• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Rekindling Soul update (Map changes, Shadow Fiend remodel, 6.82 rebalancing)

eznark

Banned
disapprove.gif
Oh god not this again. Guess I'll stick to wasteland/fifa a bit longer.

It really hasn't mattered how we lane when mid goes 0-8 in the first 8 minutes.

Hexa

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ DIRETIDE OR RIOT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

jk I haven't played in years.

deleted

Definitely longer games at the competitive level, seems like a lot of the push strats are pretty well nerfed.

I agree. Actually, I kinda missed pre-6.79 Dota quite a bit ever since early push strats started polluting pub as well as pro games.

Hm, well - I guess I'll watch even less Dota 2 now. Games tend to go on for an hour easily with the whole draft atm and if they tend to be even longer after the patch I'll just tune in during the international I guess.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Man that instantly takes me back to when they removed that gnoll camp from Scourge side of the map like 7 years ago XD

TheCrow

Hm, well - I guess I'll watch even less Dota 2 now. Games tend to go on for an hour easily with the whole draft atm and if they tend to be even longer after the patch I'll just tune in during the international I guess.

But they also nerfed the extreme late game since bkbs are tied to heros so you can't just get a fresh 10 second bkb.
AS SILENCER! HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

High skill too strong.

eznark

Banned

Games have been pretty short this year, especially at TI. 6.79 games took God damned forever, hopefully these changes don't reintroduce Chinese dota!

Armaros

But they also nerfed the extreme late game since bkbs are tied to heros so you can't just get a fresh 10 second bkb.

High skill too strong.

That is a massive change. Also many heroes that have been destroyed by late games BKBs are also now good against it.

Veno Ult still hitting spell immunity means BKB users will end up taking damage when the spell immunity wears off.

Soule

Awesome patch, feels overdue or at least I'm very ready for the end of 6.81. Happy they are continuing to try to find a nice balance for All Pick.

theRizzle

Haven't played any Dota in 2 months and won't get to play again until Christmas... It's gonna feel like a whole new game by then.

I am loving that Aghs upgrade on Tree.

Helmholtz

Can someone explain the BKB change to me I don't understand
Before, when you reduced its charges to 4, you could drop it and buy a new one to get back to 10 seconds. Now you can't do that, and you're stuck with 5 seconds minimum for the whole game.
Assuming that's the change you're talking about.

Thanks for the explanation. That is huge. Some of those late game carries with a 10 second BKB were basicly invincible.

It was frustrating losing to a farmed AM or OD when the rest of their team was underleveled in comparison, but it didn't matter because the OD could solo your whole team ha

nilbog21

Banned
To meet new threats, one must seek out new defenses. Originally forged during the chaos of New Bloom to defend against the dreaded Year Beast, the Crimson Guard is now ready to join the ancient war. Suit up in this armor, and you'll be ready to rally your forces and lead the charge against the enemy.

what the fuck does this mean ? LOL

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
To meet new threats, one must seek out new defenses. Originally forged during the chaos of New Bloom to defend against the dreaded Year Beast, the Crimson Guard is now ready to join the ancient war. Suit up in this armor, and you'll be ready to rally your forces and lead the charge against the enemy.

what the fuck does this mean ? LOL

Its a fancy way of saying they added an item that you build with Vanguard + Poor Mans Shield, it has an active that acts like a pipe or a mek but gives a guaranteed damage block to all allies in an AoE for like 9 seconds

Crimson guard is basicly a buffed up Vanguard, imagine a phsyical version of pipe it seems like with its active team ability.

I want to try it on Axe and undying, but it's going to be hard to justify delaying a blink on axe for it

Interfectum

Crimson guard is basicly a buffed up Vanguard, imagine a phsyical version of pipe it seems like with its active team ability.

I want to try it on Axe and undying, but it's going to be hard to justify delaying a blink on axe for it

On Undying it should be awesome though.

Nokterian

First Arcana i am ever going to buy because it looks amazing Shadow Fiend looks swag. Can't wait for this update so many changes.

God Enel

i think it will be quite good on bristle back. i often went vanguard on bristle since mek was kinda expensive on mana. and now that mek costs even more mana crimson guard maybe is a viable choice. :/

Nzyme32

It will fascinating to see how people react to all this. That's a pretty big set of changes, and the no diretide... oh dear haha

krizzx

Sounds like they are nerfing bloodseeker even more and trying to call it an upgrade.

terrorblade in captain's mode fuck me

For me, Terrorblade is a joke unless you have some really bad teammates that feed him relentlessly.

Opens up a lot of heroes to jungle and roaming

Meta gon be fast.

*sigh*

The thing I liked about Dota initially was that is had no real meta. All that matter was how well people played their characters. They seem to be turning it into its many derivatives.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Earth Spirit trolling looks like it's gonna be awesome as well. Already seen vids of him shooting people out of the map. on a more practical note with Pheonix, your teammates can channel while in the meteor.

Two heroes who should never be put in captains mode. More cancer than Lancer.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sounds like they are nerfing bloodseeker even more and trying to call it an upgrade.

For me, Terrorblade is a joke unless you have some really bad teammates that feed him relentlessly.

*sigh*

The thing I liked about Dota initially was that is had no real meta. All that matter was how well people played their characters. They seem to be turning it into its many derivatives.

Last patch it was all deathball all the time. Dota has a meta. Every patch has strategies that are used more than others. It was just that the viable hero pool was big so people liked it.

Top Bottom