• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Rekindling Soul update (Map changes, Shadow Fiend remodel, 6.82 rebalancing)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Its a fancy way of saying they added an item that you build with Vanguard + Poor Mans Shield, it has an active that acts like a pipe or a mek but gives a guaranteed damage block to all allies in an AoE for like 9 seconds

Buckler. Turn in your dota card plz.

Sounds like they are nerfing bloodseeker even more and trying to call it an upgrade.

How do you figure that? And what's with the 'even more'? Prior to 6.82 he has been buffed in every other patch, sometimes to ludicrous levels (permanent undispellable Silence, anyone?) but no one picked him anyway.

Magusx

Phoenix is my favorite hero and I'm super dissapointed with the aghanim scepter upgrade:( Doesn't make Phoenix itself stonger:(

krizzx

How do you figure that? And what's with the 'even more'? Prior to 6.82 he has been buffed in every other patch, sometimes to ludicrous levels (permanent undispellable Silence, anyone?) but no one picked him anyway.

They reduced his true sigh to only vision at 50% and full truesight at 25%. That's a nerf if you ask me. Made dealing with Riki and Bouty a lot more annoying.

Phoenix is my favorite hero and I'm super dissapointed with the aghanim scepter upgrade:( Doesn't make Phoenix itself stonger:(

Just like terrorforce who arrived with him. I consider Phoenix breakfest in most games. He's so easy to kill and does so little comparative damage. I did find a decent build for him, though.

All hearts. Nothing but hearts all day. Then his beam attack melts enemies and makes your teammates practically immortal.

Goon Boon

Banned
They reduced his true sigh to only vision at 50% and full truesight at 25%. That's a nerf if you ask me. Made dealing with Riki and Bouty a lot more annoying.

Yeah, but now it works from 100% HP rather than just when people are low. Plus the Q could be intense with certain heroes.

Was talking about it with a few friends of mine, and I've decided I'll be doing Meepo mid from now on. Guaranteed both runes!

Or take the easy way out and do Ember Spirit.

1. Check Rune
2. Get jumped on by enemy supports because you're a solo Meepo
3. Die

inkls

Just like terrorforce who arrived with him. I consider Phoenix breakfest in most games. He's so easy to kill and does so little comparative damage. I did find a decent build for him, though.

All hearts. Nothing but hearts all day. Then his beam attack melts enemies and makes your teammates practically immortal.

His true sight and global vision is now at 30% so technically hes now better vs invis heroes.

Armaros

His true sight and global vision is now at 30% so technically hes now better vs invis heroes.

He also gains his stats from thirst on a gradient instead of going from 0 bonus to 100% of the bonus across the threshold.

Also bloodrage is now soul catcher for enemies and/or ally damage boost + sustain.

Magusx

With more hearts your damage with sunray won't increase unfortunately:(

krizzx

But originally it was just true sight at 50%. So its still a nerf.

With more hearts your damage with sunray won't increase unfortunately:(

The damage scales off of your max HP. Unless they changed it since the last time I played him.

The hearts will also recoup the health drain from it. Nothing gives more max HP than hearts as well.

Magusx

The damage scales off of your max HP. Unless they changed it since the last time I played him.

The hearts will also recoup the health drain from it. Nothing gives more max HP than hearts as well.

No it doesn't:( It never did atleast with dota 2 don't know how it was with dota 1.

Armaros

Sun Ray scales off enemy health so it doesn't matter if the enemy has 6 hearts, sun ray eats the same % per second.

So it scales well into late game.

Phoenix only gets one heart for the sustain in the late gem but it's just a luxury. Shivas is much more of a core item then heart.

inkls

He also gains his stats from thirst on a gradient instead of going from 0 bonus to 100% of the bonus across the threshold.

Also bloodrage is now soul catcher for enemies and/or ally damage boost + sustain.

I'm figuring that skill is the reason they removed the initial pure dmg from rupture. Its also a great combo with blademail and your silence:

1. Rupture target
2. Bloodrage target
3. Cast Blood rite
4. activate blademail

and the thirst bonus being a gradiant now makes me think the radiance rushing pub bloodseeker build might be pretty good since it would do dmg in an aoe and quickly buff you during teamfights.

Or at least, the nerf is mitigated now.

Deadstar

This patch will be one of the most powerful patches to ever exist in electronic video games. I can't wait until it hits!

I am glad with the nerf to deathball Dota, I was tired of facing that strategy in pubs, I wonder with the games being longer now, will we see more late carries like Medusa and Spectre.

krizzx

Sun Ray scales off enemy health so it doesn't matter if the enemy has 6 hearts, sun ray eats the same % per second.

So it scales well into late game.

Phoenix only gets one heart for the sustain in the late gem but it's just a luxury. Shivas is much more of a core item then heart.

Must have misread about the health bonus then. Guess that takes it back to my original analysis. Phoenix is just a free kill.

Can you explain this? Why is the deathball nerfed and why will games be longer?

In short a lot of changes that either decrease the reward for taking early towers, increases the difficulty in taking towers, increases the reward for killing a team that is bulked up by early gold and experience gains by taking towers and slight nerds to skills for heroes that can push early.

• Every time a tier 1 tower dies you get your glyph refreshed
  • More tier 2 tower armor
  • Pushing abilities were nerfed a bit like DP's ult cooldown increasing or NP's trees losing all magic resist.
  • Towers give less gold
  • You get less exp for killing lower level enemies but more exp for killing higher levels. As a push line-up, it's not uncommon to lose a few people in the push but you'd still end up taking the tower/rax and you just keep doing it over and over. But now the defenders are way more likely to be a higher level and able to defend better if you do lose a few guys.

elyetis

Glyph of Fortification cooldown is now refreshed whenever you lose a Tier 1 tower
Tier 2 Tower's armor increased from 20 to 25
Tower bounty gold for destroying Tier 1/2/3/4 reduced from 264/312/358/405 to 160/200/240/280 (denied is 50%)
Add to that Death Prophet Exorcism nerf, same with Shadow Shaman Mass Serpent Ward; or the *very small* Mekansm or nature prophet nerf.

Top Bottom