it seems completely random where people decide to go. I understand the concept of a safelane farmer, but I feel like I don't really know who makes a good offlaner, when you should tri-lane, etc.
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Role#Unofficial_Roles

This gives a fairly good overview of desirable characteristics for the various laning roles, which should allow you to more easily identify which lane would suit a particular hero best, along with some of the most popular examples. Of course, there are always exceptions and many heroes can be played in several roles, but this should be a pretty good starting point.

I'm sure one of our more knowledgeable team captains can chime in with popular offensive/defensive trilane setups and how to spot opportunities while drafting.

Design a hero:

Skill 1: Skillshot that drags hero to the target it hits

Skill 2: PBAoE Nuke

Skill 3: Short range Stun

Ult: Long range AoE Stun

See? EZPZ.

I decided to pick up ranked again at the best time. I think I counted last night I'm 3-17 in my last 20 matches. One match cost me 47 mmr since the other team was well below our average rank. To top it off in the next match I get paired with a guy named mid or troll. Of course he proceeded to not just quit after first blood but try and body block teammates and feed 20+ times to whoever on the other team.

I decided to pick up ranked again at the best time. I think I counted last night I'm 3-17 in my last 20 matches. One match cost me 47 mmr since the other team was well below our average rank. To top it off in the next match I get paired with a guy named mid or troll. Of course he proceeded to not just quit after first blood but try and body block teammates and feed 20+ times to whoever on the other team.

better to put people who flame in lpq
wink.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Are there server problems right now? I keep disconnecting from the Dota network but only for like 2 seconds at a time. I can't access my compendium. I'm not in any of my guilds. Other odd problems.

Also has anybody else had -novid not working since the Reborn client was added to the game? That intro really gets on my fucking nerves.

ViviOggi

-47 mmr for one game ayyyyyyyy

shira

Countdown to TI5:
t1437933600z4.png

a4ad23c83800e9704f874374c0b5e42e.gif

Ok, ok I got us a hypetrain to fill up! If you have a preferred location on the train/pokemon/avatar post/PM me otherwise your stock avatar is going on there for the TI5 OT splash image

PM me I'm willing to add team logos and flags for your TI5 avatars too!

If you want to do them yourself:
TI flags http://imgur.com/a/LjPYh
TI logos http://imgur.com/a/kXSt6

Friendly reminder:
Still looking for volunteer writers for International 5 |OT|

Instructions here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...ostcount=10453

Those who reserved plz PM me:

(7) Reserved:
= ksan [VP] have not received
* JC Sera [fnatic] probably done
= milkman [C9] have not received
= heavy [nabi] have not received
= tusr [secret] have not received
* mono [vg, nb] received! TY!!!
=steve [MVPp] have not received

(11) Needs: EG, iG, Navi, Archon, EHOME, CDEC, MVPh6, Vega, Newbee, LGD, Empire

TY

>takoyaki

http://zippy.gfycat.com/IgnorantThinIslandwhistler.webm

Countdown to TI5:
t1437933600z4.png

Ok, ok I got us a hypetrain to fill up! If you have a preferred location on the train/pokemon/avatar post/PM me otherwise your stock avatar is going on there for the TI5 OT splash image

uses this version for my avatar on the HHHHHYYPEEEEEE TRRRAAAAAIIIIINNNNN1!!
JyiCsyI.png

ty

-47 mmr for one game ayyyyyyyy

Yea I knew when the match started and teammates were set on saying we couldn't lose to this team it was bound to happen. At the end we just got megas but they killed three of our team in mid and did a final push.

I almost missed it was -47 and kind of wish that I didn't notice it. It's basically like I lost 5 matches on the night instead of 4.

The 50% balance will happen soon, this streak can't continue can it?

Yea I knew when the match started and teammates were set on saying we couldn't lose to this team it was bound to happen. At the end we just got megas but they killed three of our team in mid and did a final push.

I almost missed it was -47 and kind of wish that I didn't notice it. It's basically like I lost 5 matches on the night instead of 4.

The 50% balance will happen soon, this streak can't continue can it?

nah forced 50 can only fuck you up, it won't give you more wins if you're below 50%, that's its secret
wink.gif

Top Bottom