• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

heckfu

Banned
Hey, I know I don't ever post here but it was nice meeting you guys from mumbledotatrashergaf this weekend!

(also, where's that picture anbokr?!)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
banned gaf said:
BSpHD8Y.jpg
gofu, kappy, eazyB
trasher gaf said:
eazyB, heckfu, trasher
mumblegaf + trashergaf said:
me, gofu's friend kyle, gofu, kappy, eazyB, trasher, heckfu, tswift, kard, awfulwaffle

guess who's who

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Literally one guy there who isn't an instant nerd.

fnatics problem is team composition. things got awkward when nova left and they brought in a carry player in his stead. Fly has on numerous occasions said he'd like to play carry and doesn't enjoy being support, notail has said similar things. All of them are greedy players by nature.

I personally think era is the most talented of the bunch, I also think notail although brilliant at wisp and distruptor is wasted not playing mid.
I'd be excited to see a refreshed fnatic with Fly as #1 carry, notail as mid, hanni as fourth position farmed support and two new players for offlane/support. Would be sad to see era leave but he just doesn't fit the team.

Yeah this is definitely true, another thing about Fnatic is that players like H4nn1 and N0tail don't really suit roles but more general types of heroes. Like H4nn1 I think does best on playmaker type roles either in the mid or as a 4 position support. N0tail's two main heroes are supports but I think he's a better mid. I think they'd get the most out of trading the mid and 4 position between H4nn1 and N0tail depending on the heroes they pick, which they have been doing a little lately

They tried to balance it out with Sgeever grill, but it was just time filler

MerleeZy and lumi is nightmare fuel

luminous is one of the few remaining casters worse than ayesee. he couldn't even pronounce sansheng during the finals. he kept saying shansheng. and that's not even considering how bad his english is or how his commentary is more superficial than toby's. he must be gabe's bastard child or something to get to cast the grand finals

Haly

yall....

roaming CM and Skywrath duo is the tea
Satch, you should go into casting except you can do it exclusively in stan. You could be twitch.tv/Standoto.

belvey

it'd be neat if they used TI as fund raising for more tournaments throughout the year. like, 5 2-million dollar tournaments. one'd be TI, then give some to DH, ESL, WPC, etc.

BeesEight

Fnatic - Lose Era. Make it official and give Xcalibur his spot. His pool of heroes may be a bit more limited, but he clearly has the kind of upside you want out of a young player. He's someone that can become a face for the team for many years to come. Let Era get all the peace and quiet he needs...on someone else's dime.

You're a monster.

Honestly even though I'm a big fan of Fnatic the only standout player I think they have is H4nn1, N0tail has been fairly awful lately, Fly has been a bit of a non-factor, Trixi is either great or terrible and lately mostly terrible, Era is a sold player but made a few mistakes at TI (maybe lack of practice), Excalibur after his explosive start pretty much did nothing for them come ESL

I honestly have no idea what they can do with the roster because none of them have really been performing lately, role swaps might be what they need though

I didn't see a lot of their games but the ones I did Era was certainly not the weakest link. Xcalibur is really underwhelming as a replacement. He doesn't have nearly the synergy with the old style of play Fnatic ran and he just folds under pressure once teams put him as a higher priority. When he played with them it forced n0tail to team up with H4nn1 instead of Era and changed their entire strategy.

Personally, I feel the team is more in the same position as Alliance. They need to get their act together and put in more practice. When they're on point, they can beat the top teams. The problem is they're probably the least consistent team in the scene. Replacing Era won't fix that. Trixi will go from feeding the enemy to carrying the team--all in the same best of three. Perhaps they could shake up roles, though I thought they experimented with that post TI3 with incredibly underwhelming results.

I think they should focus more on their flexibility. Shoot for unpredictability to get the edge. Have players move into different roles. H4nn1's support ES is pretty good considering he hasn't had a lot of time in that position. N0tail can play a decent farming position if needed. Expand the player's positions and I think they can really be a top team with the improved drafting possibilities.

If there's one thing to take away from Vici's performance it's that the team with the greater adaptability will win. Fnatic should really strive for that adaptability.

Or they can drop some of the players which they've been playing with for years for an incredibly unstable and likely even more underperforming team.

I don't like Lumi at all. What the hell does he even add? It certainly ain't knowledge. I want Merlini, Synd, and other ex-pros as analysis guys. I was a huge hater of Ayesee but he's gotten better, now I don't like Tobi.

Agreed. I have no idea how Lumi landed not only the main stage but the finals as well. Tobi is awful and the combination with Lumi made it really hard not to run them on mute. At the very least put Synd in there as a compromise.

If Fear doesn't return to playing, I do hope to see more of his casting. I actually enjoyed his stuff for the qualifiers and The Summit. It would also expand the pool of ex-pros to join up with "colour commentary" or whatever we're calling Ayesee, LD, Tobi nowadays. It would be sad to lose Fear from EG, though, but with Mason I'm not convinced they're looking for him to come back.

PSA: Don't play Io in solo queue games. Worse than AM or Medusa, for sure.

A hard carry like AM is at least somewhat doable if your 4 other teammates can distract your opponents long enough for you to get at least your first big item.

Wisp is straight up impossible solo, even if you're playing with CK, Tony or what have you. I've won with a Wisp on my team but that hero is a net negative without some solid communication.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm not saying Bulldog is responsible for Alliance not being able to win but if he was it's because he's the only player on that team that opponents go out of their way to respect ban. It's not a "limited hero pool" issue at all as much as Alliance's major strength being too telegraphed and easy for other teams to exploit. If Bulldog gets kicked off of Alliance for some reason it will be the first time in the history of Dota that a player gets kicked for being TOO good.

Come at me haters.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
if respect bans nuke your hero pool then you probably need to leave a team for a while and find more strengths imo

Respect bans don't nuke his hero pool. They nuke Alliance's entire team strategy.

PSA: Don't play Io in solo queue games. Worse than AM or Medusa, for sure.

Tether to someone, alt-click relocate (so it says "relocate > ready"), ping where you want to go, wait a second for them to understand/object, and relocate.

If possible, communicate this way of announcing relocates to your team at the start of the match, and tell them to frantically ping/scribble on the map if they don't want to go.

Alternative: don't solo queue.

Hylian7

Tether to someone, alt-click relocate (so it says "relocate > ready"), ping where you want to go, wait a second for them to understand/object, and relocate.

If possible, communicate this way of announcing relocates to your team at the start of the match, and tell them to frantically ping/scribble on the map if they don't want to go.

Alternative: don't solo queue.

Basically the Legion I was supporting blinked into the trees, I was being chased, she had like 10 seconds to TP out, I tethered to her to get away from my chasers and TP'd, then she died and blamed me even though she had plenty of time.

Then she disabled help on me.

A hard carry like AM is at least somewhat doable if your 4 other teammates can distract your opponents long enough for you to get at least your first big item.

Wisp is straight up impossible solo, even if you're playing with CK, Tony or what have you. I've won with a Wisp on my team but that hero is a net negative without some solid communication.

Wisp is fun as hell in solo queue. Roam, gank, tether yourself to a right clicker and go nuts.

Edit: winning on the other hand . . .

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Who the hell is Katie Kate?

Bring on darude!! And I wanna see how many people are there. I'm guessing about 30. It's a Monday night

Haly

Are those people in the audience or is that the Terracotta Army?

Any idea when we get the next balance patch? I'd imagine freezyfrog needs some time to analyze TI4, but on the other hand they've got to release Techies sometime soon..ish.. right?

I want my boi Jakiro to get some buffs, his TI winrate is abysmal. An actually threatening ultimate would go a long way.

Top Bottom