• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Good couple of games from NaVi and Alliance today. Neither of these teams look top tier (yet, anyways) but I'm loving fng's zany drafts (that guy must have a Venge love pillow or something cause he loves that hero) and Misery's support play, so they're both definitely just as fun to watch as ever. Also they seem very well matched. That game 2 from today proved that that rivalry is still worthy of being called El Clasico.

The Bulldog/Vanskor rivalry adds a fun level of fanservice too, which is always great.

Haunted

I didn't know these new treasures contained entire bundles. Buying a key to get a chance for one of 10+ individual items never sat right with me - buying these in bundles is much more up my alley. Getting a 1 in 4 chance at a bundle I wanted seemed like good odds for me and I had like 15 dollars in my steam wallet so I vowed to buy a few - at least until I got the Windranger and the Legion Commander sets (I liked most of the heroes in the bundle, but those 2 are my most played out of those by far).

Got Legion Commander in the first and Windranger with the second chest.

Thanks RNG!

Team with former Starcraft 2 player crushing Na'Vi. So why are Koreans so bad at this game?
They're not bad! Zephyr had a month-long losing streak against Korean teams.

kappa

Team with former Starcraft 2 player crushing Na'Vi. So why are Koreans so bad at this game?
more critical thinking and creativity and less reaction needed and practicing specific builds to shave seconds

Mostly just less time to get used to it though in my opinion.

Haunted

The Bulldog/Vanskor rivalry adds a fun level of fanservice too, which is always great.
jGb0fUh.png

Hylian7

Shots fired. I hate shrapnel, and usually skip it in the laneing phase then get it later. Riki I always go 1 1 1 though. #notallbadplayers
I like 1 Shrapnel early for the vision, otherwise it is Crapnel.

Pudge gets a lot of underserved hate because so many bad players pick him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
People (on reddit) complain way to much when it comes to the Arcanas. Now there is a topic about the Arcana including a set somehow making the Arcana being worth less, people saying that only Arcana's should have changed item animations/icons, more bitching about immortals not being good enough. They are just rarities/price points people, they don't directly imply anything else in terms of quality/effects. Buy it if you like it, don't if you don't/

I wonder if I'd break the downvote record on Reddit if I created a thread stating that I prefer watching MoonMeander's stream to SingSing's.

inkls

I wonder if I'd break the downvote record on Reddit if I created a thread stating that I prefer watching MoonMeander's stream to SingSing's.

or make a thread saying you like singsing's stream but the starting letter of each sentence ends spelling "moonneander is better" bwahahaa.

Hylian7

I still think that Blink range punishment mechanic is pointless and needs to go away. I don't see any logical reason for it to exist.

By the way, I ran jungle Terrorblade a few times lately and it actually kinda works. His jungling isn't more efficient than his laning by any means but it's reasonably fast (fast than Lifestealer's, Legion Commander or an RNGesus-less Axe) and if you have nowhere to go, might as well go jungle. Last picking a greedy carry over a support is honestly the right choice sometimes because in this particular scenario, your team just needs to survive for 10-13 minutes and you'll come out of the jungle with decent farm and wreck their towers.

He's extremely vulnerable during his early jungling though. Then again, most of the shitty pub junglers are.

Hylian7

I see PA mid a whole lot lately. The funny thing is I don't think she is normally a viable mid. The only reason people get away with it in pubs is that they think "It's the miss, you don't need to bank that." And then your mid couldn't solo kill her, probably got close a few times, but she got away. Now PA has free farm and you probably lost already.

Hylian7

By the way, I ran jungle Terrorblade a few times lately and it actually kinda works. His jungling isn't more efficient than his laning by any means but it's reasonably fast (fast than Lifestealer's, Legion Commander or an RNGesus-less Axe) and if you have nowhere to go, might as well go jungle. Last picking a greedy carry over a support is honestly the right choice sometimes because in this particular scenario, your team just needs to survive for 10-13 minutes and you'll come out of the jungle with decent farm and wreck their towers.

He's extremely vulnerable during his early jungling though. Then again, most of the shitty pub junglers are.
How the hell is this ever the right choice? Even I will pick a support if I'm last pick over a greedy carry, and you know how much I hate support.

Razzer

I see PA mid a whole lot lately. The funny thing is I don't think she is normally a viable mid. The only reason people get away with it in pubs is that they think "It's the miss, you don't need to bank that." And then your mid couldn't solo kill her, probably got close a few times, but she got away. Now PA has free farm and you probably lost already.

On the other hand, bottle allows her to spam dagger, and blur makes her good at trading hits. She's not some crazy lane dominator like Razor or anything, but putting her mid is totally legit, dagger spam is very very strong against a lot of heroes.

Randdalf

On the other hand, bottle allows her to spam dagger, and blur makes her good at trading hits. She's not some crazy lane dominator like Razor or anything, but putting her mid is totally legit, dagger spam is very very strong against a lot of heroes.

Dagger with a few points in Crystal Maiden aura means she doesn't even need to bottle crow, it's so powerful in lane.

How the hell is this ever the right choice? Even I will pick a support if I'm last pick over a greedy carry, and you know how much I hate support.

I honestly don't take my team mates into consideration when I solo Q. There is a huge likelihood my impact on the game will be higher as a jungling TB than as a supp. Scenarios obviously vary which is why I can't run that strat 24/7 but I'm as greedy a player as it gets when I solo queue.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
This patch has now officially taken longer than the wait after TI3.

I have to say that the community has handled it much better, especially since there hasn't been a new hero since January

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I got 2,181 comment karma just yesterday lol
5,136 total. And I thought that was a lot

How did you get so much lol, just comment on literally everything?

Post popular opinions in larger sub-Reddits, though I'm not sure why anyone would care about Karma.

Demoli

This patch has now officially taken longer than the wait after TI3.

I have to say that the community has handled it much better, especially since there hasn't been a new hero since January

This time around Valve actualyl said something during the wait.

I do hope that from diretide on they add a new hero per patch.

Pratfall

I don't even get a bottle on her mid against most matchups. I go aquila and tend to be fine. If I feel I'm going to take a ton of harass, I will get one, but generally dagger is so cheap that I want the extra damage from aquila, phase ASAP so I can go for a kill as soon as I hit 6. This may be dumb but it has worked out ok at my MMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom