• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

Saw comments on the Valve store (yeah, I know... ) implying that if you buy multiples of a blind box item you will receive duplicates? Is that just bitterness? Really want to grab a few Dotakins...

Yeah WeLoveFine is absolutely awful in terms of randomizing. You could get 10 of the same hero:
https://redd.it/4rpepv said:
vrz73ls.jpg
The only condolence is that if you are in Seattle you can trade with other attendees - who presumably have 10 copies of a different hero.
It's not just a few people that are salty its a lot of complaints https://redd.it/4rpepv

Twookie

Yeah WeLoveFine is absolutely awful in terms of randomizing. You could get 10 of the same hero:

The only condolence is that if you are in Seattle you can trade with other attendees - who presumably have 10 copies of a different hero.

that shit is actually so fucking lame - keeps me away from ever buying it honestly

I could get all 10 different dotakins or whatever if I bought 10 of the boxes I probably would buy but when you probably will get duplicates and then missing some of them then there's no way I'll buy that shit

Hylian7

IMO the blind box stuff is fine...as long as you're actually at the event in person because you can trade. Ordering it online, it's kind of stupid just because you can easily get all the same thing. Obviously they seem to have made it with being at the event in person in mind, but they really should just wait months after TI and sell them with some kind of predictability.

Fuchsdh

Until today, I didn't realize they had actually put in boob jiggle into the game. So... thanks for the attention to detail, Valve.

Artanisix

so am i getting a trove/lockless with my track jacket purchase or am i just scammazed, i actually dont know how to read this freakin website

Hylian7

So maybe you folks that also play a lot of CSGO can answer this: why is there so little cheating and VAC ban waves in Dota? I have seen video of a few obvious hacks, one being back in early beta in 2011 when an AM was just dropping Aegis everywhere in the fountain. The other was from a Merlin stream where he watched player perspective on a guy and suddenly he just blinks on and fires off a ton of spells all without moving the camera and even looking at what was going on. I rarely every hear about cheaters, not once have I even heard accusations of something like map hacking. Does it really boil down to the experience and software for aimbots and wall hacks has just been around for far longer than Dota 2?

RS4-

So maybe you folks that also play a lot of CSGO can answer this: why is there so little cheating and VAC ban waves in Dota? I have seen video of a few obvious hacks, one being back in early beta in 2011 when an AM was just dropping Aegis everywhere in the fountain. The other was from a Merlin stream where he watched player perspective on a guy and suddenly he just blinks on and fires off a ton of spells all without moving the camera and even looking at what was going on. I rarely every hear about cheaters, not once have I even heard accusations of something like map hacking. Does it really boil down to the experience and software for aimbots and wall hacks has just been around for far longer than Dota 2?

It's the scripting shit and the way the info is client side or something like that.

It's the scripting shit and the way the info is client side or something like that.
Pretty much this. Anything that is in the fog of war isnt't even sent to your client so a map hack would be pretty much impossible.
The only cheats i've seen are stuff like changing tree models to pumpkins for easy jukes, display blink and tower range (prior to the update) and scripts for heroes like Tinker. I think most of these have already been fixed.

Only get to play one game a week really at this point due to having a baby around and got forced into position 5 as Necro yesterday. Still managed to win but I swear my heart sunk into my chest so badly when the guy hovering on Witch Doctor all pick phase switches to fucking Storm Spirit last minute. Threw our whole team comp off completely.

shira

Only get to play one game a week really at this point due to having a baby around and got forced into position 5 as Necro yesterday. Still managed to win but I swear my heart sunk into my chest so badly when the guy hovering on Witch Doctor all pick phase switches to fucking Storm Spirit last minute. Threw our whole team comp off completely.

Even the SA players have the decency to not switch to last pick Techies, take that as a blessing
yolo.gif

Why are they even messing around, just hook up with Amazon.

The only other thing is that they need to get a new company to make clothes. The stuff I got from the Boston Major has not held up at all. Shame to have such good designs on poor quality materials.

cris7198

I just got home from school.
Holy shit Volvo is doing it. I guess I'll finally buy from their store if the shipping prices are reasonable

shira

The Dotakin Emoticon Treasure has been added to the item schema.
KiJuYmh.png

SmIlLjH.gif
Tide Bawl
hGCDbHc.gif
ES Beg
PiuduwP.gif
Pudge Chuckle
XZiGtSB.gif
CM Huff
qHXeIOv.gif
Kunkka Kisskiss
qKphFCI.gif
Slark Sleep
43RToDg.gif
Monkey King Snort
elSfKQl.gif
Naga Sweat
Gzxtfil.gif
Slardar Wait

Rares
AogAdXB.gif
Axe HeyKid
6Q2SDmh.gif
Roshan Stars

OK, I'm sure this is an age old problem that I'm only just starting to encounter, but I need to vent.

As far as I'm concerned I've done everything the game allows for me to be part of the right 'community'. I have English language selected, I've chosen EU West, EU East and US East for servers. Yet, unless I form a 2/3 stack with friends I'm really struggling to find games with fellow English speakers, making communication impossible and/or pointless.

Is this simply an oversight/poor matchmaking from Valve?

EDIT:

I should say in the interest of fairness, I used to be part of the 'silent game' problem. Before I took the game slightly more seriously, I used to just put music on and play the game a bit selfishly without really understanding the need for teamwork. However, since I've went support and took an interest in how the game actually works... SPEAK TO ME DAMMIT!

Hylian7

OK, I'm sure this is an age old problem that I'm only just starting to encounter, but I need to vent.

As far as I'm concerned I've done everything the game allows for me to be part of the right 'community'. I have English language selected, I've chosen EU West, EU East and US East for servers. Yet, unless I form a 2/3 stack with friends I'm really struggling to find games with fellow English speakers, making communication impossible and/or pointless.

Is this simply an oversight/poor matchmaking from Valve?

EDIT:

I should say in the interest of fairness, I used to be part of the 'silent game' problem. Before I took the game slightly more seriously, I used to just put music on and play the game a bit selfishly without really understanding the need for teamwork. However, since I've went support and took an interest in how the game actually works... SPEAK TO ME DAMMIT!
Use the tools the game gives you to get around it: alt click, chat wheel (translates to whatever language they are playing in), pings (X ping using Ctrl+Alt usually means "don't do it" or "get out of there"), etc. These things are very effective at getting around the language barrier.

Top Bottom